Tank asking a Disc priest a question.

I use to tank and I remember tanking HM maloriak I use to get a buff from our Priest that said something along the lines of (30% more heals given by priest) and I remember or at least thinking that it stays with me the entire time, though I could be wrong. this was during 4.0.6 but since then I've quit that guild and am on my Shaman and I have a newer priest that doesn't know of that.

You are either thinking Grace or Renewed Hope

10+ Year Old Account
    are you talking about the talent grace? its 8% stacking 3 times. if hes specced into it, most healing spells benefit from it.

It's called Grace:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47517/grace

It stacks to 3, for a total of 24% healing, and has a limited duration.

thanks guys for the answer

the bigger concern is that you have a disc priest that doesnt know what grace is.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    the bigger concern is that you have a disc priest that doesnt know what grace is.
    It might be a case that since the OP thought it was a buff the disc priest did not know of any such buff in the sense that he can cast it on someone. Most people don't really think about passive buff's that get cast when they cast other spells. Most priests and shamans either couldn't tell you the name, recall, or know what Inspiration or Ancestral Healing, but they'll always take it and have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It might be a case that since the OP thought it was a buff the disc priest did not know of any such buff in the sense that he can cast it on someone. Most people don't really think about passive buff's that get cast when they cast other spells. Most priests and shamans either couldn't tell you the name, recall, or know what Inspiration or Ancestral Healing, but they'll always take it and have it.
    I retired my Warrior and now play a Resto Shaman, and yes I know what Ancestral Healing is. Reason why I asked him this is because I didn't know if he was applying it and I figured it was something like that of my Earth Shield. He did say Grace at first but it didn't state anything that made me think it was that until someone mentioned it in here about it stacking, but he says he uses it all the time and he thinks it can be stacked with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I retired my Warrior and now play a Resto Shaman, and yes I know what Ancestral Healing is. Reason why I asked him this is because I didn't know if he was applying it and I figured it was something like that of my Earth Shield. He did say Grace at first but it didn't state anything that made me think it was that until someone mentioned it in here about it stacking, but he says he uses it all the time and he thinks it can be stacked with other players.
    Not sure about stacking with others, I went back to Holy this expansion never cared much for Disc but it was be Disc or die last expansion . My comment was more geared towards the one I quoted about your Disc priest not knowing what grace is. As most people don't know what "passive" buffs they grant others with most of the time.

What about Pain Suppression? It's the only thing I can think of that could be macro'd to message a player when cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Belschik View Post
    What about Pain Suppression? It's the only thing I can think of that could be macro'd to message a player when cast.
    I don't think the OP got a macro message for Grace (or that it's even feasible to make one, since it requires 3 casts), but instead noticed the buff popping up on him. If it was a macro message for PS, it would have been easy enough for him to identify because it'd tell him what the buff is anyway, so he wouldn't have asked on the priest forum. =)

If the disc priest was tank healing you on H Maloriak, then yeah, Grace would be up almost the entire time (compared to other fights where the same disc priest may not be so focused on tanks or have chances to help with raid).

And I have to agree, it's easy to just forget what some of the more passive bonuses/buffs you get in your spec are called. If micromanaging them isn't utterly vital to a particular fight, they're just sorta there, even if they're important. Just cause they forget it's called Grace doesn't mean they're that fail.
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-06-05 at 10:16 AM.