Deleted
    Doing ranked placements for the first time ever and pretty sure im going to end up in bronze. I don't deserve to be bronze though. I was 4-3 in games and now 4-5 due to having THE worst team ive ever had so far vs 2 smurfs, then 1 ahri diamond smurf in the next game. So disheartening.

edit- I take that back... 5-5 placement and silver 4.

(Can any1 tell me why my friend who got 5-5 ended up bronze 5?)
    Last edited by mmocfcc53be431; 2014-05-22 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    As far as I know, the "best" build is getting Cleaver and Last Whisper early, then either going for some tanky stuff or getting a BT/Hydra. So your build sounds fine except for the lack of LW.
    I always rush Tiamat on bruisers top ("always"), to get faster farm, as its more reliable to have 300 farm than perhaps a few kills and assists. (And pushing faster = faster objectives). Well, guess thats my playstyle, though I do clearly notice the early kill potential with Pantheon.
    What items is a recommended start? I usualy go with Dorans Blade + pot, but been thinking about going with the flask for more Q harrass?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Golly gosh! Why isn't Pantheon played more? (Atleast in Silver/early gold), I decimate anyone early game and just snowball out of control within the first 10 minutes. All I have to do is poke a few times with Q before I go all in with an ignite, such a simple champion (As long as I dont cancel E or R by moving <.<) And the early tower dive potential is also pretty great.

Now however, I buid him with Tiamat - Brutalizer - Hydra - The Black Cleaver - GA - Then either tanky or even more dmg, depends where we stand and how fast my team can react to me jumping in and killing of a few people before I die.
    The thing is, I got no clue how to build him, or if this is even the "right way", played 5 games with him thats it. (and screw guides, they all got different opinions aswell x])
    He isn't played because most people dont wan't to/are afraid to play anything other than the current meta champions. Pantheon is great, he counters a lot of squishy mids, but he falls of hard lategame. Especially if you dont manage to get rolling early. Also he's really good in the jungle atm, so most people like to play him there.

Doing ranked placements for the first time ever and pretty sure im going to end up in bronze. I don't deserve to be bronze though. I was 4-3 in games and now 4-5 due to having THE worst team ive ever had so far vs 2 smurfs, then 1 ahri diamond smurf in the next game. So disheartening.

edit- I take that back... 5-5 placement and silver 4.

(Can any1 tell me why my friend who got 5-5 ended up bronze 5?)
    I think it depends on your normal wins, and what kind of people you were up against in placement matches (rank wise). I could be wrong though, but i think that's how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Why would I go to college to learn LoL? O.o
    the same reason why would you go to learn SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    He isn't played because most people dont wan't to/are afraid to play anything other than the current meta champions. Pantheon is great, he counters a lot of squishy mids, but he fall of hard lategame. Especially if you dont manage to get rolling early. Also he's really good in the jungle atm, so most people like to play him there.
    I think it's more about him being risky due to his assassin nature. If he gets fed, he's godly, but if he gets destroyed, he's absolutely useless.

Tank/bruiser junglers do at least have some utility or tools to help them even when behind, usually. Pantheon has his stun, sure, but if he's behind, he'll get blown up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pantheon isn't to bad late game if you can land his ultimate correctly, there have been a couple of games where it went late and while everything does indeed drop off you build a tad bit tanky later on and attempt a good mandrop and it can make a teamfight trivial.

- - - Updated - - -

So was browing Reddit Gone Wild and well I noticed this on the funniest thread in that section (it's a guy who just posted a selfie basically, not nude at all)

Hey everyone

Is elder lizard actually better now than flare, after the nerfs? Just had a ranked game as shyvana jungle, where the Fizz told me, that it's not worth it to get it anymore. Ended up winning regardless since im a baller and stacked it like a motherfucker.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF is heavy nerfed, but Shyvana isn't
    All challenger games now don't use it, even with junglers who used to use it like Master Yi / Udyr / Panth, they use spirit stone now

Is elder lizard actually better now than flare, after the nerfs? Just had a ranked game as shyvana jungle, where the Fizz told me, that it's not worth it to get it anymore. Ended up winning regardless since im a baller and stacked it like a motherfucker.
    It takes a bit longer to stack now and decreases the amount of time a jungler spends ganking, so in the eyes of your laners it is not a very good item.
    It's great on shyvana because she spends more time in the jungle anyways and has a good clearing speed, so the item is pretty much perfect for her.

