10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Yeah. You can come back from a bad early game if you pick up kills in skirmishes and Teamfights, but if the enemy team is smart you won't get many kills in the laning phase.

Another thing is she is easily counter-jungled and invaded her first few clears. I would have been able to kill her at level 2 as Nunu (my Fiora invaded with me even though I didn't need her there). Any of the stronger dueling junglers and she would have melted (Darius, Shyv, Olaf, Udyr). She is better as a counter-pick than a first pick.

Pretty much every time I'm jungling, if I see an Eve I make sure to steal all her buffs because it's too easy. She might gank more, but as long as my team is competent we completely shut her down.
    When she is jungling I take both my buffs, then try to hunt her down at red or double golems. It's risky, but it's almost always a kill if I can get on her. Her stealth mechanic isn't terribly useful in the jungle since she is either at the camp or she isn't. And chances are she hasn't been out of combat long enough for it to reset either.

I'll have to give her a try sometime. She sounds like a lot of fun now, but that she works better with certain teams, and against certain junglers. Like if they had a tank jungler it would be safer to pick her because you know you're probably not going to be counterjungled as hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god Zyra is strong.

Her burst damage with her Q + E is insane all game.
    Last night I spend about 5 games playing with 3 IRL friends, and one of their LoL friends who has chosen Zyra to be his main. He's good at her, but the damage is insane regardless.

She needs to be ganked regularly to not go out of control.

She can also jungle :'D
    I spectated a ranked game with a Zyra doing it. It's actually not slow.
    Sure there are better champs to do it, but with turrents, damage, snares and a knock-up, she can provide pretty insane ganks.
    I won't be buying her though, I spent all my IP buying more runes. Ugh.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Oh my god Zyra is strong.

Her burst damage with her Q + E is insane all game.
    Last night I spend about 5 games playing with 3 IRL friends, and one of their LoL friends who has chosen Zyra to be his main. He's good at her, but the damage is insane regardless.

She needs to be ganked regularly to not go out of control.

She can also jungle :'D
    I spectated a ranked game with a Zyra doing it. It's actually not slow.
    Sure there are better champs to do it, but with turrents, damage, snares and a knock-up, she can provide pretty insane ganks.
    I won't be buying her though, I spent all my IP buying more runes. Ugh.
    You have to land her combo's on seeds to be the most effective. I've played her in every game today and you notice the missing plant damage if you drop a seed too late or you miss a seed (mostly happens with E). It's gotten me killed in close fights I probably should have won or allowed an enemy to escape at really low health. Her ult is another interesting mechanic since it is fairly easy to run out of, but good timing and placement guarantees a kill.

I think her high skill cap will put her in the same place I feel Jayce is in. Good players will destroy you and will make her feel OP. The average player will do well, but nothing special enough to make people notice. Lastly, bad players just won't play her since they feed worse than playing a normal champ and Zyra isn't fun when you fuck up or play bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    My name is Bawhum
    Seriously, not cool how you stood me up...

10+ Year Old Account
    that awkward moment when you thought you hit bot game to try out a new champion and you just went to straight to a normal game...

that was a pretty awful game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I wasn't trying to say that level three of an ult isn't max rank. That's pretty obvious that it is. But straight from LoL wiki:

(Active): Akali moves through the shadows to quickly deal magic damage to the target and appear next to it. Akali gains an Essence of Shadow charge once every few seconds up to a total of 3, affected by cooldown reduction. The time to gain a charge doesn't count when at maximum charges. Additionally, Akali gains an Essence of Shadow for a kill or an assist.
    Cost: 1 Essence of Shadow
    Range: 800
    Cooldown: 2 / 1.5 / 1 seconds
    Essence of Shadow Recharge Time: 25 / 20 / 15 seconds

Magic Damage: 100 / 175 / 250 (+0.5 per ability power)

yes, it does have a 1 sec cd. She gains charges on a higher cd, but the actual spell has a very short cd.
    That's like saying Ahri's ultimate is OP because it has a 1sec cooldown in-between charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    That's like saying Ahri's ultimate is OP because it has a 1sec cooldown in-between charges.
    all I did was quote LoLwiki to show that akali's ult does have a very short cd. I don't know what you are trying to say.

