10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Pre Jayce the best early bot laners out there were Riven, Malz and Urgoth. None of them are tanks/supports, your friend is wrong. There is NO sense in sending support to solo non-pooterss task, no sense at all.
    That's what I'm thinking. When I play janna, I'm great at getting points they ignore, but everyone runs off and I HAVE to get bot or we won't get it. Then the games I don't go bot, he yells at our tanks to go down there, seems like a complete waste. The entire enemy team's damage is going top, why would you NOT want the tank up there?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. When I play janna, I'm great at getting points they ignore, but everyone runs off and I HAVE to get bot or we won't get it. Then the games I don't go bot, he yells at our tanks to go down there, seems like a complete waste. The entire enemy team's damage is going top, why would you NOT want the tank up there?
    Get Zilean for that task. You will be better both as roamer and botlane pusher (bombs>gale). Janna is more teamfight/counterroamer oriented.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Getting some strong appreciation for Irelia again, going with a Tri Force build, armor boots, Maw and then stacking any AD I can. Hurts like a truck.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Getting some strong appreciation for Irelia again, going with a Tri Force build, armor boots, Maw and then stacking any AD I can. Hurts like a truck.
    I like to go tri force then mogs->atmas/frozen heart, both in the end, then get some mr and proceed to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I like to go tri force then mogs->atmas/frozen heart, both in the end, then get some mr and proceed to do something else.
    So far I haven't really had to, I've been up against fairly poor teams recently which is fortunate. I've just been making up builds as I go, basing everything on my top lane paring first of course then switching around from there. I had enough farm and gold saved in the middle of my last match I had the opportunity to switch from magic res boots to armor boots, seeing as their only AP was Kennen who was already being pounded into oblivion at mid lol.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    So far I haven't really had to, I've been up against fairly poor teams recently which is fortunate. I've just been making up builds as I go, basing everything on my top lane paring first of course then switching around from there. I had enough farm and gold saved in the middle of my last match I had the opportunity to switch from magic res boots to armor boots, seeing as their only AP was Kennen who was already being pounded into oblivion at mid lol.
    If you're snowballing hard, instead of going warmogs, I would probably go brutalizers or maybe wit's end, maybe wit's end, then proceed with mogs/frozen heart->atmas/mr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Warmog's+Atma's is a really outdated build. I wouldn't advise it on anyone these days, but on Irelia it's just a poor choice to begin with.

Trinity Force and Wit's End are CORE on Irelia. You can't live without Sheen, and more attack speed means more true damage from Hiten Style. Most of your damage will be coming from Hiten Style, so building AD over attack speed is a bad investment.

Where you go from there depends on the situation and your own preference, but I like GA in almost all situations. If you have an early gp5 item (Philo/HoG) you can also upgrade that. Everything after Trinity Force/Wit's End/GA I consider a luxury which you shouldn't count on getting. If you do get that far, you will want to maximise survivability. There is absolutely no need to get more damage.
    Last edited by mmoc581146db80; 2012-10-03 at 12:54 PM.

Pretty much agree'd with Alaitoc on Irelia build, anything with AP up top will either be double Gp5 (if I think it'll be a farm lane or I can beat them with double Gp5) into Wits End straight away, then followed by Tri-force GA. AD'ish will be Gp5 again if I can get em into Phage, complete the Tri-force, then a Wits into GA. There are lots of viable items on Irelia, AS is pretty good, MS is good, CDR isnt bad, tankyness in general isnt bad so you get a lot of choice for the last few items. You can kinda build to counter whoever the biggest threat on their team is really, its good fun.

I'm patiently waiting to see what the entire Championship Riven skin looks like... its only a matter of time...

Deleted
    I really dislike GP5s on irelia. The whole thing about Irelia being a weak laner is just BS. She beats anyone in trades past lvl 7, but if you build GP5s you´ll just be useless and give up the advantage that would´ve had. Just going double dorans blades or double mr mantles vs AP or something will let you stomp your opponent really hard. If you are going even with them when you have GP5s, you´d be stomping them with other items. The only exception is vs yorick since you´ll just be farming anyways.

