10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Farming junglers work if the enemy jungler is also a farming jungler, or his brain isn't all there. Otherwise, all your lanes are gonna have that udyr/lee/kha/vi/pantheon/whatever breathing down their necks on cooldown, which means that unless your lanes were already winning by enough that jungler interference does nothing (in which case, your plan entering that game is for your team to carry you) then all your lanes will lose, all your laners will be weaker than theirs, and their jungler probably won't even be weaker than you from all the kills/assists he's gotten.
    Or unless your lanes were already loosing by enough that jungler interference foes nothing. If i find myself in a situation where 0/6/0 Wu keeps jumping on 6/0/0 Darius and die, i don't even bother coming there and dying with him. If he is stupid enough to feed enemy (not dying under your own tower due to tower dives from mid+jungler+top players, but just pushing lane, dueling with fed enemy and losing), you won't succeed in ganking.
    However, i haven't played jungler in a while, and last time i've played this role i was Heca, so, farming for extra time didn't hurt.
    There is a lot of things that jungler have to keep in mind and have to get help with to make a successful gank, like, deward, creep equilibrium, CC dispense, mind games. Off course jungler can gank without it, but it really helps, and if there is a 50/50 chance that gank will fail, i don't bother, i'll probably take enemy wraiths and will wait for a better opportunity to gank.

I don't get what the hell with people tho, when this mentality of miraculous ganks from jungler will stop, every single time someone loses lane, he blames jungler for not helping him, when there was no freaking possibility for a gank. Calling a jungler is not like calling for GP ult, it won't happen right now if you chat "omfg gank noob panth already ganked my X times" or something like this
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-03-25 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some champions are early game, and u will need help from jungler, in (good) ranked setups, enemy pick ur counter before he pick what he is good at, and u will need jungler help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Some champions are early game, and u will need help from jungler, in (good) ranked setups, enemy pick ur counter before he pick what he is good at, and u will need jungler help
    right, and when you end up in this situation, you don't throw yourself on enemy who can 1v1 you and wait for help

Deleted
    You guys keep saying what smart junglers would do, take advantage of farming enemy jungler, counterpick blah blah, but with 50+ games already in gold and plat, I haven't gotten counterjungled a single time while playing yi (i warded regulary expecting it), a i've even stolen a fair share of enemy red buffs vs likes of lee sin in games where i expected him to take my red, only to see him come to his red seconds after i killed it, feeling confused.

Jungle has changed, there's alot more gold and exp in jungle now, combined with free ward trinkets which make ganking hard, and unless you're sure gank will be successful you're better off spending that 30 sec killing wraiths and wolves, regardless of playing lee or master yi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    You guys keep saying what smart junglers would do, take advantage of farming enemy jungler, counterpick blah blah, but with 50+ games already in gold and plat, I haven't gotten counterjungled a single time while playing yi (i warded regulary expecting it), a i've even stolen a fair share of enemy red buffs vs likes of lee sin in games where i expected him to take my red, only to see him come to his red seconds after i killed it, feeling confused.

Jungle has changed, there's alot more gold and exp in jungle now, combined with free ward trinkets which make ganking hard, and unless you're sure gank will be successful you're better off spending that 30 sec killing wraiths and wolves, regardless of playing lee or master yi.
    ^This...

There are a few important aspects of being a jungler. Being able to read the game is just the main. You need to foresee where enemy jungler goes. What lanes are going to win, what lanes would benefit from a gank, and so on. If your gank is not succesful then you wasted your time. I recently played Yasuo jungle.. Yeah i know, thats bad right? Well i called mid but lastpick just locked it in without typing refusing to change. So i went jungle. I farmed all i could, but when i could see a lane getting agressed on i went there and either shut down their agression by intimidation, or got a kill from their overextension. Also when enemy jungler comes in for a gank you just show yourself and they back off putting all agression to a halt. Also if enemy jungler manages to get a gank when you are on the other side of the map you just go in and take his wraiths+golem+red? or wolves+wight+blue?

So the key is farming a lot, while preventing your team from losing the game in 12-15 min, which is very doable in ranked.

- - - Updated - - -

Needless to say i managed to get succesful ganks, due to preparing them well. While keeping almost same farm as mid laners.

