I have to thank Riot for buffing Nasus even when it wasn't needed. I have been doing good with him before the patch but now i'm just dominating :-DD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterus View Post
    AP characters are fine. If anything they're some of the best characters in the game to play due to aoe burst. They have some of the highest damage output in the game but they are very squishy usually to compensate for that. Playing them late game is going to require good positioning and an initiation, you should not initiate often as an ap character, usually it means you will just be focused down in a few seconds.

Get a Guardian angel or banshees veil to become a less appealing target. This combined with the Zhonyas you have, living through teamfights should not be very difficult. Also, if your character allows it build a RoA and Rylais you will be put around 3,000hp at lvl 18.
    The main problem with that is a lot of AP builds, especially for carries, require items that have a much higher damage output than survivability output earlier on so that by the time you can build defensive items, the game is generally over. For example, my default Brand build ends up with 1-2 Doran's Rings, Sorcerer's Shoes, Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff (By now at least one is stacking MR), and then Will of the Ancients for Spell Vamp. If only one Doran's Ring, then I can pick up either Rylai's or Zhonya's.

Most games just don't last long enough for APs to build defensively and there are so few AP items with substantial armor/magic resistance that it's hard to get a hold of them. Off the top of my head I can think of Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's Hourglass. Yes, there are AP items with health (Rylai's, Rod of Ages, etc.) but an extra 300-500 hp will only help if you don't get dropped before you can even blink.

As for running out of range of AD carries, say hello to Twitch, Tristana, and Miss Fortune. Especially Tristana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    The main problem with that is a lot of AP builds, especially for carries, require items that have a much higher damage output than survivability output earlier on so that by the time you can build defensive items, the game is generally over. For example, my default Brand build ends up with 1-2 Doran's Rings, Sorcerer's Shoes, Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff (By now at least one is stacking MR), and then Will of the Ancients for Spell Vamp. If only one Doran's Ring, then I can pick up either Rylai's or Zhonya's.

Most games just don't last long enough for APs to build defensively and there are so few AP items with substantial armor/magic resistance that it's hard to get a hold of them. Off the top of my head I can think of Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's Hourglass. Yes, there are AP items with health (Rylai's, Rod of Ages, etc.) but an extra 300-500 hp will only help if you don't get dropped before you can even blink.

As for running out of range of AD carries, say hello to Twitch, Tristana, and Miss Fortune. Especially Tristana.
    If Twitch isnt killed in the teamfight, you are doing it wrong. Also, as Brand for example, gratz, you just threeshotted me!
    Focus down the AD carries, then go on the others. :3
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Played Ashe few games after countless games with Warwick and Trynd, she got so much utility its ridic.

Hey guys, really good thread with a lot of useful stuff I've learnt from, but I would like to learn more about the game by playing a bit more premades.

I only play for like 3 months, and although I am level 30, I did it almost solely by solo queuing in normals (or sometimes I played with my brother, but he doesn't play that much (only level 16) and isn't also really great. :<) I feel that there is still a lot for me to learn.

I like to play AD carries like Caitlyn, Tristana and Ezreal, I've tried jungle Amumu a few times with reasonable success, and I'm also starting to like Lux, Nidalee and Rumble really much. I have a lot of champions I haven't played yet though (bought 2 of the champions bundles) and am really willing to learn! My summoner name is the same as my nickname on here, so feel free to add me. And oh yeah, I am EU West.
    Last edited by Katelina; 2011-08-11 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    A tank is all well and good for keeping carries alive, but when Yi is running at you like friggin sonic, rolling with cleanse or QSS, there isn't much you can do
    errr ya there is.... focus him he goes down like a sack of fail. He is SOOOOO squishy i 2 shot him as nocturne late game if hes not super fed and if he IS fed my buddy who wukongs alot pops his ult on him and we tag team him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey View Post
    errr ya there is.... focus him he goes down like a sack of fail. He is SOOOOO squishy i 2 shot him as nocturne late game if hes not super fed and if he IS fed my buddy who wukongs alot pops his ult on him and we tag team him.
    Or knock him up into the air. I bet he'll die before he starts to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post

You can get away with 4 damage items boots and a survival item of your choice, not including zhonyas of course because that grants a decent amount of AP. You can easily get away with building RoA first, and you should to start stacking the bonuses as quickly as possible.

As brand I almost always build dorans > boots > catalyst into RoA. Due to my scaling runes I really don't find mana or AP to be a problem by the first trip back, the following trip I have my blasting wand. I have great sustain with the ability to harass and eventually finish my opponent in lane. This is more than enough to help me farm either a deathcap of rylais, which I find essential for pyroclasm if you haven't lit their team on fire.

While its true you do need to focus on ap for your build, its really not hard to skip building that Will of the Ancients and build an item that will keep you alive. It doesn't matter if you have 1100 ap if you're going to get destroyed every team fight.

If you are doing your job right in a solo lane, you will be the first to hit the level cap, you should have the highest CS and you should be ahead of almost everyone on their team. And if you aren't able to keep yourself alive in a team fight with assassins or tanky dps that makes you pretty much worthless to the team.

If you're having problems with twitch, that's a pretty large sign the game is going awful for your team already, seeing as hes probably the most worthless AD carry in the game.

If You have built a Zhonyas, and another situational survival item you will easily last through either of their damage. Your team will destroy them while they attempted to chase you and overextended past their team to chase you down like morons.
    Last edited by Arterus; 2011-08-11 at 02:28 PM.

Between Lux and Ezreal what hero would be more fun to play?

