10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I didn't realize I had turned off log-in screen music, but turned it on to hear this, and I agree. Dunno if I've missed any good ones since I turned it off though, kinda wish I hadn't now if they were like that.

And hnng, damn you doctor appointments, wanna spend the rest of this week farming IP for Ahri(1805 away).
    you didn't really miss any other stand out ones. Some of them have been good, but not this good. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazingly enough, it's actually sung by one of their particle artists.

//edit: Saiyaka apparently.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-08-07 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    What are your thoughts on Nunu recently peeps?
    Jungle Nunu is awesome and really annoying for the enemy jungler. Both jungles are your jungle and his ganks aren't that bad with his E.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    I just recently picked up Blitzcrank. He is pretty amazing.

Although I have a question about him being support. When you buy your starting items on him do you go the normal Fairy Charm, 2 sight ward, 1 Vision Ward, 1 healing potion or do you go 2 sight wards and boots?
    I go Fairy Charm, 3 sight, and 3 pots or fairy charm, 2 sight, 1 vision, 2 pots on all my supports, but I also go 1/3/26 masteries on all of them too so I have the extra gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I learned a valuable lesson today. Diana gets rofled by the jungle when you try to use full AP runes/masteries. Starting with 20 armor went... poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of using some funds for 2600 RP for rune pages. Would that be the smartest thing to do gameplay wise when using RP? I really just can't be asked to get rune pages via IP, they are so expensive if not over-priced.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Well, I learned a valuable lesson today. Diana gets rofled by the jungle when you try to use full AP runes/masteries. Starting with 20 armor went... poorly.
    How was being called noob and l2p for you?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I used close to full AP runes and masteries and had no problem clearing. Just had the necessary masteries from the Def tree, and AS marks instead of MPen.

I'm thinking of using some funds for 2600 RP for rune pages. Would that be the smartest thing to do gameplay wise when using RP? I really just can't be asked to get rune pages via IP, they are so expensive if not over-priced.
    The 7 page bundle is most certainly worth it. I use all, but most people don't so you have a few extra incase you pick up a champ that needs their own rune page (Diana jungle and Akali for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The 7 page bundle is most certainly worth it. I use all, but most people don't so you have a few extra incase you pick up a champ that needs their own rune page (Diana jungle and Akali for example).
    What about a hybrid page?
    Hey everyone

Riot have posted Diana's theme song on SoundCloud for listening/downloading.
    http://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegend...d-dianas-theme

All the previous themes will be uploaded to that channel later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    How was being called noob and l2p for you?
    Bot games my friend. I always try new champions in a custom or bot game first before I play them.

I used close to full AP runes and masteries and had no problem clearing. Just had the necessary masteries from the Def tree, and AS marks instead of MPen.
    Ya.. I had no AS reds, and no defensive anything. So it went very poorly. It had been a long time since blue buff killed me lol.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2012-08-07 at 07:17 PM.

Have been on a Diana marathon for the last 9 hours or so.

If you're just picking her up and intend on laning; Nashor's Tooth is an item I'd strongly recommend early on.

The individual components are cheap, which makes it naturally great to build if you need to go back early as you can pick up a single piece at a time if you're on a dry run. Also, her early game is very mana intensive, so Nashor's Tooth is a great excuse to pick up a Meki Pendant on your first visit back.

The over-all stats of the item are ideal, and has so far seem worth keeping in the end-game build.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized you can buy a transfer to Brazil if you are on the NA server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id probably play Akali more if I had a good rune page for her, hell, would love one for half my champions. Don't wanna spend about $20 or so on it though, not till I get more cash.

Hmm, apparently they renamed Lux's ult to Infinite Light, the other one sounded cooler.

So Diana...

Easily my favorite jungler to date. Just went 22-3-2 on her first time in the jungle (would post a picture but sadly, I don't have enough posts yet). Her early clears are a lot like Naut's in the sense that they take little while but once you get a Kage's or Hextech, your shield can easily decimate a camp with your passive. My build went for RoA into Abyssal for early game items. Then I went Void to Deathcap finishing it out with a Rylais. Finished that game with ~700 AP with pots and still rather tanky.

I went with the boot+3pots start for jungling and it was amazing. Didn't even get a leash for blue and still finished with barely losing any health. Started with her shield first and get it to rank 2 before maxing Q. Your ganks are so powerful with just one point into your pull that its easily enough to force a flash or score a kill if you have red buff too.

