Deleted
    Heh, didn't expected people to actually read that long post of mine. Thanks for the suggestions!

Leaving my comfort zone to play other roles is indeed a very good suggestion because that way I extend my comfort zone. I guess that if I'm sucking and people are flaming me for that I should just hit that ignore button and not let their comments get to me. If not mid, I like to play top first, jungle second and AD carry third. I don't like support very much, I don't do bad as support but it's just boring.

@Boomcats: No, no ELO hell, I know there's hidden ELO for normal games but afaik that doesn't make as much difference as it does with ranked games. I'm playing normal games and don't expect to hit ranked till S4 at earliest. Learning a champ or two for every role is what I should definitely do, and preferably champs that can be played mid. I was thinking for top to be Kennen/Vladimir, since they're viable up top and mid. For jungle I'm already good with Nocturne, was thinking to get Diana second. For ad carry there aren't really any viable mid champs for it but I kind of like Ashe and Graves, and for support, well, I own almost all supports so I just pick whatever suits the AD carry most, but I hope to rarely support.

As for my game as Olaf against Irelia, I did searched some video's on youtube right away of how Olaf should be played and how against Irelia. After picking the champ and during loading screen I searched up the common itembuild and the order to pick what skill first every level. I badly wanted to play Vladimir in that match actually but was afraid that people would flame me for counterpicking myself. Though never at that match did my teammates flamed me, guess I got lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusifer View Post
    Heh, didn't expected people to actually read that long post of mine. Thanks for the suggestions!

Leaving my comfort zone to play other roles is indeed a very good suggestion because that way I extend my comfort zone. I guess that if I'm sucking and people are flaming me for that I should just hit that ignore button and not let their comments get to me. If not mid, I like to play top first, jungle second and AD carry third. I don't like support very much, I don't do bad as support but it's just boring.

@Boomcats: No, no ELO hell, I know there's hidden ELO for normal games but afaik that doesn't make as much difference as it does with ranked games. I'm playing normal games and don't expect to hit ranked till S4 at earliest. Learning a champ or two for every role is what I should definitely do, and preferably champs that can be played mid. I was thinking for top to be Kennen/Vladimir, since they're viable up top and mid. For jungle I'm already good with Nocturne, was thinking to get Diana second. For ad carry there aren't really any viable mid champs for it but I kind of like Ashe and Graves, and for support, well, I own almost all supports so I just pick whatever suits the AD carry most, but I hope to rarely support.

As for my game as Olaf against Irelia, I did searched some video's on youtube right away of how Olaf should be played and how against Irelia. After picking the champ and during loading screen I searched up the common itembuild and the order to pick what skill first every level. I badly wanted to play Vladimir in that match actually but was afraid that people would flame me for counterpicking myself. Though never at that match did my teammates flamed me, guess I got lucky.
    If you want really good guides for any champion you should go to solomid.net, quite a few of the top players make guides for all the champions and how to do certains things on them. And since you seem to be into the whole counter pick thing, you should also check out lolcounter.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    - snip -
    You need to play more is all. I would suggest learning all the roles, and going from there. If you can play a decent ap mid, most of the mechanics that you use transfer to other lanes. Each lane has its own dynamics that you will have to learn, but the general idea is the same. Jungling will probably be that hardest thing to learn, since it is is the least like any of the other lanes, and in the early game it has the most pressure. You are expected to make plays (whether you should or not, is entirely dependent of the situation, but people expect their junglers to be gods) and be everywhere at once. After failing it up in the jungle a few times it starts to click and things get a lot easier.

I would also suggest friending people that you played with that were friendly and you seemed to play well with. If you don't really like solo Qing, try to build up your friend's list so you can at least usually have one partner, if not several. It also helps if you have friends irl that play LoL.

So ya, I think you just need to play more games. It's important to know all the roles since you obviously won't always get mid. And since you have a lot of champions, it shouldn't be too hard to go to another lane and already have a champion that does well in that lane.

Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    If you want really good guides for any champion you should go to solomid.net, quite a few of the top players make guides for all the champions and how to do certains things on them. And since you seem to be into the whole counter pick thing, you should also check out lolcounter.com.
    I have been using solomid.net when I started the game, and championselect.com since it went live, but thanks for the suggestions nonetheless. I also watch almost every day streams, my favorite being CLG EU Froggen because he's so damn good with Anivia and a good mid player.

@Isrozzis: If jungle is the hardest to learn then I don't worry that much, since I've played Nocturne jungle quite a lot with succes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been using solomid.net when I started the game, and championselect.com since it went live, but thanks for the suggestions nonetheless. I also watch almost every day streams, my favorite being CLG EU Froggen because he's so damn good with Anivia and a good mid player.

