Deleted
    I stopped watching streams and tournaments for about like 3 months ago, but when I saw him play he kinda played horrible and did really bad decisions in the lane phase... I don't know how he is now but I remember that he played really risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post

From nothing to gold in 24 hours, that was exhausting.

inb4 Muzual
    How? Eachof my win gives me 10-14 elo, so starting from 1200 or whatever up to 1513 I would need 26 wins. U have 12 W, 3L...wth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    How? Eachof my win gives me 10-14 elo, so starting from 1200 or whatever up to 1513 I would need 26 wins. U have 12 W, 3L...wth?
    You get 50 Elo till you make 13 matches more less, then it keeps dropping until you make 50 matches, which only give around 7-12 Elo. It's pretty fast to go high at low Elo if you don't loose much.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You get 50 Elo till you make 13 matches more less, then it keeps dropping until you make 50 matches, which only give around 7-12 Elo. It's pretty fast to go high at low Elo if you don't loose much.
    I didn't know about this...so, thats ridiculous. My first 13 matches were 9 lost because of afkers/trolls/unskilled as hell. So I am stuck in "elo hell" until next season. Yes I tried to pass 1500 and max I got was 1349, now I am down to 1195 or smth after 149 Wins 147 Losses and during those matches I admit I had only like 10 on which I failed my role/champ. Eh...pointless. I really hate this design path which Riot took and yes, I stay away from solo/duo rankeds forever now. U can play like top players and still u control your elo in 20%, no more.

Normally I play mid/support, because everytime they spam with "I ad!!! I top I jungle!!" and later they blame me (support) for losing Thats utter nonsense I ward well, I trap well, I support well, I even tease enemy well...eh.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-08 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know about this...so, thats ridiculous. My first 13 matches were 9 lost because of afkers/trolls/unskilled as hell. So I am stuck in "elo hell" until next season. Yes I tried to pass 1500 and max I got was 1349, now I am down to 1220 or smth after 149 Wins 147 Losses and during those matches I admit I had only like 10 on which I failed my role/champ. Eh...pointless. I really hate this design path which Riot took and yes, I stay away from solo/duo rankeds forever now. U can play like top players and still u control your elo in 20%, no more.

Normally I play mid/support, because everytime they spam with "I ad!!! I top I jungle!!" and later they blame me (support) for losing Thats utter nonsense
    It helps good players get to their ELO's higher. Why do you think skilled players and pros often win all 10 of their placement matches? People are bad enough that you SHOULD be able to carry them. Not everyone will pull their own weight, sometimes you have to pull a bit more than your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    It helps good players get to their ELO's higher. Why do you think skilled players and pros often win all 10 of their placement matches? People are bad enough that you SHOULD be able to carry them. Not everyone will pull their own weight, sometimes you have to pull a bit more than your own.
    Well, I can't carry as a support. Those lost games were as a supprt. I did all I could but for exmaple one Kog just had to go rambo and get catched by blitz...6 deaths in a row and later on blame me for not helping him to fight feed ez, etc.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-08 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    How come I win 8 out of 10 games random Draft, but once I hit Ranked I end up 5 to 21 past 25min mark...
    Someone got an advice how to win at least some games at about 1k Elo?
    No matter how hard I win my lane, both other lanes are just handing out free legendaries to the enemy to compensate for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    How come I win 8 out of 10 games random Draft, but once I hit Ranked I end up 5 to 21 past 25min mark...
    Someone got an advice how to win at least some games at about 1k Elo?
    No matter how hard I win my lane, both other lanes are just handing out free legendaries to the enemy to compensate for it.
    Play mid, pick a good champion with good ganking/roaming potential. Win your lane then win the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can't carry as a support. Those lost games were as a supprt. I did all I could but for exmaple one Kog just had to go rambo and get catched by blitz...6 deaths in a row and later on blame me for not helping him to fight feed ez, etc.
    You can make plays as a support. In fact, bottom lane is more dictated and directed by supports than people think. You have less of an obvious and direct influence as opposed to Mid or Jungle, but you're still there and you can still make plays. My friend got to gold by playing support like 90% of the time.

