10+ Year Old Account
    Manamune & Sheen were my first buys when I played Blitz. You aren't traditional support like Soraka or Sona in the terms of healing, buffing team, etc. Blitz is more of a initiator/disruptor support that can put out some decent damage. Carry getting assaulted? Knock him up, buy time for him to escape then help kill target. After Manamune & Sheen you have all the damage you need, then I grab Frozen Heart for mana, armor, and passive.

Last time I played Blitz was a month or two ago, before new masteries and all that, so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grab + Knockup is plenty for a carry to get a kill. Might grab sheen as it's pretty cheap, but don't see the point in getting Manamune. By the time that's worthwhile, you're so late in the game it's essentially pointless.

//edit: sidenote, think I did grab a Sheen, depending on how the game went. TF is a good one for the last slot anyway.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-01-03 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Grab + Knockup is plenty for a carry to get a kill. Might grab sheen as it's pretty cheap, but don't see the point in getting Manamune. By the time that's worthwhile, you're so late in the game it's essentially pointless.

//edit: sidenote, think I did grab a Sheen, depending on how the game went. TF a good one for the last slot anyway.
    I'm talking more about during the teamfight, not the initiation. I.E. an Akali just jumped onto your Graves and is beating his face in. Overdrive into him and knock him up, buying time for Graves to gain some distance and the team to react.

Manamune will be worthwhile around midgame. The Mana build up on Manamune might take a while, but its other passive, "2% of your maximum mana is converted to attack damage," will compliment the other items Blitz usually grabs like Frozen Heart & Banshees Veil to beef up his passive.

Those two give you all the damage you really need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but I don't see the point in building Blitz for damage really. He's disruptive as is with his grabs, knock up and silence. I just prefer a slightly more traditional support/tanky route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but I don't see the point in building Blitz for damage really. He's disruptive as is with his grabs, knock up and silence. I just prefer a slightly more traditional support/tanky route.
    It's just preference.

I just found after your Merc treads, Shurelias, Frozen heart, and banshees, then what? You're not a tank (No taunt, no Armor/MResist abilities), so no point building full defense and support. Once you have the support & core items I need I just opt to build for damage then. Found it worked well and swapped the order. You still have the disruption & initiation early game that Blitz is designed for, and the added damage makes a pretty significant impact before everyone is starting to flesh out their builds.

I have a question about PS + HoG. I see a lot of builds say to get them early on a support but I'm confused. The passive says it is unique so what is the point of getting them both? Am I missing something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Manamune just makes sense on Blitz because of the stacking mana which makes him more tanky via his passive. The item is so inexpensive and allows you to obtain your extra 1000 mana faster because you can increase it w/ spells AND auto attacks.

My typical Blitzcrank build (was a "main" for me at one time, play him frequently still):

Early: Philo / HoG (gotta get the GP/5 going because let's face it, you're the ward bitch)

Early/Mid: Merc treads, Manamune, Shurelya's

**You should have your extra 1000 mana no more than 8 minutes after Manamune's completion, which is another 500 damage that shield will absorb.**

Mid/Late: Merc Treads, Manamune, Shurelya's, Aegis, Sheen
    - You've got your support-ish stuff, a little damage for your auto attacks, its a really nice blend.

Late: Frozen heart, Tri-Force (TF almost never happens)

I hardly ever get a Banshee's Veil on Blitz. Let's face it, your biggest late game threat is the AD carry. You have plenty of MR through the merc treads, Aegis, and magic resist per level runes. Your ulti is an AoE silence...their AP carry is not a worry. You get CDR capped w/ the Frozen Heart, who doesn't want to grab/knockup/overdrive more often?

Good luck, Blitz is a very entertaining support to play. Your team needs to play around your grab ability and thus...you need to make those grabs count.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Manamune & Sheen were my first buys when I played Blitz. You aren't traditional support like Soraka or Sona in the terms of healing, buffing team, etc. Blitz is more of a initiator/disruptor support that can put out some decent damage. Carry getting assaulted? Knock him up, buy time for him to escape then help kill target. After Manamune & Sheen you have all the damage you need, then I grab Frozen Heart for mana, armor, and passive.

Last time I played Blitz was a month or two ago, before new masteries and all that, so who knows.
    You dont need Manamune. If you got sheen anyways you might just as well basically finish your Triforce rather than go Manamune.
    Or then get Frozen Heart, either way its more beneficial than manamune for your team <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    I have a question about PS + HoG. I see a lot of builds say to get them early on a support but I'm confused. The passive says it is unique so what is the point of getting them both? Am I missing something?
    It's unique to the item.

Had a fun game with Lux

It's unique to the item.
    Interesting. I did not understand it that way and the person who got me into the game apparently did not either.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Sometimes you just want to punch people through their screens.
    It's worse in DotA2, let me tell you. Pick carry because no one else did, mid feeds, top feeds and support doesn't ward so NS ganks you bot three times. After 40 minutes their mid carry is 1v5ing and they're screaming at you for failing to do your job and carry.

Remember kids, it's totally possible to outplay a 15-38 deficit.

Everyone always has someone else to blame, in every game. Just keep in mind, the worst players usually scream the loudest.

Had a game last night where we had a bad Ashe feed Ahri with 6 deaths before mid game. Then our Ashe complained that he was behind because we were KSing his kills. Yet he built like a Banshee & 2 Doran Blades in addition to dying 5 more times before the end of game.

Our Graves had about 20 kills and I was at 14-18 or so assists (Sona) and our Teemo had about 7 kills of his own. 1 bad feeder can ruin a team and there isn't much one can do about it. Nature of the game, nature of PUGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It's worse in DotA2, let me tell you. Pick carry because no one else did, mid feeds, top feeds and support doesn't ward so NS ganks you bot three times. After 40 minutes their mid carry is 1v5ing and they're screaming at you for failing to do your job and carry.

Everyone always has someone else to blame, in every game. Just keep in mind, the worst players usually scream the loudest.
    Totally Awesome

I always thought the worst players are the ones who rage the loudest. Wasn't this common sense?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Yeah too bad I can't be there to carry you.

Completed a game this morning and expected to hit 20.

Loading screen

2 exp away from 20.

/nerd rage.

Deleted
    So a Trynd vs Irelia top, wtf do I do as Trynd? You think my damage would be higher with maximum rage, however from level 4 or so she can basically nuke you down to 20% hp and don't get a scratch herself. Then there's the constant CC, the constant healing, and well, things like that.

Don't be afraid to use Mocking Shout in a different way - remember it reduces a LOT of AD. If you're being outlaned then simply farm up creeps just out of range of your tower and use Bloodlust to heal yourself. If you really need it, use pots. If you're getting hit by her while farming creeps, just E back into turret range. Get some lifesteal (Wriggle's works wonders; so does Bloodthirster but that's a tad expensive early game).

Deleted
    Well Mocking Shout, which I max 2nd, didn't seem to help much against her damage. Staying alive wasn't necessarily the problem, and I could farm quite well. Problem was that I couldn't really do anything to her, so for all she cared, she just had free farm all the way and if I was so stupid to commit she would just instagib me and be back to full health 4 seconds later anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yeah too bad I can't be there to carry you.
    We already tried you playing DotA once...you were about as good as my DotA friend is at LoL.