@Isrozzis: If jungle is the hardest to learn then I don't worry that much, since I've played Nocturne jungle quite a lot with succes.
    I tend to use LoLpro if i'm looking for guides, since they are written by pros. And Froggen is good to watch, he's kind of a badass with anivia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I tend to use LoLpro if i'm looking for guides, since they are written by pros. And Froggen is good to watch, he's kind of a badass with anivia.
    You say it as if solomid don't have pro guides

10+ Year Old Account

I can't speak for other people, but oddly enough most solo-q games I've been playing recently have had people straight up call support, with top lane and jungle being the picks no one wants. Mid is almost always taken right away though (which in draft is stupid few a few reasons but I won't go into that).

It looks like you own the champs for roles, you just need experience with them. Normal draft is a great way to do this since people will call roles most of the time instead of having those insta-lock Akali's that you think are top but freak out as soon as you lock in a mid.

WingsofDeath is just awesome to watch with Jayce, i just don't have the skills to pull off what he does- but he makes it sound so easy.

I can't stand current state of bot lane, Ez & Sona everygame. If its not Ez & Sona its Graves/Blitz or Graves/Taric.

Please riot buff Ashe or Varus or MF

10+ Year Old Account
    Or give Trist some QoL treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I can't speak for other people, but oddly enough most solo-q games I've been playing recently have had people straight up call support, with top lane and jungle being the picks no one wants. Mid is almost always taken right away though (which in draft is stupid few a few reasons but I won't go into that).

It looks like you own the champs for roles, you just need experience with them. Normal draft is a great way to do this since people will call roles most of the time instead of having those insta-lock Akali's that you think are top but freak out as soon as you lock in a mid.
    I find jungle to be the most intimidating role, followed by ADC, mid, top, support. There's not a lot of security as top/jungle for newer players, especially if the enemy jungler has a ton of gank potential.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Ashe definitly deserves a better passive imo. MF and Varus are just designed in a way that they will never really be viable in competetive play unless they are remade. Remaking them would be a shame though since there needs to be some variety. I don´t think every champ needs to be viable and most ADs are in a fine state. It´s not like any carry is trash, you could use any of them in a solo queue game and it´s not like your team would just lose because of it.

I´m way more worried about a rengar, karma or garen pick on my team than if someone was to pick MF or cait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Ashe definitly deserves a better passive imo. MF and Varus are just designed in a way that they will never really be viable in competetive play unless they are remade. Remaking them would be a shame though since there needs to be some variety. I don´t think every champ needs to be viable and most ADs are in a fine state. It´s not like any carry is trash, you could use any of them in a solo queue game and it´s not like your team would just lose because of it.

I´m way more worried about a rengar, karma or garen pick on my team than if someone was to pick MF or cait.
    So you're saying that having champions that are extremely weak like nerfed Evelynn and release Yorick are okay?

And Garen is actually a lot better now.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-09-13 at 07:32 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    So you're saying that having champions that are extremely weak like nerfed Evelynn and release Yorick are okay?

Garen is pretty stronk after the remake imo, definitely not a top pick, but not a bad one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    For champions like Lee Sin and Riven, yes, AD really matters. They scale with pure AD, Riven especially benefits with all her attacks scaling with it, including her shield. Is why stacking BT's is an option.
    Thanks for the input. I think I'll keep my defensive blues and yellows, but I might try out all AD with reds and quints.

Deleted

No my point is that no AD carry in the game is so bad it´s considered a trollpick, which means that there actually isn´t any problem.

Garen is incredibly strong at the moment. People just build damage on him rather then tank. Go for sunfire/FoN/shurelyia's maybe a FM or a Yomuu's and you become an unkillable, incredibly fast, kill stealing machine.

I would take a good garen on my team anyday.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else

MF and Cait are nowhere near nerfed Eve in terms of power. They are behind but not THAT much.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    MF and Cait are nowhere near nerfed Eve in terms of power. They are behind but not THAT much.
    I wouldn't say Caitlyn is even behind, she is actually amazing still, if played right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    No my point is that no AD carry in the game is so bad it´s considered a trollpick, which means that there actually isn´t any problem.
    With Varus I think you have a point. All of his spells are useful in some way, and he's got a different playstyle to the normal ADC, but MF is just BLEH right now. All of her spells except the weak steroid are DPS losses. Even her Ult. There's a huge problem with that. The Ult can catch low health people who flashed over walls, but most people can escape easily since it doesn't hinder their movement. I'm waiting for her inevitable remake.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    I wouldn't say Caitlyn is even behind, she is actually amazing still, if played right.
    I'm going to agree. She can make it very difficult for the enemy ADC since she's a great laner. And if played correctly, you can shut them down and end it before her weaker late game has to face the opponent's stronger late game. Easier in low ELOs I'm going to guess since shes nowhere in pro-play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I'm going to agree. She can make it very difficult for the enemy ADC since she's a great laner. And if played correctly, you can shut them down and end it before her weaker late game has to face the opponent's stronger late game. Easier in low ELOs I'm going to guess since shes nowhere in pro-play.
    Ill agree with you on that, I only play her because I know I can screw up the enemy carry in the first few minutes and when you get level 6, she just goes insanely out of control.