Let me hear your opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Or knock him up into the air. I bet he'll die before he starts to fall.
    thats what wukongs for :P and ya yi is SOOOO delicate its humorous to watch one go for a gank late game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post

Lux, not sure why. Im not bad with skillshots, but i just don't like Ezreal

Deleted

Ezreal is... Very rewarding, you have basically only skillshots and its kind of hard to kill anyone, but when you actually DO kill someone, it makes you feel like the king of the world... Until that Kassadin Riftwalks next to you and kills you with only his Q

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CAllmighty View Post
    Played Ashe few games after countless games with Warwick and Trynd, she got so much utility its ridic.
    Her utility comes at the expense of both damage and survivability. Pretty much every other ranged carry does more damage than Ashe and she has no means of escape (as opposed to ez flash, trist jump, corki valk, cait net/trap, vayne tumble/ult for example). She's like the worst soloqueue ad ranged champ, because most of the time your team won't protect you.

Deleted
    Feed me bruddaaahs!

Deleted
    Oh yeah, anyone got any success with Skarner? I don't have him/it yet and have only seen horrible ones (0/10/2 horrible, or ones that think you can do red with 100 health as jungler -.-) so far so its kinda hard to make up my mind if I should buy him or not, as he seems kinda weak damage wise and that Ultimate feels almost useless, it lasts like 1.5 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Oh yeah, anyone got any success with Skarner? I don't have him/it yet and have only seen horrible ones (0/10/2 horrible, or ones that think you can do red with 100 health as jungler -.-) so far so its kinda hard to make up my mind if I should buy him or not, as he seems kinda weak damage wise and that Ultimate feels almost useless, it lasts like 1.5 seconds?
    He can jungle but his problem is he is EXTREMELY vulnerable to counter jungling at lvl 1-4 seeing as how hes running around with 200 hp tops alot of the time its easy to first blood him. He is INCREDIBLY OP late game if he gets to feed some. and his ult is actually nice for grabbing a carry and holding them down long enough to get your team on them

10+ Year Old Account

Ezreal's skillset is damage only. He is a carry and only a carry. Lux on the other hand has a larger tool set. She is CCer with a decent nuke. I personally prefer Lux. Ezreal is very dependent on his team, at least Lux can CC someone if they get in her face. EZ either has to kill them or hope they don't disable his E. EZ does have a few pluses, he can be built as AP or AD, Lux can only be built with AP. But I find Lux to be useful even if she falls behind with her items because of her CC, if EZ falls behind he is useless. I find Lux the funner our of two because you can really be a pain to the enemy the entire. Teams will want you dead as much as your carry but can't reach you because of your range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey View Post
    He can jungle but his problem is he is EXTREMELY vulnerable to counter jungling at lvl 1-4 seeing as how hes running around with 200 hp tops alot of the time its easy to first blood him. He is INCREDIBLY OP late game if he gets to feed some. and his ult is actually nice for grabbing a carry and holding them down long enough to get your team on them
    Just wondering, what if I ran Armor reds and yellows with AS blues and HP quints?
    Thou I have this feeling I wouldn't actually be able to kill any of the jungle camps after wolfs and wraiths...

If someone would be so nice to test this as I'm missing like 5k IP for him ._.

How to own as Nasus in normal matches.

Core items by middle game: Mercury Threads or Ninja Tabi (Depends on if the enemy team is melee or caster heavy) Philosopher's Stone (The +5 gold every ten seconds really helps you with gold) Aegis of the Legion (A must have for any game in my own opinion) Sheen (This is so you can build Trinity Force later in the game)

My items versus caster heavy team: Shurelya's Reverie, Mercury's Threads, Aegis of the Legion, Trinity Force, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen. This build will give you about 200 magic resist and somewhere around 190ish armor.

My items versus melee heavy team: Shurelya's Reverie, Ninja Tabi, Aegis of the Legion, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Cape. This build will give you around 250ish armor and as for magic resists I will have about 106ish. You could add Thornmail to replace Sunfire cape, but I like Sunfire cape because it goes well with your ultimate.

What order do I build Nasus's items? Well, once I have my core items, I will go straight into building Randuin's Omen or Force of Nature depending on the enemies. If it is a caster enemy team, after I finish Force of Nature, I will build straight into Randuin's Omen. If it is a melee heavy enemy team, after I finish Randuin's Omen, I will build straight into Sunfire Cape. Once I have those two items built on either build, I will finish Shurelya's Reverie and once I finish that, I will finish Trinity Force.

What lane do I choose? I will pick either top or bottom. Hell, if middle is open then I will take middle. You pretty much want to farm your Q ability as much as you can. I tend to miss out on some team fights because I am farming my Q, but later in the game I am a real problem for the enemy team because not only does it takes a lot to kill me, my Q does an insane amount of damage. I haven't lost a team fight yet playing with these builds on Nasus. So far my KDR in normals the last two games is 24/2/20. You always want to go after their carries in team fights. If you farm your Q enough, it will take about 40% of their health with one shot. They will then start to run away, slow them with your W, pop down your E ability on top of them and by that time your Q should back up. Hit it them again with the Q and and smile at your kill. OH Don't forget to use your ultimate in team fights.

Since I'm not level 30, I haven't tried this in ranked, but I am sure it would work. Granted normals are probably not something to brag about, but I don't care. Have fun!

Edit: None of this matters if you have a bad team because you can't carry your whole team when they feed the enemy 15 kills in the first 10 minutes. So pray you have a decent team.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2011-08-11 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Just wondering, what if I ran Armor reds and yellows with AS blues and HP quints?
    Thou I have this feeling I wouldn't actually be able to kill any of the jungle camps after wolfs and wraiths...

If someone would be so nice to test this as I'm missing like 5k IP for him ._.
    i run Arp reds and the rest as you listed and he can jungle decently but even then hes just TO EASY to kill or deny both jungles to