Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I love jungle Maokai. Start Wraiths. Drop two trees starting at 1:05, drop a third when they spawn and one hit the big wraith. Move to blue. If you have a patient mid laner they can leash, your only like a sec or two after the spawn. You dont need the leash though and you can throw a tree over the wall as your walking up.I normally use the health pot after second wraiths and before small golems. You should be regening fast enough that you have enough health for red once golems are dead. Then I gank or clear wraiths again and B.

Runes are AS marks, armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, and MS quints. 0/21/9 masteries.

Does the AS reds really works well on maokai? Cause his AS is just so pathetic, that i'm thinking it won't make much of a difference. I'm thinking of using MagicPen reds though, to make his skills more potent, and ganks especially.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    They're still worse than a lot of other teams right now. Dyrus played like shit, Chaos gets random derp moments at the worst times, and regi still makes aggressive mistakes. They pushed turrets, got a substantial gold lead, and didn't do jack shit with it. When it comes to communication, team fighting, and organization, they're a step behind easily.
    Actually i noticed, most solo tops when up against Darien, is made to look quite subpar.

Deleted
    Does the AS reds really works well on maokai? Cause his AS is just so pathetic, that i'm thinking it won't make much of a difference. I'm thinking of using MagicPen reds though, to make his skills more potent, and ganks especially.
    AS marks are probably the best jungler marks. They speed up your attack animation considerably and just makes you clear your jungle faster. They're also good for mid/late-game teamfights where they will proc your passive more.

Maokai is like most top tier junglers imo, you get your first blue and that should be enough for your initial route at which point you should be able to buy a philo stone which will help a lot. Doesn't mean you'll never be oom, but it should be enough for a good jungle.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me where my brain fails?

I was watching TSM vs CLG.eu the third game, reginald died mid and had 40 creeps, he went back and bought ruby crystal, sapphire crystal and 2 wards, which makes 400 + 475 + 150g = 1025g, but with 40 creeps he cant have that much (melee creeps 23g and caster creeps 17g), he had blue which makes 70g more but it still doesn't add up, what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Can anyone tell me where my brain fails?

I was watching TSM vs CLG.eu the third game, reginald died mid and had 40 creeps, he went back and bought ruby crystal, sapphire crystal and 2 wards, which makes 400 + 475 + 150g = 1025g, but with 40 creeps he cant have that much (melee creeps 23g and caster creeps 17g), he had blue which makes 70g more but it still doesn't add up, what am I missing?

All champions get some gold over time passively. Otherwise support champs wouldn't be able to buy anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    All champions get some gold over time passively. Otherwise support champs wouldn't be able to buy anything.
    Yeah I'm stupid -.-
    Over 1k games and I forget sth like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if he started boots + pots he had some leftover gold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Not that anyone really cares, but after 5 very terrible games, I uninstalled after a year of playing. People are just some of the worse people I have ever dealt with and I work in pizza delivery.
    Yeah, this was the exact same reason I quit. The game itself is a lot of fun. But the community has turned to crap. It was always pretty bad, but it got a lot worse.

Deleted
    So am I really the only 1 who doesn't instantly type the role he wants, rather just picks a champ? I mean in nearly all cases you KNOW what lane this champ will take anyway.

So I pick Kayle, about 10 seconds later some tard picks Irelia, instalocks and types "Top!" at which point I'm like "Dude .. Do I REALLY have to type it?"

At which point my ENTIRE team told me Kayle can only support (because it's in Riot's description and because I have a Heal). So I was like "well fuck it, I'm Kayle anyway" and basically went solo bot because we had a useless roaming twitch who occasionally came steal my CS or feed my lane.

Problem is, these are the people who act as if they are beyond pro and know everything about the game etc, while in reality they are by far the most clueless people I've ever seen.

Of course we lost the game after our instalocking Glaio mid, and instalocking Irelia fed their Lee Sin top and Teemo mid. And me as Kayle, beign shouted at for pickign kayle, being shouted at for wanting a solo lane, being shouted at for going pure AD, being shouted at for shouting, ends up with the only good score in our entire team. At which point the enemy team is like "Well played Kayle, to bad with that team Kayle, at least Kayle knows her champ, etc."

