10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    I would argue last hitting in DotA alone makes it more micro & skill intensive. LoL is more team comp than anything, and I find once the typical farming lane is over & teamfights begin whoever can kill the carrys faster wins. Spells like Exhaust & Flash just make this job easier.

There's a reason why any former DotA player I played creamed me. They simply have superior micro skills & are better at MOBAs in general. I've heard of some former DotA players who now play LoL who will be sticking with LoL because its so much easier to do better.

opinions are opinions though
    LoL imo is much more tactical. DotA games were often about that Ursa getting a couple of kills and going on to trample the entire team.

There was no coming back from mistakes.

In LoL, I've had more times than I can count where my team managed to pull off a fast baron or kill a lone champ to turn the entire game around.

There are also a lot more interesting tricks you can do in LoL than you ever could in DotA, like jumping/teleporting to wards etc.

DotA had some engaging stuff too, but it was a mod to a larger game and it was limited by that.

LoL is a much more engaging game for me, the only downside being the mouthbreathers in the community which hinder actually good players, but you had your fair share of idiots in DotA too.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    They should remove flash and make towers weaker, especially in the damage they put out.
    What? Towers basically only hurt at early game. By mid-game they already go down faster then a Blegian whore, and you'll probably have someone who can tank em for quite some time.

edit: Belgian, because of waffles, beer and chocolate.
    Last edited by mmoc7722091d43; 2011-09-26 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Mm Phreak mentioned some kind of zone wide aura that tweaks champion stats. First time hearing of it. What's that all about?
    Taken from the lol wiki:

There is a constant aura on this map granting all champions adjusted stats:
    15% armor penetration.
    5% magic penetration.
    20% healing reduction. (this stacks additively with other healing reduction effects)
    mana regeneration bonus.
    A fixed experience gain over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    go down faster then a Russian whore
    I would avoid inserting nationality into phrases like that, if I were you.

As to towers and flash:

Towers are fine, they actually mean something unlike towers in DotA. It makes people think before rushing at others. If you made them weaker, many champs would just towerdive all day.

As to flash, I agree. When a spell becomes need-to-have on every champ in every situation, something is wrong.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Summoner Spells.
    Agreed. Chasing enemy MF through some woods, I'm at 95% she's at 25%. Follow her into some brush, expecting a juke, see her holding position instead EASY KILL, wait just kidding I'm exhausted, and now dead. Did maybe 3% of her health bar before she killed me from full.

Flash isn't as annoying as exhaust, it's just a get out of death free card.

As was stated, though, summoner spells are pretty much useless on dominion. The game is so fast that being able to exhaust someone for a kill really doesn't change anything, and the cooldown is so incredibly long you get to use it maybe once every 15 fights.

I also agree to towers being too weak in DotA. Played it with a friend the other day just for the nostalgia, had a two man tower dive as soon as they hit 6, unleashed hell on top of my tower and it did maybe 20% of their health before they killed me and were out of range again. No help =/

Deleted
    ---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 10:32 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Agreed. Chasing enemy MF through some woods, I'm at 95% she's at 25%. Follow her into some brush, expecting a juke, see her holding position instead EASY KILL, wait just kidding I'm exhausted, and now dead. Did maybe 3% of her health bar before she killed me from full.

Flash isn't as annoying as exhaust, it's just a get out of death free card.

As was stated, though, summoner spells are pretty much useless on dominion. The game is so fast that being able to exhaust someone for a kill really doesn't change anything, and the cooldown is so incredibly long you get to use it maybe once every 15 fights.
    This. On dominion you should pick ghost and something else (garrison is a good one) that might actually make a difference.
    Edit : sorry for the double post, MMO is going weird on me.

I also agree to towers being too weak in DotA. Played it with a friend the other day just for the nostalgia, had a two man tower dive as soon as they hit 6, unleashed hell on top of my tower and it did maybe 20% of their health before they killed me and were out of range again. No help =/
    nonono you are used to LoL towers now. DotA towers are fine, it is LoL towers being too strong, and because they are so strong it makes a more "passive" game.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    nonono you are used to LoL towers now. DotA towers are fine, it is LoL towers being too strong, and because they are so strong it makes a more "passive" game.
    Mm you realize you are saying "nononono" to a subjective opinion?