Why would they back off when they see yasuo showing his face? Just go harder and kill both of you, or get you low enough to force you to back, exploiting yasuo's weakness without items. Then go take your jungle after doing so, preventing you from farming as well. How can you defend your jungle against the enemy jungle if his laners come with him to invade, your laners are too weak to fight the enemy laners, and at best you're equal with the enemy jungle (or weaker than them, as in the case of yi or yasuo vs someone like kha or lee)?

I know that in a lot of games, when people have big advantages over their opponents, they just... do nothing with this advantage, like the previously hypothetical 6/0 darius who just sits in his lane and stares at his opponent during the laning phase. If he's intelligent, what he actually does with that advantage is wander into your jungle and take all your creeps away from you, preventing you from farming, and probably denying your midlaner blue while he's at it.

I guess you could say that it's fine to give opponents advantages like this in most games, because most opponents don't exploit them well, but personally I don't feel like a strategy that relies upon the enemy to suck, rather than yourself to not suck, is a very good one.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that in a lot of games, when people have big advantages over their opponents, they just... do nothing with this advantage, like the previously hypothetical 6/0 darius who just sits in his lane and stares at his opponent during the laning phase. If he's intelligent, what he actually does with that advantage is wander into your jungle and take all your creeps away from you, preventing you from farming, and probably denying your midlaner blue while he's at it.

I guess you could say that it's fine to give opponents advantages like this in most games, because most opponents don't exploit them well, but personally I don't feel like a strategy that relies upon the enemy to suck, rather than yourself to not suck, is a very good one.
    I agree on this part. I've seen a lot of top players who get advantage and just sit there scaring away enemy top laner. Why don't you freaking go roam and your jungler will push back your lane when needed?

Crushing Blow [ Q ]

- Now reduces target’s armor by 10/15/20/25/30%, reduced from 30% at all ranks

Cyclone [ R ]

-AD ratio of damage-per-tick (each second) reduced from 1.2 of Total AD to 1.1.-
    -Ratio on total damage of Cyclone is now 4.4, down from 4.8

God damn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    You can't really compare shaco to yi, shaco is godlike early counterjungler and ganker who gets destroyed once real teamfights start, while yi is the opposite.
    Shaco not good in teamfight? O.o
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    @Simulacrum

Thing was i got a kill early and due to farm, i could buy a lizard elder on my first back. Also i was picking it into Wukong who is a weak pre 6 champ just like Yasuo. Also if i myself is counterjungling him, we would just be trading farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Also he requires good laners. So update. My 3rd game went as the other 2 should have i guess. We had a Ryze and Jayce, weak laners. We stacked lots of tears that game. Was not a good time to pick Yasuo.. Especially not in jungle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong
    Even though I was born blind (...)
    Oh the irony.

Vel'Koz support. So insanely fun!
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Vel'Koz support. So insanely fun!
    9-0 on vel'koz support so far this week. Finally completed my silver1-gold5 series thanks to it.

Still get accused of trolling when I pick him, though. I can see why he wouldn't work well in an organized setting, but in soloq he's a god in botlane, at least at these levels.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

9-0 on vel'koz support so far this week. Finally completed my silver1-gold5 series thanks to it.

Still get accused of trolling when I pick him, though. I can see why he wouldn't work well in an organized setting, but in soloq he's a god in botlane, at least at these levels.
    I've only played it twice so far, as I don't get a lot of opportunity to play SR. First time I was in a lane with a friend who isn't the best ADC. Second time I was with a random Ezreal, and when the Q's clicked with me, that was it. Their MF and Morgana were never above 50% hp for long, and everytime my ult was up it was a guaranteed kill. Sometimes I died, but my score was never negative after about 10 minutes.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Yes, shaco is one of arguably weakest champions for teamfights. That is why most people use him to splitpush

The team builder feature is orgasmic. If we can get that for ranked as well it will be epic. Instead of jack of all trades ppl will be able to focus on the role they find suitable and the overall level of the gameplay can only rise becaues of it.

- - - Updated - - -

No more mid or feed bs or my favourite who wants to play the adc ? Nobody.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, team builder, love it

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    who wants to play the adc ? Nobody.
    So.... hour long queues then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    If your trying to play mid or top I imagine the queues to be fairly long. Jungle and ADC are longer than normal but not as bad. Support is probably pretty much instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    And what's the alternative. Ppl salty about playing adc feeding enemy adc mains ... those games are really fun. Also I don't think it's that big of a deal at lvl 30 ... adc is one of the roles that is way harder while leveling compared to max level because of last hitting.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.