Someone posted a graphic that you need 13 games with 60% win rate to advance

Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    Someone posted a graphic that you need 13 games with 60% win rate to advance
    8:6 w/l => +80-96, -66-84. If i remember the elo gains/losses correctly that would be insane (+10-12 per win, -11-14 per loss) and would inflate the tiers in days....

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    8:6 w/l => +80-96, -66-84. If i remember the elo gains/losses correctly that would be insane (+10-12 per win, -11-14 per loss) and would inflate the tiers in days....
    Don't blame me lol, this graphic was posted on Reddit and in this thread cin this page http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...win_rates_and/

Am I retarded and can't math anymore?

I assume his numers are right (only estimated 5 and 6 games and his numbers are around that) but where does he get those 13 games with over 50% chance to advance from? I can't see that in his data...additionally he completely ignores that he only calculated the chance to qualify and then goes from chance to qualify to chance to advance...what? You can still lose the Bo3.

If i look at his data, You need 19 games to have over 50% chance to qualify and you still have to play the Bo3 [chance to win it with 60% w/l would be around 65% => between 33 and 34% to advance after 21/22 games

Please tell me i can't see it because I'm still half asleep...

EDIT: One thing that bugs me right now is that he assumes that you can't drop below 0 LP but that's not really true because your MMR WILL drop when losing which will make you gain less LP => increasing the amount of wins needed to qualify and so on.
    Last edited by meteo; 2013-01-23 at 07:34 AM.

Too lazy to know how it will work and to correct your math(if it's wrong)

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 08:35 AM ----------

http://z0r.de/4631 can't stop laughing XDDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Am I retarded and can't math anymore?
    Nope, just can't read. Below I pasted a link with things you have doubts about in thick, red frames for your convenience. In other words - yes, you can lose the Bo3 but he only gave you the math on what are your odds of getting a chance assuming a very good win rate. Also, you will not gain less points if your ELO drops due to continuous losing.

http://i.imgur.com/DkDL5w7.png

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Nope, just can't read. Below I pasted a link with things you have doubts about in thick, red frames for your convenience. In other words - yes, you can lose the Bo3 but he only gave you the math on what are your odds of getting a chance assuming a very good win rate. Also, you will not gain less points if your ELO drops due to continuous losing.

http://i.imgur.com/DkDL5w7.png
    can't read and misunderstood the advance. Read it as advance to the next tier

But you will get less points from losing multiple games in a row. You still have a MMR although it's not shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the things that chart missed.
    - You can drop a rank in a division, you just cannot fall to Bronze from Silver.
    - If you lose a bunch of games at 0 of tier 5, you won't gain as many points. This is to discourage people from tanking their hidden ELO to gain points faster.
    - Also, a red said if you go on a winning streak you will gain more points.

I imagine it will be quite similar to the current system. You will need a 55-60% win rate to advance slowly as your skill increases and everyone will end up where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So what champions do you guys think snowball the hardest in terms of carrying a team? Personally I think it's champions like Karthus/Wukong/Katarina who do the best at it because of their AoE damage in team fights. Also it's hard to kill them considering Karthus/Wukong want to be in the middle of everything and Katarina doesn't go in until it's safe for her to. Get any of those kind of champions fed and suddenly they're killing your whole team with their massive damage.
    Any champ with resets can snowball out of control, i.e. Kat, Darius, Kha'zix

Akali, Riven can snowball hard too

Deleted
    Olaf. You can build tanky, still do insane amounts of damage, be completely unpeelable thanks to the ult and literally immortal with the three Giant's Belts items.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Olaf. You can build tanky, still do insane amounts of damage, be completely unpeelable thanks to the ult and literally immortal with the three Giant's Belts items.
    Yeah, he just need HP and a bit of MR and armor because his ult give him MR and armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    tryndamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So what champions do you guys think snowball the hardest in terms of carrying a team? Personally I think it's champions like Karthus/Wukong/Katarina who do the best at it because of their AoE damage in team fights. Also it's hard to kill them considering Karthus/Wukong want to be in the middle of everything and Katarina doesn't go in until it's safe for her to. Get any of those kind of champions fed and suddenly they're killing your whole team with their massive damage.
    Poppy
    Well, that was a good run guys but I think it's over now.

What you mean with poppy?

Deleted
    What you mean with poppy?
    Poppy is the hardest carry in the game, bar none.

Deleted
    Only person in the game with magic immunity.
    She could have only her ultimate and her charge and she'd be the hardest carry in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why's that?
    She becomes immune to 4/5 of the enemy team and blows up the enemy carries.

Even after ult she is still very tanky thanks to her passive and deals alot of damage.

Why are people so against unorthodox junglers, such as Karthus or Annie? I saw someone play Annie jungle a few days ago (gold elo) and go 17-3, her ganks were awesome! Since then I've done about 5 games as Karthus jungle and I find him sweet - needs some help with blue and wolves, but after that good clear times, good ganks but not much sustain. This leads back to my question - why not AP mids in jungle?