Most of her damage comes from her passive, and it works on towers too, albeit a like 1/4 of the damage to minions. She can push towers down so easily and if you position well, you can get your Q to hit most of the minion waves coming at you. Her ultimate is ridiculously awesome. The speed at which you can get to the AD carry if you get a good Q is boarder line OP. Her shield is ridiculous as well. Getting into the middle of the enemy team as with it up as they focus you and you pop all your orbs gives your team so much time that I think she could build tanky like Cho, but I'll have to test that. Thinking about getting a GA with her since her cooldowns are all pretty short and your shield would be up even if you got exploded.

All in all, I do believe that she is going to get a nerf with the next patch. Her passive just too much damage to everyone when grouped in a teamfight and it would cause too much disruption if they actively spread out to avoid it. Next game up with her I am going to try lane AS/AP build and see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by malfecient View Post
    SNIP
    How'd you build her? I tried her out on bots in the jungle before going into a game and was put down to 40% or so after wolves and blue.

Used attack speed marks, armor seals, magi glyphs and movement speed quints with a typical jungle mastery set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I didn't realize I had turned off log-in screen music, but turned it on to hear this, and I agree. Dunno if I've missed any good ones since I turned it off though, kinda wish I hadn't now if they were like that.

And hnng, damn you doctor appointments, wanna spend the rest of this week farming IP for Ahri(1805 away).
    Oh the humanity! Youtube now preserves everything that was deemed worthy anyway so that's no problem :d.

Grinding IP for Ahri was so fun - basically she was out second week after I started ( mainly because by that time Riot promised CB mode, so I could actually pay attention to the game and not staring on screen trying to know which healthbar over minions correspond to enemy :d), I was so much like "I want this! Plays like action game!", I had no clue what to play when she was out of free so I kinda moved to supports only to never ever recover from that :<.
    Don't regret that though, playing duo is much more fun than solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my games with Diana have been pretty good today. I've only done two normals with her so far, but I won them both. First one was 7-7-16, with Merc Treads, Nasar's tooth, Rylais, Abyssal, philo stone and I was going for Zhonyas. I was trying to do a more AS oriented build and try to do as much damage as possible with her passive, but I kinda built a bunch or random items. I ended up pretty tanky, and I could do a lot of damage, but it didn't feel right.

Second game was 10-3-13 with magic pen boots, Rylais, WoA, philo stone and Deathcap. When I played her more as a burst assassin it went a lot better. Maybe because i'm more used to that playstyle than I am as the AS one. Though my AS build was rather meh. Both times I was jungling, and started boots x3.

When you start wolves blue, you will take a bit of damage from wolves and a bit from blue, but you don't really get hurt much. Her clear is quite fast, and her ganking power is pretty good. She can also recover from being counter jungled fairly easily too. The second game they invaded our red and took it and picked up first blood on our support. They also took my wraiths. It was looking bad, but I finished off the minions so the camps would respawn and went straight for their red and took it without being contested. Now had they had a really good jungler he probably would have been able to kill me at his red, since that would be the logical thing for me to try to do, but they didn't bother me and I was able to come in top from behind and we picked up an easy kill. Her ganks are a little awkward before 6, but they still have great damage. I wouldn't really recommend ganking with her until you have all three skills, unless there is just an obvious opening for you to take.

I haven't played her in lane yet, but I've seen several do it. It seems to do ok, but they've lost to the tankier people. Had one top fight a darius, then the next game the one top fought a hecarim. The second game I camped top, so I can't really say if it was a close matchup, but the first game was pretty even. Darius could kill her with his full combo pretty easily, but she could burst him almost as fast. I think she does better in the jungle than in the lane though. And the advantage of having her in the jungle is that you can run something else mid. For example Talon. I really love playing him mid, but it required having certain aps play top or you having a fiddle. So it's nice that there is now another ap jungler.

I think her damage is rather high right now. Her passive does almost nothing in the early game, then starts cleaving for upwards of 600-700 damage in the late game. It does not work like master yi's passive though. After three seconds the timer resets and you have auto three more times, so you can't get two charges, then go to gank and just burst someone dead. Her Q does a lot of damage too. It's sort of weird to aim, but it just takes some time to get used to. It has a slight delay and is sort of a slow skill shot. So if they see you casting it, they can dodge it if they are paying attention. Her E is very good. It's like an AoE apprehend that doesn't go as far and has a small slow. Nothing much to note on it. Her ult is very nice though. It felt a lot like shumpo, just not quite as instant. When you use it on someone that has moonlight on them, it has a small reset timer before you can use it again. It's very short, but you can't just double tap it and hit twice. It does good damage, and has some really good displacement.