It's still better on champs like udyr, yi, xin and shyvana, but I went ad evelynn jungle and carried hard without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes they still play Yi, saw a game where he just appear out of nowhere destroy enemy turrets and leave

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    FF is heavy nerfed, but Shyvana isn't
    All challenger games now don't use it, even with junglers who used to use it like Master Yi / Udyr / Panth, they use spirit stone now
    Well damn. I was really beginning to love phoenix Udyr with flare =/

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It takes a bit longer to stack now and decreases the amount of time a jungler spends ganking, so in the eyes of your laners it is not a very good item.
    It's great on shyvana because she spends more time in the jungle anyways and has a good clearing speed, so the item is pretty much perfect for her.

It's still better on champs like udyr, yi, xin and shyvana, but I went ad evelynn jungle and carried hard without it.
    Shouldve never been built on evelynn to begin with

I think it depends on your normal wins, and what kind of people you were up against in placement matches (rank wise). I could be wrong though, but i think that's how it goes.
    Generally, your first game will be at your normal MMR. If you lose it, you get lower competition. If you win it, you get higher competition. It keeps going like that for the 10 games, but once you start to lose a few games in a row, it zeroes in on that area.

For instance, I was S5 last season. I went 0-7 to start placements, then won my last 3. It stuck me bronze 3. The earlier games in placements have more meaning than the later, I think.

*this is entirely speculation based on observations from me and my friends and Riot never really wants to say the real way they determine placements*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Shouldve never been built on evelynn to begin with
    Evelynn autoattacks people now? Why would anyone think it was good to build on her? The only AP jungler I tried it on was Diana (it worked fairly well in a sustained attack speed build with Nashor's tooth), but building it on Eve would be like building it on Hecarim or something.

- - - Updated - - -

I was playing Shyvana and stole a dragon blind with a rank 1 E... okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Pantheon isn't played anymore because his ultimate was heavily nerfed. It wasn't a bug fix because people can still hit Pantheon before he lands.

It's very easy to throw a CC at Pantheon before he actually comes down. You can even hook him with Thresh if you want.
    Oh, that sucks.. Guess thats why they made a new skin for him then - to get people to play him. Good thing I never bought it! Well, in Silver2-Gold there is nothing but people trying to run away when they see the circle, easiest way to counter attack them is to place the ult over them, they run, I cancel and we push in.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Evelynn autoattacks people now?
    120% Attack speed steroid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Pantheon isn't played anymore because his ultimate was heavily nerfed. It wasn't a bug fix because people can still hit Pantheon before he lands.

It's very easy to throw a CC at Pantheon before he actually comes down. You can even hook him with Thresh if you want.
    Riot has said they are looking into fixing that now that he can no longer queue up spells while landing. That is the only actually change that affected gameplay. The other fix was syncing the visuals with the damage, which always confused me to begin with so I'm glad they finally did it.

Well damn. I was really beginning to love phoenix Udyr with flare =/
    To be fair, Pheonix Udyr shouldn't be building Flare anyway. It's much better on Tiger and Pheonix benefits more from Spirit of the Ancient Golem.

It's not ridiculously powerful anymore, arguably overnerfed, but it's still a legitimate option for junglers who receive little to no benefit from the Spirit Stone line. Shyv is a good example of this. Xin and Aatrox are also good options for the nerfed version of Flare. Both actually stack it faster since they can take advantage of their amazing ganks before it evolves.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2014-05-23 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    To be fair, Pheonix Udyr shouldn't be building Flare anyway. It's much better on Tiger and Pheonix benefits more from Spirit of the Ancient Golem.
    This really true? I can't argue with the results i've had with trick2g's build, going flare,sunfire,frozen heart, spirit visage and trinity force. Crazy damage while'st being tanky as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with Phoenix is that you can build tanky and sustain damage from leveling Phoenix stance. If you go Flare, you should go for Tiger, because it benefits from AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius the Monado View Post
    120% Attack speed steroid.
    Twisted Fate gets 30% AS but you don't see me using many autoattacks with him.

If you're going damage with Eve, you hit and run. You really won't be fighting with autos doing that much of your damage. If you're going tanky, you can AA more, but you need the sustain of a spirit stone item more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Twisted Fate gets 30% AS but you don't see me using many autoattacks with him.

If you're going damage with Eve, you hit and run. You really won't be fighting with autos doing that much of your damage. If you're going tanky, you can AA more, but you need the sustain of a spirit stone item more.
    Still, if it's a 1 on 1 duel, you want to autohit them to win the duel.
    Which is the reason Diamondprox built BotRK on eve a few times, so he could outduel his opponents (shitload of AS).

In any case, I'm just saying that Evelynn has the potential (!) to be an autohit champion, so feral flare/botrk are situationally (!) good.