Just lost a dominion vs BEGINNER BOTS because of an AFK and the fact that my team decided it wanted to STICK TO ME LIKE GLUE.

Oh, when I say lost, I mean "Be up 2-1 as the fiddle bot takes an objective to win"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I seriously hope you mean 820. I can't imagine buying a mark for 8600 IP!
    Nah, i bet he want's to have IP to buy Luci when he will be released, so when he dings to 8600, he buys mark for 820 and drops to 7780

- - - Updated - - -

Yay, corki penta. Sheen > Triforce > AS Boots > Occult blade > Soulstealer > Rageblade > Zephyr. I think it's because lucky Blitz hooks and enemy Draven not knowing about burst damage Corki capable to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Nah, i bet he want's to have IP to buy Luci when he will be released, so when he dings to 8600, he buys mark for 820 and drops to 7780
    Yup, exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Hey guys, before i thought elo hell was bullshit term made up by baddies to explain why they suck. But i'm not so sure anymore.
    My friend was bronze 4 and i played on his account for about a week and brought it to silver v, and now he's mostly winning in silver, he's reached silver 4 already, and before in bronze 4 he mostly losing.

Does elo hell actually exist?!?
    I don't think it necessarily exists but it is pretty prevalent for things like that. Especially a bronze four or bronze three player that maybe should be in silver four or three. A gold/platinum/diamond player will be able to carry their whole team out of bronze, not so much for someone that is supposed to be in silver four. That typically means that the impact of an AFK or someone completely feeding can just throw off the game so much. It seems like a lot of bronze games are decided by which team doesn't have an AFK or leaver or which team doesn't have someone 0/10 at the 20 minute mark. Very rarely does a bronze game in my experience go 5/5 with a relatively balanced game throughout and a close ending as opposed to just one person completely snowballing their lane or an AFK/leaver.

I know from personal experience I've had an eight game win streak through a promotion and then the next six games were losses with four of the six being afks on my team and I'm right back to the previous division. Unless I have the ability to carry hard enough to win a 4v5 I can't do anything about losing those types of games which I think has the elo hell kind of feeling. The streakiness of getting lucky with no AFKs on your team seems to be prevalent in bronze and I doubt it occurs as often in other leagues that have more players filtered out.

Deleted
    Played 4 games in Platinum 3 so far.

I'm in promotion for Platinum 2.

l0l.

GAH I want to play ranked already. I'm tired of going like 15/8/X as Karthus.

Only 6 more levels...

Unless you already have a level 30 account and have experience playing ranked, I wouldn't enter ranked right away, if I were you.

Level 30 games are a whole other ballgame. Even if you have good mechanical skills, you still need experience. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Unless you already have a level 30 account and have experience playing ranked, I wouldn't enter ranked right away, if I were you.

Level 30 games are a whole other ballgame. Even if you have good mechanical skills, you still need experience. No offense.
    I second this.

You often hear about people who went into ranked as soon as they hit 30, and just ended up losing most of their placement matches.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2013-08-19 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Don't forget runes. They make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Don't forget runes. They make a huge difference.
    Been doing runes as I go. I've only bought a few champs. I'm probably going to main Karthus and use Orianna sometimes as well. As far as runes, I'm already full T3 runes in every unlocked slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Been doing runes as I go. I've only bought a few champs. I'm probably going to main Karthus and use Orianna sometimes as well. As far as runes, I'm already full T3 runes in every unlocked slot.
    Mid is probably the most wanted spot; especially at low elo - so unless you're lucky enough to be first pick, a lot of the time you're not going to get mid. You'll need some champs and rune pages for several other roles as well, one of those being support - which last pick will very frequently have to play.

I'll say this though; maining a champ or two is a good start. If you're skilled at a few particular champions, you'll be doing much better since you're used to them.

Also, you don't need as many different runes if you only play a specific pool of champions.

Just be prepared for a tough time if you jump straight into ranked. Because I've never heard of anyone who did well doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Mid is probably the most wanted spot; especially at low elo - so unless you're lucky enough to be first pick, a lot of the time you're not going to get mid. You'll need some champs and rune pages for several other roles as well, one of those being support - which last pick will very frequently have to play.
    I've been working on Nunu jungle a lot lately and I can support Orianna fairly well. Top and ADC are really my worst spots right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I'll say this though; maining a champ or two is a good start. If you're skilled at a few particular champions, you'll be doing much better since you're used to them.

Also, you don't need as many different runes if you only play a specific pool of champions.

Just be prepared for a tough time if you jump straight into ranked. Because I've never heard of anyone who did well doing that.

Yeah.
    And the most horrible situation for beginners in ranked is:
    1: mid
    2: top or mid
    3: bot with 4
    4: bot
    and you don't even have any decent jungle character or decent runes for jungle character
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

Yeah.
    And the most horrible situation for beginners in ranked is:
    1: mid
    2: top or mid
    3: bot with 4
    4: bot
    and you don't even have any decent jungle character or decent runes for jungle character
    Yeah I'm working on finishing up my Karthus rune page (which is really similar to my Orianna rune page, in all honesty) then getting a Nunu tankjungle rune page.

How viable is Soraka support in lower ranked games anyway? I'm decent with her and I'm curious if it'd be worthwhile practicing her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm working on finishing up my Karthus rune page (which is really similar to my Orianna rune page, in all honesty) then getting a Nunu tankjungle rune page.

