Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Healers...whats your push to talk button?

I'm just curious

I use mouseover healing such as clique+grid and I use ctrl for vent. I'd really like to be able to open up both ctrl & ctrl+shift up to my keybinds.

I tried capslock but I always forget to turn it off and as the 90wpm typer I am I dont even notice what I type until its already in the chat box.

So what push to talk button do you healers use? Maybe you dont use one? How is just the non-push to talk? Is it worth the stress? When I'm on skype with friends I obviously dont use it but we know each other for over 5 years so we can put up with bg noise & such

Mouse 4 (one of the side mouse buttons)

I play on a laptop, so my push to talk is "fn", which is the button on the bottom left corner of the keyboard.

I use ctrl+~, my left hand is always near those two anyway, i use 1 and ctrl+1 for my most used keyboard combo's and use ctrl and shift with vuhdo.

I have tried others but ctrl+~ seems to work best for me, and i prefer 2 buttons for push to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I use ctrl+~, my left hand is always near those two anyway, i use 1 and ctrl+1 for my most used keyboard combo's and use ctrl and shift with vuhdo.

I have tried others but ctrl+~ seems to work best for me, and i prefer 2 buttons for push to talk.
    That seems incredibly awkward if you have to PTT while moving, unless you have another method other than WASD.

I personally used one of the weird little buttons on the top left side of the Naga.

My guild uses skype, so no need for a push to talk button. I just speak. I like it a ton better than when we used vent and I had F3 bound as my push to talk button.

mouse3, character limit etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I just kept it Ctrl, but when it became problematic I believe I also used the Fn key. If you have a keyboard with the "Home" / Windows key that might work well if you can set that up.

Middle mouse button. That's the most convenient button that I've found so far.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

10+ Year Old Account
    i use left shift, haha. sometimes my mic opens when i'm using shift as a hotkey, though.
    archdruid valentyne -- kel'thuzad, us | RP & M+ PVE

The Left ALT key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Left Ctrl. I use a razer naga and mouseover macros to heal though..
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Not using keybind, almost always using skype and in vent I have voice detect thingy which isn't as good as skype's but better than playing with a keybind.

I generally use left-alt, shift and ctrl are both used for keybinds/mouseover stuff. I use a naga mouse though with extra buttons for more options for mouseover macros.

15+ Year Old Account
    ~ button

I had to switch to something else for a while for some reason (I think it was left alt) and I hated the shit out of it.

I got used to ~ and that's what I'm stuck with.

I normally use the grave key.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    The Left ALT key.
    this is what i use, i used to use Left Ctrl, but decided to move it to alt to open up ctrl + whatever to my clique bindings

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    ~

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.