Maybe I can get something useful here. I need a solo top champ. Usually use Teemo, but have just been getting wrecked by Nunu and Xin. TRYING to build up a better roster before I start ranked. Already have (not counting supports/mages)

-Amumu
    -Cho
    -Corki
    -Eve
    -Jayce
    -Kayle
    -Maokai
    -Mord
    -Olaf
    -Poppy
    -Shaco
    -Sivir
    -Teemo
    -Trist
    -Tryndamere
    -TF
    -Urgot
    -Vayne

I've heard/seen Shen, Rumble, Irelia, Kennen and Nunu can all be pretty beast on solo top. Any suggestions?
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cho / Olaf / Jayce / Kayle / Mord / Teemo / Trynd / Urgot (though I haven't seen him top since the patch) could top.

I think the first three I mentioned are the strongest with probably olaf in first place. Of the ones you mentioned I would recommend all of them except maybe nunu. I don't have any experience with him top lane (fighting or playing) so I can't really say anything about him. The others are good tops though. I would add Riven too.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Cho / Olaf / Jayce / Kayle / Mord / Teemo / Trynd / Urgot (though I haven't seen him top since the patch) could top.

I think the first three I mentioned are the strongest with probably olaf in first place. Of the ones you mentioned I would recommend all of them except maybe nunu. I don't have any experience with him top lane (fighting or playing) so I can't really say anything about him. The others are good tops though. I would add Riven too.
    I'll just have to polish up my Brolaf game then, as I just got shat all over by Xin last night. (Just been playing bots, but holy hell, do they play mean)
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

So...I didn't take this game seriously until like a week ago. I built my friend his new gaming rig...now, we have four people teaming up IRL.

I'm running Annie, brother is running Ryze/Nocturne, friend is running different characters (mostly is meh with them), other friend is running Fiddlesticks.

Annie and Fiddlesticks belong together. OH. MY. JESUS. So many shenanigans.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Good initial (maybe Fiddle's fear) + Annie's Tibbers (w/ stun) + Fiddle's Crowstorm = hilarity insured. It's just simple combos like that can really destroy people hard. Even more so when it's just coordinated with people having communication tools.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Quote Originally Posted by Renwin View Post
    Good initial (maybe Fiddle's fear) + Annie's Tibbers (w/ stun) + Fiddle's Crowstorm = hilarity insured. It's just simple combos like that can really destroy people hard. Even more so when it's just coordinated with people having communication tools.
    About 90% of the time, we get First Blood. It's ridiculous.

It gets even worse when we start coordinating turret dives for double/triple kills when they team up against us.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    My point being that Yorick isn't some magical super top like some people are making him up to be.
    Top is 1v1 = less damage incoming, still the same sustain and with sustain i mean he's nearly immovable.

Additionally top is usually a melee which is just incredibly easy to harass with his range.

@Fenlnir: I'd suggest jax. He's a great top champ but lately people keep banning him

Deleted
    This is more for the people at mid but how often to do find yourself getting ganked and come away with either 1 or 2 kills from it? It happened at least 3 times yesterday, got a double kill and 2 singles. It was with Zyra yesterday but it happens a lot with Ahri and TF I find.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    This is more for the people at mid but how often to do find yourself getting ganked and come away with either 1 or 2 kills from it? It happened at least 3 times yesterday, got a double kill and 2 singles. It was with Zyra yesterday but it happens a lot with Ahri and TF I find.
    Oh that never happens with me. (double kills) sometimes I do get a kill though from a gank and escape barely.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 08:52 AM ----------

Also Gragas is the king.

He is so extremely underestimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    [/COLOR]Also Gragas is the king.

He is so extremely underestimated.
    You speak the truth!
    AD Grag, AP Grag and Tank Grag. ALL LETHAL!
    "Y U SOBER!"

People just suck with his Q and R and it can ruin teamfights.

AD/AS Taric is fun for the luls.
    Stunning, run up, ulti, W, smacksmack, they almost die, just chase and kill. If you take any damage, pop your Q and your back up.
    Attempted and successfully Solo'd Baron at about the 25min mark.