How viable is Soraka support in lower ranked games anyway? I'm decent with her and I'm curious if it'd be worthwhile practicing her.
    As long as you and your carry are aware that "Soraka healz" is not only "healz" but armor boost and you both can play this out, you'll be fine. Also, remember that damage to shields like barrier applies after armor, so, barrier+Soraka heal can save you from 3-4 enemy ADC attacks. And if he don't know what that yellow shiny circle around you means, your ADC can outdamage him after their all-in

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soraka is perfectly viable for any rating imo. So much of solo q is how the laning phase goes and it's really really hard to lose lane as Soraka + anyone. The sustain is ridiculous and if you're paired with a heavy mana usage champion, their poke becomes just insane. When I duo, if anyone picks Vayne before us, they're fucked. Soraka / Caitlyn just makes Vayne so irrelevant for the first 18 mins of the game that 90% of our games, they don't have a chance to recover. As long as you don't get counter warded via pinks it's really hard to actually die to a gank unless they come from a ridiculous angle. You can really chip away at the other bot lanes hp easily with how much the W heals for as it gets skilled up. The only problem is getting all in'd early by champions with healing reducing abilities but if you just survive it and use your heal after the effect wears off, it's not hard to come out ahead on trades.

She's also really good if your ADC gets counter picked and you just need to get out of the laning phase at least even. Vayne/Soraka isn't that great but if they pick something like Varus/Thresh, Soraka will help Vayne get through a rough early game and we all know how good Vayne is late game. Another good thing is fairly easy gold with the global ult to help your team out of sticky situations. If you're active enough with throwing out as many auto attacks early and silencing often, you'll shake the stereotype that everyone thinks Raka is bad when in reality she is incredible if your goal is to win the lane or worst case scenario, not lose it. Extra 100 armour+heal will do wonders in team fights plus the teamwide heal and 2 second silence isn't half bad either. If the fight goes long enough, you can strip them of a bunch of magic resistance too which while not gamebreaking, it makes a difference.

Just don't be one of those terrible support Soraka players who just sits in the bushes and heals every 20 seconds. Throw as many bananas (auto attack them) as you can without overextending, weave usage of Infuse (E) between the other team and pumping your ADC with mana, use ult to help teammates + pick up assists with it. Keep the Tri Bush and Dragon/River warded and you'll be pretty much immune to ganks, if they pink either - counter pink their ward or make sure you get vision somehow of their jungler coming through either of those areas. (if tri is pinked, ward their wraiths so you see their jungler head towards bot, if dragon gets pinked just ward in the river bush by your lane). If you do all of that and just don't get caught, you'll win lane a lot.

Sigh played 10/0/0 Talon carried this Cait who rushes mercury tread first wtfFFFF, friend elo too low I think.

Umm... Soraka is fine against Karthus or Kat, but why play her when you can play Thresh, Janna, Sona, Nami lol.
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2013-08-20 at 03:42 AM.

Will be missed ~

Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    Sigh played 10/0/0 Talon carried this Cait who rushes mercury tread first wtfFFFF, friend elo too low I think.

Umm... Soraka is fine against Karthus or Kat, but why play her when you can play Thresh, Janna, Sona, Nami lol.
    Well, Soraka does give mana back to the ADC, so any mana-heavy ADC (Ez, Cait) should benefit from Soraka more than they would Janna or Sona. Nami and Thresh are great supports though, but Soraka is really my only support every week because I really don't feel like dropping 4800+ on my least favorite role.

Deleted
    Well, Soraka does give mana back to the ADC, so any mana-heavy ADC (Ez, Cait) should benefit from Soraka more than they would Janna or Sona. Nami and Thresh are great supports though, but Soraka is really my only support every week because I really don't feel like dropping 4800+ on my least favorite role.
    The problem with Soraka is that her damage output is kinda lacking, so you don't really have the option to go very agressive onto someone, or to just try and zone on your own.

I could see it work with an ADC that prefers a passive playstyle, as Soraka gives a lot of sustain (for both health and mana), but especially in Ranked Solo Queue, ADCs often prefer agressive lanes in an attempt to win the lane hard (which can backfire though).

The think with jumping into ranked as soon as you hit 30 is, that first of all some level 30 players will play A LOT better than what you sometimes experience while leveling, you don't have rune setups for all roles (you should have at least generic runepages for ADC, APC and probably support, adding more detailed runepages is always good, such as Lifesteal quints for ADC or some junglers etc.). You also can't really adapt considering your very narrow champion pool. If you start playing ranked, chances are you will have to play top, jungle, adc or support at some point, all roles which you lack experience and practice in (as you mostly play mid, which is probably the most contested role in champion select).

So you have 2 supports that can work, but aren't even considered top supports, you lack experience with those two champions in their role as support, and could get your team into a negative mindset by your lack of champion depth.

It could also happen that you have to ADC or top, roles which you lack even more experience than for supporting, maybe even lack a decent champion pool, so that could get you into trouble too.

Noone of us can stop you from jumping into ranked as soon as you hit 30, as long as you have 16 champions, there is no restriction. But you have 10 placement matches that decide your placement, and performing poorly in those will lead to a low placement, resulting in a lot of work to get to a higher league. It is way easier to practice in normals (both blind and draft are good, even though draft obviously adds elements to the game that might come in useful for ranked, such as counterpicking) and then perform well during your placement matches and get seeded high right from the start. So not only do you save others some maybe not so enjoyable games, you save yourself a lot of time and work by just waiting a bit and practicing against all those level 30s that you will meet in normals.