I agree with Lysah as to the towers. And I played DotA many many years more than LoL, so I'm pretty sure I can objectively compare what I like more.

You are free to have your opinion on the matter ofc.

Not at all. A carry like bloodseeker shouldn't be able to run past two towers at level 6 to get a kill.

Well, it's okay, I still smashed that game. One of the things I like about DotA over LoL, in DotA if you're good enough you really can carry a team to victory. In LoL, you just get exhausted and jumped on, then your team falls apart because you're dead.

I also played DotA since version 1.2, have recently quit because every single game has one of two outcomes for me. First, I win in a landslide farming kills in my lane from level 2 and end up 16-0, which isn't really all that fun anymore, or I lose because I have allies who are 0-9 and I actually get out carried, which isn't really all that fun anymore. I'll give DotA 2 a try if it has a ranking system so I can play actual games.

Mm you realize you are saying "nononono" to a subjective opinion?

I agree with Lysah as to the towers. And I played DotA many many years more than LoL, so I'm pretty sure I can objectively compare what I like more.

You are free to have your opinion on the matter ofc.
    It was "nonono" not "nononono"! You are free to edit your post though!

Also let's get back on topic now I'm out of silly now! :P

Not at all. A carry like bloodseeker shouldn't be able to run past two towers at level 6 to get a kill.

Well, it's okay, I still smashed that game. One of the things I like about DotA over LoL, in DotA if you're good enough you really can carry a team to victory. In LoL, you just get exhausted and jumped on, then your team falls apart because you're dead.
    I can see your point, but also do note you got tps in DotA and HoN. If the enemy can run past 2 towers and kill you your team pretty much failed.

You can carry a team to victory in DotA/HoN but you can also do that in LoL. You cannot however carry a fail team in either game. In both games they can feed the enemy so much that no matter how good you play you are going to lose either way.
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-09-26 at 10:48 AM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

I can see your point, but also do note you got tps in DotA and HoN. If the enemy can run past 2 towers and kill you your team pretty much failed.

You can carry a team to victory in DotA/HoN but you can also do that in LoL. You cannot however carry a fail team in either game. In both games they can feed the enemy so much that no matter how good you play you are going to lose either way.
    DotA has Black King Bar, and I'm pretty sure HoN has an item very similar. LoL does not, so you cannot carry a team the same way.

In DotA you can get powerful enough to utterly destroy entire teams by yourself, in LoL, even the fed carry needs at least one tank and a support and people to get in the way and die for him.

DotA has Black King Bar, and I'm pretty sure HoN has an item very similar. LoL does not, so you cannot carry a team the same way.

In DotA you can get powerful enough to utterly destroy entire teams by yourself, in LoL, even the fed carry needs at least one tank and a support and people to get in the way and die for him.
    You are right, do note that it loses it's power quite fast. after several uses it only lasts 5 seconds, how much damage do you wish to do within 5 seconds? :P (In HoN at least, I can't for the life of me remember if that was also the case in DotA)

Also in HoN there are spells that are superior magic, and physical damage is not blocked by bkb. When you have 5 people smashing you even without spells you are going to die either way.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Deleted
    Believe it or not, but not everything with a nationality in it is meant discriminating. You are waaaay to touchy when there's anything with Russian and some stereotype or something "bad" in the same sentence.

I'll edit it to a Belgian whore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ursa killing multiple people near the fountain and survivng says hi.

You can't do that in LoL.

Deleted
    Are you serious? Relax the PC, please
    Can't you even poke fun at general clichés anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Believe it or not, but not everything with a nationality in it is meant discriminating. You are waaaay to touchy when there's anything with Russian and some stereotype or something "bad" in the same sentence.

I'll edit it to a Belgian whore.
    I'm not really that touchy.

I just prefer to keep questions of nationality out of public discussions. It's not about Russians either, everything I said in that regard was 50-100% jokes. I'm not even Russian by nationality, even though it is my main language.