For building her in the jungle, I went Boots x3, philo to start. The first game I went for nasar's tooth after that. It worked pretty well, but I didn't really commit to the AS so it was sort of meh. The CDR you get from it is wonderful though. CDR is really good on her.

The second game was boots x3, philo stone, amp tome, giants belt, sorc shoes, rylais, death cap, WoA, and then we won. I was going to go for either a Zhoyna's or a GA after that. Her cd's are short enough that they might all be back up after you die.

So overall, she felt like a really strong champion. If anything gets nerfed I think it will be her passive or her Q. They both do a little too much damage. I'm going to have to try an AS build with Nasar's tooth and Malady to see how it goes. If you could just stick to them, I think it would do a lot more damage than the more bursty AP, but your front loaded burst is hampered a bit. So that's my two cents on her right now. I haven't had too many games on her yet, so it may change, but she felt very solid.

edit: >.> well that was a wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    How'd you build her? I tried her out on bots in the jungle before going into a game and was put down to 40% or so after wolves and blue.

Used attack speed marks, armor seals, magi glyphs and movement speed quints with a typical jungle mastery set.
    Started with boots+3pots and went into RoA cause I got a double kill up top when I counter ganked.
    Runes were AS reds, flat armor yellows, CD/lvl blues and flat AP quits.

I feel like the AS reds are needed in the jungle because your passive is what clears the camps while still giving you enough mana to gank.

So while everyone seems to be enjoying Diana (I want her soooo much T---T) I've been determined to master orianna and so far in normals I am doing very well with her and she is currently one of my favorite AP champs to date. I initially thought that she was far too weak until I was watching scarra practice her and he described her as similar to a dota champ with her passive(her auto attacks do bonus damage based on her AP and increase in damage with each consecutive attack up to three times). Up until that time I played her like I do most AP's, use your spells for damage and auto attacks when necessary(and for last hitting creeps obviously). When you play orianna, especially in the early stages getting two autoattacks in a row on an enemy is an incredible amount of harass and careful positioning of the ball can to an extent push your opponent out of the lane. You then couple that with her incredible utility and a teamfight changing ult and you get an amazing champion that honestly deserves a lot more play.

The only flaw I think she really has is that she has a very high skillcap to pull off correctly in comparison to other AP's.

Anyways yeah she deserves a lot of love and is on my list to buy a skin for her, most likely it will be bladecraft.
    Last edited by Anthoren; 2012-08-08 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Boots/Pots -> HoG/Philo -> Phage/Wit's End (get both, the order you get them is dependent on matchup) -> Finish Tri -> Randuins -> More MR.

She's weak tilll 9, so gp10 until then. Once you hit 9 and have a Phage/Wit's End, you can pretty much 1v1 anyone in lane.

Frozen Mallet/Atmas and Warmogs/Atmas are overrated. Much rather grab a Randuins.
    Don't you think she feels a little squishy with this built? People count on you to be tank or off-tank as Irelia and except you to have lots of health. Now I disagree with going full health items or even half items being health items, going Tri/Ran then going Tri/Mallet, feels a bit squishy to me.

According to your item setup, it looks like forth item should be guardians or FoN. What would you go after that? Shurelia looks to be the fifth, or would you get something else and keep that one as the last item?

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 05:55 AM ----------

It would be very smart to get the rune pages bundle. The game requires you to play five roles and you need to have runes pages for all five roles. There are some champions that need their own rune pages, so the entire 9 rune pages in total (2 free + 7 you bought) will be put to good use. It will make your champion selection much more flexible and over improve your game play a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Don't you think she feels a little squishy with this built? People count on you to be tank or off-tank as Irelia and except you to have lots of health. Now I disagree with going full health items or even half items being health items, going Tri/Ran then going Tri/Mallet, feels a bit squishy to me.

According to your item setup, it looks like forth item should be guardians or FoN. What would you go after that? Shurelia looks to be the fifth, or would you get something else and keep that one as the last item?

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 05:55 AM ----------

It would be very smart to get the rune pages bundle. The game requires you to play five roles and you need to have runes pages for all five roles. There are some champions that need their own rune pages, so the entire 9 rune pages in total (2 free + 7 you bought) will be put to good use. It will make your champion selection much more flexible and over improve your game play a lot.
    She will shred anyone 1v1 in lane, and her damage on squishys is going to be deadly as fuck. You should be getting these before the whole "roam for objectives and start teamfighting" begins. She's already pretty innately tanky, getting a Tri along with a Wit's End is all the damage you need. GA is a good choice. GA, Wit's End, and a Randuins is a shit ton of survivability. Other than that, depends on what the game dictates.