Deleted

Need a little bit of help

Hello there!

I need a little bit of advice, I can pull some pretty decent damage on my preist 14k on training dummys and around 18-19k in raids,

But i have noticed that people less geard than myself are still managing to pull more dps than me, so i must be doing something wrong,

Here is my preist: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/oriahna/advanced

My rotation: VT > SWP > DP > Shadowfeind > Mindflay > Archangel > (Keeping Dots up and using gloves on cd) > MInd Blasting on 3 orbs

Wouldn't mind any advice you guys can give, it will be taken onboard and appreciated

Cheers

Stat priority: Int/SP > Haste > Spirit/Hit > Crit > Mastery

Reforges:
    Cloak: Crit to Spi
    Band of Secret Names: Crit to Spi
    Incineratus: Crit to Spi
    Belt: Mast to Haste

Enchants:
    -Change boots to 50 haste or to Lavawalker. I'd recommend 50 haste (mastery sucks, you shouldn't be dying from movement), but it's still preference.
    -Change bracers to 65 haste or 50 int unless you know for sure you're gonna get the BiS stuff next (like, the healers have it already, no question you're next). It's expensive, but nice.

As for spells, your opening doesn't matter as much, so don't worry about that having to somehow be perfect. What matters is DoT uptime (timing your refreshes) and ES uptime (to keep your DoTs strong).

Use MB on CD whenever ES has more than 6.5 seconds (enough time to cast it with an orb when off CD to keep ES up), regardless of the number of orbs. If ES drops in less than 6.5 seconds, cast it with at least one orb so you don't lose ES. MB with one orb is > damage than MF, and the scaling between orbs is not high enough in this tier for stacking them to matter yet. As we get more mastery in later tiers, that may change, but waiting for more than 1 orb isn't a concern so far.

Are there any fights in particular you're falling behind on? What classes/specs are outdoing you? Is it 10 or 25 man? Do you get DI from a lock? etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    Stat priority: Int/SP > Haste > Spirit/Hit > Crit > Mastery

Reforges:
    Cloak: Crit to Spi
    Band of Secret Names: Crit to Spi
    Incineratus: Crit to Spi
    Belt: Mast to Haste

Enchants:
    -Change boots to 50 haste or to Lavawalker. I'd recommend 50 haste (mastery sucks, you shouldn't be dying from movement), but it's still preference.
    -Change bracers to 65 haste or 50 int unless you know for sure you're gonna get the BiS stuff next (like, the healers have it already, no question you're next). It's expensive, but nice.

As for spells, your opening doesn't matter as much, so don't worry about that having to somehow be perfect. What matters is DoT uptime (timing your refreshes) and ES uptime (to keep your DoTs strong).

Use MB on CD whenever ES has more than 6.5 seconds (enough time to cast it with an orb when off CD to keep ES up), regardless of the number of orbs. If ES drops in less than 6.5 seconds, cast it with at least one orb so you don't lose ES. MB with one orb is > damage than MF, and the scaling between orbs is not high enough in this tier for stacking them to matter yet. As we get more mastery in later tiers, that may change, but waiting for more than 1 orb isn't a concern so far.

Are there any fights in particular you're falling behind on? What classes/specs are outdoing you? Is it 10 or 25 man? Do you get DI from a lock? etc.
    Thankyou very much! iv'e found out what it was, i wasn't keeping ES up which is obviously a massive DPS loss, do you know of any addon which would make this easier to optimize?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veranaas View Post
    Thankyou very much! iv'e found out what it was, i wasn't keeping ES up which is obviously a massive DPS loss, do you know of any addon which would make this easier to optimize?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Power Auras?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    if you are having trouble with powerauras you could use this for showing your shadow orbs

Version:4.20; b:0; anim1:4; g:0.8471; icon:spell_priest_shadoworbs; buffname:shadow orb; begin:4; x:-137; stacks:1; texture:54; size:0.29; y:-200; anim2:5; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.LegacySizing:false; stacks.b:0; stacks.g:0.9255; stacks.y:-200; stacks.x:-137; stacks.UseOwnColor:true; stacks.h:2.04
    and this to check you ES buff:

Version:4.20; b:0; anim1:4; g:0.8745; icon:inv_chaos_orb; buffname:Empowered shadow; begin:8; x:137; texture:54; size:0.29; y:-200; anim2:5; timer.b:0; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.g:0.8745; timer.h:1.55; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-200; timer.x:137; timer.UseOwnColor:true