Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    I think the fact that he's called 'Jungle Wolf' means he's outside his natural habitat. Otherwise it'd be called 'Wolf' with a jungle in the background.

Bam.
    Here are some wolves in a jungle without the caption 'Jungle Wolf'

Checkmate, atheists.

Deleted
    Riven is a melee carry. Discuss.

Deleted
    If you build glass cannon, I'd say so. But she would be more similar to an AP carry than an AD carry, as in, she doesn't necessarily really on auto attacks to do damage, not on squishies atleast but you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Steroid, check.
    2 damage abilities, check.
    1 "Try to survive because you're a melee carry" ability, check.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    she doesn't necessarily really on auto attacks to do damage, not on squishies atleast but you know.
    Bullshit, you're supposed to weave autohits in your combo. Her passive and R pretty much make her use autohits, not just spells.
    Dunno where this lie came from but Riven is not explicitly an AD Caster.

Confirmed. I play her with attack speed and crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Bullshit, you're supposed to weave autohits in your combo. Her passive and R pretty much make her use autohits, not just spells.
    Dunno where this lie came from but Riven is not explicitly an AD Caster.
    What I meant to say is that she isn't as dependent on auto attack as the other melee carries are like Tryn and Fiora.
    I legitimately laughed.

Deleted
    What I meant to say is that she isn't as dependent on auto attack as the other melee carries are like Tryn and Fiora.
    Try saying that when playing against a Pantheon and getting all your autoattacks blocked. Let's see what your damage is.

I legitimately laughed.
    At your service.

But really, I believe the only reason she isn't played as a carry (the way Tryndamere is, say) is because she'd die too fast without doing much. In addition, her abilities, most notably her shield, all scale with attack damage, which means she relies most on that attribute to deal damage and absorb it. If you didn't need to worry about being killed, carry riven would be your only choice (maybe with a little cooldown reduction thrown in). The way it stands, you have to rely on your level-based attack speed increments to more quickly deliver your combos without wasting Runic Blade stacks.

Deleted
    Try saying that when playing against a Pantheon and getting all your autoattacks blocked. Let's see what your damage is.
    That's one champion out of 120 champions.

Deleted
    Being a carry has nothing to do with building AS and crit. It means a character that relies on items to do more and more consistent damage as the game goes on until it gets to the point where that champion is the biggest threat on a team. I think Riven is a good example of a successful melee carry and I don't know why Riot insists that they don't work.

Being a carry has nothing to do with building AS and crit. It means a character that relies on items to do more and more consistent damage as the game goes on until it gets to the point where that champion is the biggest threat on a team. I think Riven is a good example of a successful melee carry and I don't know why Riot insists that they don't work.
    When you said 'Riven is a melee carry' I assumed you meant you built her the way you typically build ranged carries. If you instead mean what I've quoted, then I'm not sure which builds but those that allow her to 'carry' you can choose from - how else can you play Riven?

Deleted
    That's one champion out of 120 champions.
    I mean that if you can't autohit, your damage is shit. (like with Pantheon)
    Which means that autoattacking on Riven is one hell of a big deal.

Deleted
    I mean that if you can't autohit, your damage is shit. (like with Pantheon)
    Which means that autoattacking on Riven is one hell of a big deal.
    Yes, I know that, but let's pretend that no one can auto attack. Riven would probably the one of the champions that would still deal quite the damage without the auto attacks.

She is dependent on auto attacks yes, but her damage as a whole doesn't come from auto attacks only, not like Fiora(probably a bad example here) or Tryn atleast. That's what I'm trying to say.

Deleted
    Yes, I know that, but let's pretend that no one can auto attack. Riven would probably the one of the champions that would still deal quite the damage without the auto attacks.

She is dependent on auto attacks yes, but her damage as a whole doesn't come from auto attacks only, not like Fiora(probably a bad example here) or Tryn atleast. That's what I'm trying to say.
    Sure she's not as autohit dependant as a pure autoattacker, but being an AD Carry doesn't mean you can only autohit. Ezreal uses mostly spells to deal damage and he's labelled "AD Carry" as well.

Riven = Melee Ezreal if you look at it like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure she's not as autohit dependant as a pure autoattacker, but being an AD Carry doesn't mean you can only autohit. Ezreal uses mostly spells to deal damage and he's labelled "AD Carry" as well.

Riven = Melee Ezreal if you look at it like that.
    She is too easy to shut down on lane (from my experience). And if she won't snowball - she ends being a useless bruiser who depends on her E to stay alive (if she builds no defense like health, armor, MR). I think her ult is very good in teamfights even if she builds full-tank (AoE version of Garens ult).
    Overall, i've seen her "carrying" the game when:
    1) Stackable health item still existed
    2) Enemy team health drops fast in start of teamfight, so she can 1-shot at least someone
    3) She gets fed on her line (which happens a lot less often than it was when i was leveling my account)
    4) No silence or disruption from enemy team (Alistar hurts her SO hard, she has no gap-closers outside of Q+E, and if she uses it to move the distance created by headbutt she loses big chunk of her damage)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    You're forgetting that even if she's not fed, she brings a LOT of disruption to team fights for her team. A Riven engaging your back line from the side even when she's not fed is still pretty nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    She is too easy to shut down on lane (from my experience)
    I wish that were the case in my experience. Every Riven I have ever played with wins her lane, whether ally or enemy (during the 250g red elixir era). Nowadays, I don't see her around much.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    You're forgetting that even if she's not fed, she brings a LOT of disruption to team fights for her team. A Riven engaging your back line from the side even when she's not fed is still pretty nasty.
    If she isn't 'fed', she won't normally last long on the front line.

Deleted
    So, EUW down ... again?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, EUW down ... again?
    Don't think so, I'm in. Try a few times when it closes your client.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, EUW down ... again?
    Why are you acting surprised? It's EUW.