And this is one a daily basis. I almost understand why some gamers go mental and shoot someone in the face ... with a rocket launcher. Thank god I'm a person who can put everything in perspective, and generally laugh my ass off instead of going mental behind my comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than them being stupid, Kayle is a bad example. She can jungle, go top and bot and I suppose even go mid against some champs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Other than them being stupid, Kayle is a bad example. She can jungle, go top and bot and I suppose even go mid against some champs.
    Perhaps, but I hate this mentality that people HAVE to type the role the nanosecond you enter champ select and isntantly pick the champ. Like it's a race or something. I can pick Ahri with Ignite/Flash and 20 seconds later someone picks brand, types mid, and instalocks. Telling everyone he said it first. Apparently saying your role is mandatory to play this game. It's hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Perhaps, but I hate this mentality that people HAVE to type the role the nanosecond you enter champ select and isntantly pick the champ. Like it's a race or something. I can pick Ahri with Ignite/Flash and 20 seconds later someone picks brand, types mid, and instalocks. Telling everyone he said it first. Apparently saying your role is mandatory to play this game. It's hilarious.
    Well in blindpick you can't expect them to know where you want to go with a champ who can go either top or bot..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Well in blindpick you can't expect them to know where you want to go with a champ who can go either top or bot..
    There's these things called communication. Alas it's non existent except for flaming, calling names or demanding lanes. If people would have a slight clue and communicate a bit, you would have fuckloads more chance of actually winning the game. If Riot didn't disallow leaving in champ select, I would quit most matches before they begin really.

Deleted
    You complain that there is no communication, but you don't want to write what lane you want because you expect people to know?

Pretty exciting CLG EU match right now. http://www.solomid.net/

Deleted
    In regards to the tournaments which have been on this weekend, does anyone think that Reginald seems to be making a lot more mistakes than usual? He just doesn't seem to be playing as well as I have seen him play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    In regards to the tournaments which have been on this weekend, does anyone think that Reginald seems to be making a lot more mistakes than usual? He just doesn't seem to be playing as well as I have seen him play
    He had a pretty long break, just needs to get back to his normal level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't bother calling roles in Blind anymore. I just pick a champ, and if I really don't want to play something else I lock in. Too many times have I lost games because of insta-lockers that I just don't care anymre, and I would rather play something I'm good at and carry their fail asses.

And speaking of carrying a team. I was Irelia top against a Hecarim. This guy was so bad. I would just bait him to attack me, then stun and hit him a bunch of times and deny his creep farm. He is lucky my jungler was terrible and would just run in with no ping while I'm out of range for even a bladesurge, because I probably would have had 10-11 kills and the tower down. It was so funny, he was outplayed so bad the Lee Sin jungler had to babysit top. Ofcourse, it was a little to late at that point, he waited until he was beyond fed with 10 kills before going top at all, So I already had a few kills and was wicked farmed. After the third gank, I said fuck it and decided to help the losing lanes. Team fight in mid, we aced them, and I was putting out so much damage that my team was just there for cleanup and protection. We push mid to the inhib before going back and see the enemy team going for Baron after they respawn. (One good quality of the jungler, he carried wards) We meet them at Baron, I steal it with Irelia's ult, then almost Ace them again. Either Varus somehow got away, or he wasn't ever there. Then we just push for GG. Such a good game. My friend was spectating and he was amazed I pulled it off, because this Lee Sin was so fed. We were lucky he wasn't that good because he probably could have 1v5 my whole team, or atleast 1v4 because I probably could have killed him if he didn't focus me first.

Regi is too aggressive in tourneys sometimes. I get that is his playstyle but like last night he was playing Katarina and getting crushed in solo queue. That type of play won't fly when you are against teams that will exploit a tiny mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    There's these things called communication.
    You are complaining about lack of communication because you don't want to communicate? O.o wait whut?
    Just call your role, like Duillath said, certain champs have multiple roles, people in normal queues aren't gonna assume your desired roles. How can they? The only role they can assume is jungle and that's because of smite.

Is it really that much effort to type top,mid,bot + enter? it's 4 characters in total. You don't HAVE to say jungle because of smite. It just generally helps everyone including yourself to mention what lane you are going.
    I mean hell I once went with a duo queue olaf and brand bot. They called it and instalocked. We won, it was unconventional and it was a normal game.

Oh, what a mistake to turn on phoenix! Frogurt could have had a Double with Bear->Tiger->Turtle->Tiger. Great escape by Nyph