Triforce/GA and wits is pretty much core on Irelia, after that it´s situational.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I'm patiently waiting to see what the entire Championship Riven skin looks like... its only a matter of time...

snip
    I hope it's 975 rp otherwise I can't buy it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    I really dislike GP5s on irelia. The whole thing about Irelia being a weak laner is just BS. She beats anyone in trades past lvl 7, but if you build GP5s you´ll just be useless and give up the advantage that would´ve had. Just going double dorans blades or double mr mantles vs AP or something will let you stomp your opponent really hard. If you are going even with them when you have GP5s, you´d be stomping them with other items. The only exception is vs yorick since you´ll just be farming anyways.

Triforce/GA and wits is pretty much core on Irelia, after that it´s situational.
    Past 7, yes, she will beat anyone. Her sustain has been hit so much though that she can get bursted down by most popular top lane champs these days during those early levels. She is still strong and one of my favorite top laners, she is just meant for a different era where you would play more passive while farming and gaining levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    This picture perfectly describes my friend every time he plays.

He's locked me in that thing so many damn times, at this point I think he does it on purpose.

Deleted
    She is still the most played top laner in europe and korea, she still has good enough mobility to farm safely. You can´t really go super aggro on Irelia that early in the current meta of junglers camping top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post

Wait.. Championship Riven skin? I've never heard of that. I know about War Hero Janna and Xin + Jarvan 1year in China LoL celebration skins but Championship Riven? Can I get the link please?

Aonewarrior EU WEST. Feel free to add I mostly play bottom lane with a friend. Out favorite comp i ap Shaco and Blitzcrank, which is tbh the most fun comp I have ever played. Also ad lulu is crazy fun! Also Urgot and Yorick are awesome champs that few play.
    Last edited by Sacberr; 2012-10-03 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This picture perfectly describes my friend every time he plays.
    [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110928092257/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/0/03/Demise101_Jarvan_loves_to_help.jpg/355px-Demise101_Jarvan_loves_to_help.jpg[img]
    He's locked me in that thing so many damn times, at this point I think he does it on purpose.
    That picture accurately describes the joy of playing jarvan. Though my brother always gets annoyed that people can just walk out of the zyra ult, so we could a way to fix that. If you catacylsm then into it, they can't do shit. Jarvan's pretty awesome when you have a team that can benefit from his strengths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's really fun to play, but my friend does everything he can to mess me up with that, if we're doing reallllly well that game.
    Here's what he did one game:
    Four of them were chasing him, while I was playing Ahri. I was in mid, and I had just used my ult to kill their mid, and I didn't have flash up either. We both meet up around the same spot and are heading up lane towards our base, but one of the enemy team manages to slow both of us, so they caught up to us.
    One of them is on me, the other three are on Jarvan, and he's very close to death. I think I'm gonna get away because they're all after him, and they've used their CC.
    "DEMMMMMAAAAACCCIIIIAAAAAAAA!!!!"
    He jumps on the melee that's chasing me, and I get stuck there with him, and we both died. His only response to why he did that: "I didn't wanna die alone "

Deleted
    I think he's really fun to play, but my friend does everything he can to mess me up with that, if we're doing reallllly well that game.
    Here's what he did one game:
    Four of them were chasing him, while I was playing Ahri. I was in mid, and I had just used my ult to kill their mid, and I didn't have flash up either. We both meet up around the same spot and are heading up lane towards our base, but one of the enemy team manages to slow both of us, so they caught up to us.
    One of them is on me, the other three are on Jarvan, and he's very close to death. I think I'm gonna get away because they're all after him, and they've used their CC.
    "DEMMMMMAAAAACCCIIIIAAAAAAAA!!!!"
    He jumps on the melee that's chasing me, and I get stuck there with him, and we both died. His only response to why he did that: "I didn't wanna die alone "
    Jarvan's a good champion to troll games that are certain wins.

I like his game play a lot, he's really fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like him enough to play as him when he's free, he is very fun, but not enough to actually buy him.

Won't be buying anyone for a while actually, 6k IP until I finish out my second rune page.