Deleted
    So, after a handful of games, I've taken a liking to Cho'Gath, & bought 'Poppy' - any pointers?

Cho'Gath seems to require leveling, then hes a bit of a monster, & Poppy can unload a ridiculous amount of harm quickly.

also, I understand 'Lanes' & 'Ganking' but whats 'Jungling'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Nidalee is stupidly hard to last hit with.

--

@Girouette: Rushing Philo Stone can really help Poppy's poor early game. Ignite gets boosted by her R. W can give you a silly amount of damage reduction in lane compared to some other champs.

Jungling is what you probably guessed: roaming around the jungle, killing neutral creeps. This gives additional XP and income to the team and additionally makes for better map coverage through wards and potential ganks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Man, Nidalee is stupidly hard to last hit with.

--

@Girouette: Rushing Philo Stone can really help Poppy's poor early game. Ignite gets boosted by her R. W can give you a silly amount of damage reduction in lane compared to some other champs.

Jungling is what you probably guessed: roaming around the jungle, killing neutral creeps. This gives additional XP and income to the team and additionally makes for better map coverage through wards and potential ganks.
    Thought so, came across a couple of golems, seemed to hit hard & take little damage, also, some giant worm thing with teeth. decided to stay in my lane, & kept getting asshats stealing my kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    $

Taking cleanse for malz (or any other suppression = ww, urgot) is like the worst possible advice because it will do nothing when he ults you. The only way to get out of suppressions is QSS.
    My bad. I thought I read somewhere that cleanse removed suppression. I've never used it because I don't play champs where it's worth taking over another summoner spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    kept getting asshats stealing my kills.
    No. Forget this. You are not playing TF2 or Counter Strike. 2 people on your team getting money is better than 1 person on your team getting money. The only exception would be if people are purposefully stealing kills from your AD carry, but at the level you're currently playing at, even that is largely irrelevant.

You do not win this game by going 87/0/0. You win this game by destroying the opponent's Nexus and the sooner you realise that, the better you'll be for it.

Deleted
    No. Forget this. You are not playing TF2 or Counter Strike. 2 people on your team getting money is better than 1 person on your team getting money. The only exception would be if people are purposefully stealing kills from your AD carry, but at the level you're currently playing at, even that is largely irrelevant.

You do not win this game by going 87/0/0. You win this game by destroying the opponent's Nexus and the sooner you realise that, the better you'll be for it.
    Oh don't get me wrong, there's on 'i' in 'team' but by the same token, the same guy hanging back while I do my job only to mop up the exp & gold is infuriating. I was around 2 levels behind at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still got exp and gold. The only thing that changes is that now *he* did too.

//edit: whilst there may be no 'I' in team, there is no team without me.

Deleted

To an extent, and it's something I try and explain to people in games where i'm the AD carry, especially to Junglers.

An AD carry with 4/0/0 is going to hit much harder than one that is 0/0/4, and a fed carry is going to be more important late game than a jungler or, god forbid, the support!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    To an extent, and it's something I try and explain to people in games where i'm the AD carry, especially to Junglers.

An AD carry with 4/0/0 is going to hit much harder than one that is 0/0/4, and a fed carry is going to be more important late game than a jungler or, god forbid, the support!
    This is true.

However, my main role is support for our organized 5s team. I am sometimes guilty of taking the AD's kill in those heat-of-the-moment situations where you're making damn sure that guy is dying (ie: playing as Sona and just barely landing a kill on a fleeing enemy that looks like hes about to make it). We've lost too many opportunities for me not to play on the aggressive side of the game.

Yes, sometimes I earn the title of "Support Carry" and get razzed hardcore over mumble. A small price to pay.

I'd say about half of our engages I can tell with utmost certainty that our AD is going to survive and they're going to die. Only then do I back off.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realise that even 0/0/4 means you're well on your way to winning your lane, which also means you shut down the opposing team's AD.

It's not optimal, but it far from horrid.

Deleted
    Starting to enjoy it more & more, when I get a 6-stack of the buff from Cho'Gaths 'feast' ult, lvl 18, with the right mix of gear, hes a BEAST!

Deleted
    I've seen a support Lux snipe kills with her ultimate, secured kills, and going AP. Now that was a waste of gold for our carries...

Deleted
    Udyr free week? This is relevant to my interests.

On the other hand it's Vayne free week so there are going to be crappy instalock Vaynes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Udyr free week? This is relevant to my interests.

On the other hand it's Vayne free week so there are going to be crappy instalock Vaynes everywhere.
    The Brands and Hecarims are the most terrifying for me so far, so many Hecarim junglers in my games. Fun to play against when I'm jungling tho, usually when I'm lvl 6 on Skarner they're lvl 4, lol.

Deleted
    Also I'm incredibly mad that Northern Front Swain is on sale.

I just got that last week...

Deleted
    It feels that this is the right moment to share this link with fellow LoL gamers...

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...36267_460s.jpg

I was playing LoL (ofc) and my friends had been talking in skype (chat room, all in together) and I didnt know they were talking to me so one of them sends me a text "answer fag" and he had asked "want to go out for smoke?" You couldnt send it in text? I had to alt tab out just to read this? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by GrimC View Post
    It feels that this is the right moment to share this link with fellow LoL gamers...

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...36267_460s.jpg

I was playing LoL (ofc) and my friends had been talking in skype (chat room, all in together) and I didnt know they were talking to me so one of them sends me a text "answer fag" and he had asked "want to go out for smoke?" You couldnt send it in text? I had to alt tab out just to read this? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
    lol +1

dunno about you, but with a headset on, the incoming call noise from skype is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUD. doing a 5v5 teamfight for baron and you're getting a call is just downright annoying lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, new trailer for the season 2 championships. Not going to lie, looks awesome.

Yea, got me hyped up!

Why do I not see DOTA2 adverts of that type or much DOTA2 stuff at all? I browse Reddit all the time and it's pretty lite DOTA wise. I'd like to see more MOBA action after getting interested this past summer. Heck, why don't I see more MOBA E-sport stuff in general? Wither HON or SoIS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, got me hyped up!

Why do I not see DOTA2 adverts of that type or much DOTA2 stuff at all? I browse Reddit all the time and it's pretty lite DOTA wise. I'd like to see more MOBA action after getting interested this past summer. Heck, why don't I see more MOBA E-sport stuff in general? Wither HON or SoIS?
    HoN is dying competitive wise. SotIS will never take off, it's a gimmick locked inside of SC2. DotA2 is still closed beta and not that close to release (36 or so heroes left), so they're focusing more within the community they already have (Plenty of tourny's going on, joindota.com is amazing). Once they reach near the 2nd Invitational, expect a massive upswing in promotion.