Yes it's bad in ranked, but I like coming up with trollish stuff that causes serious wins.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    solotopdude
    Olaf, Kayle, Cho'Gath, and situational Trynd / Poppy are all very good choices to have in your arsenal. Teemo is super fun but for ranked he's very very situational. If you're looking to expand, I think Riven, Rumble, or Xin are all very solid pickups. You really can't go wrong with any of those 3 and I should add Kennan as well. All of them do really good damage and are quite tanky apart from Kennan. It's all up to what you want to do. Rumble and Riven currently don't really have a hard counter whereas a bunch of other champs have 1 or 2. Tons of people I know think Rumble is the best top at the moment.

Riven is also amazing and I doubt they'll nerf her at all anytime soon. She doesn't exactly have a super hard counter and can build to be so tanky or snowball and end games before it gets late. Rumble seems a bit strong at the moment as does Xin, I can see them reducing both their damages (although I believe Rumble's flamethrower was bugged or something and it is fixed now). You really can't go wrong at the end of the day but out of all these, I'd recommend Riven. No resource to manage, dashy escape type mechanics to avoid ganks.

I know you were looking for a new champion to add and I don't know how much you've played Kayle, but you should def give her a serious go. Incredible damage and snowballs so god damn hard. The range on E is amazing for chasing down kills, you have a heal which speeds you up to avoid ganks as well as a slow. And who can forget about that ult. One of the best team ults in the game and can really turn a team fight that seems to be going south, quite quickly in your teams favor. If you lane decently and your ADC's lane doesn't lose and farms well, it's such a deadly chunk damage combo to have. You will absolutely feed off champions who don't have a gap closer too and champs without a stun. I love playing Kayle top, it's just dunk city if you get up a kill or two on your lane. I've been building Zerker Greaves / Rageblade / IE / PD / GA / and a situational final item. You can go Maw if they have tons of magic damage or even pickup a Bloodthirster. Zeke's Herald is a nice item as well to build if your support or jungle aren't grabbing it. GA basically allows you to use your ult on a team mate over yourself, I usually buy it after IE in between Zeal and PD depending on how the round is going.

Enjoy, obviously these are just my personal opinions based on past experience and what I've learn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    Have this quite often with Renekton. Was towerdived as Draven recently by 3 people and ended up with a double kill (almost triple kill...but damn flash!).
    I had some lifesteal...and was at around 50hp all the time, so people were like DAMN WE CAN KILL HIM...but somehow I managed to keep alive (more luck than skill, but hey!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I just got Yorick in a 3v3 ARAM with friends. The other team were three ranged champions. I felt absolutely useless. They could harass me constantly while I could barely get any ghouls off on them.

Mind you, I'm not very experienced with him, but if there is one thing I think I know, it's that he's really easy to harass if you're ranged.

My point being that Yorick isn't some magical super top like some people are making him up to be.
    Lack of practise. Start with tear + boots in ARAM and just spam W + E. Don't even bother with Q till level 7 or so other than, maybe, a single point if they decide to get up close n personal. You'll leech back most, if not all, of the damage they dealt if you can avoid their skillshots and drop their health from the AoE damage on W.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Maybe I can get something useful here. I need a solo top champ. Usually use Teemo, but have just been getting wrecked by Nunu and Xin. TRYING to build up a better roster before I start ranked. Already have (not counting supports/mages)
    If you're getting wrecked by Nunu, completely ignore people suggesting Tryndamere. Nunu (and Malphite) shut down Tryndamere so hard, he'll just leave the game to go crying to Ashe.

I have my doubt he'll do any better against Xin. Sure, he'll outcarry him - eventually - but he isn't going to get there in a hurry as Xin's early game will let him stomp all over Tryndamere.

I'm honestly not entirely sure what'll kill Nunu at top. I suppose Yorick can just shrug off the harass, but he won't kill Nunu. Riven might be able to. You said you tried Olaf, but after some consideration I don't see him do well. Nunu can just kite him forever with Snowballs + Bloodboils and if Nunu does ever get caught he can just chomp down on a minion and heal back up. He has way more sustain than Olaf that way.