Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    People who were going to troll pick and go adc bot on a random champ that shouldn't be there will do so regardless of a LFR style.
    But the reason they praise it is because "it's against trolling". That was my point.
    People who play unconventional champs get flamed to shit already the moment they pick their champ and confirm their lane anyway.
    Yes, but now they can at least wait 25 min extra in queue because people don't want to play with them. Isn't. It. Great? ☜(⌒▽⌒)*
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-10-16 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hate these kind of systems in general, it hurts a game more than it helps.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Honestly, if we start making so that every new feature is "bad" because of possibility of trolling and such then no new feature ever should be added because people will always find a way to be dicks.

I think the new queue is interesting, it's in itself, which means it won't replace blind or draft so if you don't want to play it you aren't exactly forced to. If it will have the issues you are pointing out then they will never make it the way to go for ranked like Draft is now. And even if it was popular and well-received I doubt they would change ranked anyway...

Deleted
    What really worries me about this being implemented is that it means they've completely given up on finding some way to "fix" champ select

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    What really worries me about this being implemented is that it means they've completely given up on finding some way to "fix" champ select
    Whats there to fix, though?

Deleted
    The toxicity they've been trying to fix with the player behaviour team for ages? :P

Been playing AD thresh today. Why isn't he played as AD more? Not necessarily ADC, but like AD top lane or something. I can chunk an ADC down to less than half in one swing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The toxicity they've been trying to fix with the player behaviour team for ages? :P
    You mean Riot thinks they can fix player behavior? It's a competitive game, make it so everyone wins or give them "Good Effort" regardless of who wins or loses at the end of a game. Your team wins the game then so does the enemy team.

That solution above is satirical, making a point.
    Hey everyone

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think thats something Riot can fix :P You cant fix people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Every time you say the word "noob" in a game or any variant of it, you get banned for an hour per time you use it effective immediately after the game. We here at Riot want players to be more passive aggressive and actually use their minds when it comes to insulting their own teammates. Most of our playerbase is borderline retarded so passive aggression doesn't exactly follow through with them and they will probably take a lot of what is said as a compliment.

Regards,
    Riot Inc.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    You can't fix people, but you can manipulate them with punishments and incentives. Which is (albeit less forwardly) what they've been trying to do all along. Also, you two didn't even know about the player behaviour team? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 Riot therapy sessions with players.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Been playing AD thresh today. Why isn't he played as AD more? Not necessarily ADC, but like AD top lane or something. I can chunk an ADC down to less than half in one swing.
    Had 1 against us yesterday. Completely destroyed Lee toplane (even though I got Lee first Blood AND second kill in like 2 minutes time). He did more then 1/3rd of my health (playing Shaco) in 1 autoattack.

I used to play Thresh toplane when he came out, was hilariously fun actually. Though since no one and their mother plays him toplane I kinda gave up I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Had 1 against us yesterday. Completely destroyed Lee toplane (even though I got Lee first Blood AND second kill in like 2 minutes time). He did more then 1/3rd of my health (playing Shaco) in 1 autoattack.

I used to play Thresh toplane when he came out, was hilariously fun actually. Though since no one and their mother plays him toplane I kinda gave up I guess.
    I've seen him top lane and he's good, he seems more like a mid pick or something with lack of escapes but seriously thresh is quite good in a solo lane. I'd bet my life on it that if a pro player played him in a solo lane he would be played there in solo queue.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    LFR worked out so well for WoW
    It did. It stemmed the outbound flow of subs for a little while at least because suddenly everyone had access to current content instead of the chosen few in Firelands.

And now raids are a whole lot bigger because they can justify spending ridiculous money on them because everyone can see them.

On Topic: Team Builder for Ranked would be pretty good as it's there where teamwork is critical as you have your rating on the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    People do not want to wait a long time for a game, having support in a game is going to be like other games where nobody plays one role, if that role is required to enter the dungeon/raid/whatever the queue times will skyrocket unless you play that role, in which most cases it will be instant.
    A good incentive to play other roles, a criticism from someone else said you shouldn't be able to just spam your favourite lane and champion.

People can troll even if they use this system. You can get a midlane ahri, but who says she's actually going mid? What if she just fucks you over and goes bot AD Carry instead? There's nothing that prohibits them from doing things like that ingame.
    That's four easy reports, and you can do that in ranked now, I don't see the difference.

Indifferent people are asked to pick a role. Some people don't feel like picking a specific role, or just prefer playing "what's left". With this system you -have- to choose something beforehand. What if this person is good at any role, but does not excel anywhere? What does he pick? There is no "whatever is left" option to choose from.
    Clearly you'd just play whatever had the shortest queue (Support/Jungle).

People with unconventional picks will be discriminated. If you want to play Karma top or mid, or even Jarvan top/mid, people will think you're crazy (more so with Karma) and choose not to pick you for their team. This makes getting in a game harder than usual
    It's better not get in a game with a champion that the rest of the team doesn't want, than you call your lane, pick your champion and then force someone to dodge.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Firebert... If only you really looked at the statistics.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    You can only provide a good environment, one that attempts to minimise the amount of trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Oh Firebert... If only you really looked at the statistics.
    Which ones?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    i kinda hope team builder will never hit..

what do when you duo with a friend and both of you want mid or something??

also, forcing you to meta much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    what do when you duo with a friend and both of you want mid or something??
    Start a Team Builder with double Mid?
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    also, forcing you to meta much
    No... it just means you have to wait a little longer for your team to fill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Every time you say the word "noob" in a game or any variant of it, you get banned for an hour per time you use it effective immediately after the game.
    noob replaced with "not pro". :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    what i mean by forcing to meta is that if you would like to play something not normal
    lets say wukong mid or something, then you will instantly get raged on and reported for not playing true mid

also forced to have top / jungle / mid / 2 bot since anything else will take years to get into
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-10-16 at 02:27 PM.