Specializing in one role is never smart anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alaitoc is on the EU servers too, and from what I understand the EU and Asian servers are in general more competent and more competitive. I don't know if that has anything to to do with him winning almost all of his games as support, but I think it does. Though I don't know what server you play on. It is possible to do that on the NA server, it's just a lot less likely. I've found that most ranged ads can farm pretty well, but they fail miserably when it comes to team fighting. Sometimes you get some good ones though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    You can make plays as a support. In fact, bottom lane is more dictated and directed by supports than people think. You have less of an obvious and direct influence as opposed to Mid or Jungle, but you're still there and you can still make plays. My friend got to gold by playing support like 90% of the time.

Specializing in one role is never smart anyway.
    I consider AD the hardest role to carry with. Bot is 75% down to the support, and since it's the only duo lane you're likely to see, you're essentially getting two people fed and putting two people behind by winning it. "Carrying" as a support is completely doable. If you trust your AD and see your mid overextended, go and camp their brush until the enemy jungler arrives to gank. Counter their gank and get your mid a double kill. It works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I consider AD the hardest role to carry with. Bot is 75% down to the support, and since it's the only duo lane you're likely to see, you're essentially getting two people fed and putting two people behind by winning it. "Carrying" as a support is completely doable. If you trust your AD and see your mid overextended, go and camp their brush until the enemy jungler arrives to gank. Counter their gank and get your mid a double kill. It works.
    AD carries hardest late game, which tends to not happen as much in solo que. Much easier and smarter to stomp the early and mid game, demoralize opponents and end before there even is a late game. Good supports can do plenty though, the only issue is that you're expected to do a full team member's job with like 1/3rd the amount of gold everyone else gets. Always respect a good support, they make life so much easier.

The only issue is when your AD is horrible and you have to support them, your influence is limited to your lane only. Leave your AD and risk losing him and a tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear diary, I stomped phreak in 3s today.

Deleted
    If you're going to play support when you start going ranked, then it's kinda obvious why you went down the bottom, you should never go support in the first few games because it's very hard to carry, unless you're a good support that can allow your ad carry to carry, but it doesn't seem like that.

Also, there's more noobs in ranked because a lot of people that just went level 30 didn't wait some time to get more experience, runes and knowledge of the map, so yeah, more noobs in ranked than in draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so close to finally getting out of bronze. I've put it off for so long and now I'm two games away. I was one game away but then I played a game as support. Not my best idea, I should of demanded another role. Oh well.

Two more games! I'd go for gold but I don't have that kinda of time this close to the end of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Dear diary, I stomped phreak in 3s today.
    Haha what?
    Really?

Sure it wasn't some fancy E or something that was different to his name?

God I hadn't played in so long. Played my first game today, as Sej.
    We woooon.
    Was fun. I really love Sej.
    I was VS'ing an Ashe. And it was fun in our 1v1 battles slowing each other, and ulti'ing each other.
    When I saw her ulti animation, I'd fire off mine, and we would end up both being stunned, then back on the persuit.

It's good not playing every single day like I used to with friends. I seem to be less ragey, which is a good thing for everyone. No ban for my account, no unhappiness for random strangers.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone now call mid/top/jungle in first 2sec of game
    Rarely see anyone call support (no surprise) or ranged AD
    What happened to ranged AD? A role that a year ago everyone tried to take to no one want it anymore ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Haha what?
    Really?

Sure it wasn't some fancy E or something that was different to his name?
    According to Lolking, it looks like it was the other way around. Phreak plays too many games, but he was I think 11/5/5 as Jayce when I looked and it was a victory. (tbh, I wanted to see how bad he was beaten, and was sad to see you had lost that game Methanar).

Deleted
    I still love ranged AD, but the skill gap there is so big sometimes. You can see this in decision making, farming, harassing and especially teamfights.

Had a game last night, did really well before teamfights, 3/0/3, but got caught out by the fed players on other team twice. Stupid, yeah, but I hate it when those others then start whining about how bad you are. Really? You just lost your lane and tried to 1v1 Orianna as Vlad pre-6? And they kept whining, mind you this is a rylais/revolver VLad after 30 minutes, how I was so bad on EZ because I didn't have a Trinity. The lane I was in and the support I had gave me better results with IE, which I got at 15 minutes, followed by LW (ALi double dorans shields, tanky other lanes) meaning I did "Tons of Damage" without Trinity. But no! Rylais Vlad kept hammering on how I did no damage. Go ...

Deleted
    Apparently the new "gg easy" is "noobs no honor for you".
    Last edited by mmoce45982384d; 2012-10-08 at 01:17 PM.