If you had said "cheap port district whore" I'd have done nothing but chuckle to myself.

Adding any nationality is simply distasteful, however humorous your intention might be.

At least that's my opinion.

You're free to post whatever you like, I didn't mean to threaten you or anything. I'm not a mod and I don't report people for jokes, no matter how much I dislike the joke in question.

Ursa killing multiple people near the fountain and survivng says hi.

You can't do that in LoL.
    That would mean you got fed a long time ago. Also comes back to the point that LoL towers (fountain is a tower in that sense!) are way too strong!

Besides tanking fountain in DotA/HoN is something that is "easily" achievable. (Remember King leoric killing the fountain?)
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    That would mean you got fed a long time ago. Also comes back to the point that LoL towers (fountain is a tower in that sense!) are way too strong!

Besides tanking fountain in DotA/HoN is something that is "easily" achievable. (Remember King leoric killing the fountain?)
    Well that's exactly what I dislike.

You have your take on the matter, I have mine.

You are right, do note that it loses it's power quite fast. after several uses it only lasts 5 seconds, how much damage do you wish to do within 5 seconds? :P

Also in HoN there are spells that are superior magic, and physical damage is not blocked by bkb. When you have 5 people smashing you even without spells you are going to die either way.
    Plenty of heroes can kill 2-4 enemies within a 5 second BKB. Off the top of my head I'll go with Lycan, Ursa, Drow, Clinkz, Sven, CK, Naix (who doesn't even need BKB for magic immunity), Leoric, SB, AM, Troll, BM, PA, SF, Luna. Most of the other carries don't even NEED spell immunity because they can just do so much ridiculous damage/CC/kiting that you're dead without a chance to fight back (viper, sniper, jugg, syllabear, SA, TA, weaver, void, NA are all good examples of DotA heroes who can destroy games solo without the need for an item like BKB).

LoL is all about grouping up. Time after time you can watch competitive games and the team that loses is the team that gets split up, even for a second. Individual skill and game knowledge doesn't really matter all that much, teamwork is all that really counts in the end. You can totally smash teams that are way stronger than yours if you just work together and exploit the first mistake someone on the enemy team makes. In DotA, if you try this, enemy Troll will come in under cover of Lothar's Edge and both of your ints will be dead before they have a chance to react, considering all of their spells can't be used on him. Already its 3v5, and he can easily take the strengths by himself with a bit of lifesteal, if not also the agility if he's outfarmed them. In LoL, the same troll would just get exhausted and focused down in less than a second. Even a tank can kill a carry late game in LoL, quite easily, too.

Deleted
    I've played Dota Classic (back in Warcraft 3 RoC), I've played the first dota all stars that went out. Over the next year or so, my friends and I focused mainly all classic with all stars being something of a joke between us since it was so unbalanced it wasn't entertaining.

Then classic was forgotten and we had to move on to all stars which started being "balanced". I still have nightmares of a juggernaught coming towards me at late game.

That said for the last couple of years i've played only casually between friends. I used to take ursa against 2 of my friends and they played the "dodge the panda" minigame :P

Moving over to LoL i can appreciate a couple of things:
    No denying. Yes, I could deny pretty well, no I wasn't a noob. However (in MY opinion) it was the most stupid mechanic ever. Yes it takes skill to do it, but it wasn't fun.

Build in teleport. No, facing certain heroes in dota that forced you to build boots of teleport as your first item, wasn't fun, will never be fun and in absolutely no way will I ever accept a different opinion on the subject.

Mages that scale. Woot? yes plz

Summoner spells were a nice addition imo. It added to the team tactics that is supposed to be a Moba game. However a lot of players coming straight from dota had the mentality of "take a good hero and solo the entire team, i'm so good, i'm so imba, i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo f*cking greaaaaaaaaaaaat" and when they went 1vs2 or 1vs3 with a yi and they got exhausted started crying about how "easy" lol is o.O You have a team, work with them.

On the subject of towers, being strong is necessary for certain champions. Weaken them and champions that have already problems at low levels (veigar for example) are no longer viable and open to getting slaughtered every time.