Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

(FIRE MAGE) looking for help/advice

hey guys... i just started doing heroics a couple weeks ago and i just wanted to ask if theres any glaring issues with my gear, gem enchants etc.... im a little low on hit and i feel like my dps should be higher (currently only pulling 16k-ish on most heroic fights)

any and all help would be appreciated ... thx in advance

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sonst/advanced

i also have darkmoon card:volcano and heart of ignacious (heroic) in my bags but im using stump of time for the hit

Quote Originally Posted by Clethius View Post
    i also have darkmoon card:volcano and heart of ignacious (heroic) in my bags
    I don't mean to troll, but how exactly do you have a Heroic Heart of Ignacious without killing Heroic Ascendant Council? I think you might mean Bell from Atramedes.

There is a sticky post at the top of these Mage forums that will answer any questions about Fire itemization and DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um....Your gearing selection is odd to say the least. Also How can you have the Heroic Heart of Ignacious, when you have yet to kill Heroic Ascended Council?

Anyway in terms of gearing, First thing you need to get is the Tier leggings. Four piece is REALLY GOOD for mages. Get the Power Generator Hood from Omnitron. The Helm you have is kindof crap for mages (spirit??). The Valor ring isn't too bad either.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea you guys are right... i mean i have REGULAR heart of ignacious ... my bad

---------- Post added 2011-06-05 at 11:19 AM ----------

the only reason i have the spirit helm is because it dropped off heroic magmaw and its was a stat upgrade over my blue helm :/ crap i know

hey guys... i just started doing heroics a couple weeks ago and i just wanted to ask if theres any glaring issues with my gear, gem enchants etc.... im a little low on hit and i feel like my dps should be higher (currently only pulling 16k-ish on most heroic fights)

any and all help would be appreciated ... thx in advance

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sonst/advanced

i also have darkmoon card:volcano and heart of ignacious (heroic) in my bags but im using stump of time for the hit
    It would go up significantly if you had the 4pc T11 set bonus. 10% haste to fireball is pretty darn good.

Here's all i could come up with:
    1) you have way too much Mastery, try to gear away from it if you get the chance.
    2) get the hit or intellect enchant on your bracer.
    3) Get a Darkmoon Card: Volcano.

That's about it. How come you can do so many heroics but can't kill Al'Akir, or Nefarian? Your character seems weird. Sorry.

Could be his group not running the fights and/or he missed (or ran on an alt) for the kills.

I know my mage is missing an Al'Akir kill (or group did it once, though we ignored the kill until we had cleared BoT and BWD), and we missed a few runs this week so we didn't down Nef (but did HM Halfus and cleared BoT).

Remember that often progression and farm are at the whimsy of the RL or schedule boss.

My toon looks silly with her toilet shoulders - but they're the best I've been able to win from what's dropped so far.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    It would go up significantly if you had the 4pc T11 set bonus. 10% haste to fireball is pretty darn good.

Here's all i could come up with:
    1) you have way too much Mastery, try to gear away from it if you get the chance.
    2) get the hit or intellect enchant on your bracer.
    3) Get a Darkmoon Card: Volcano.

That's about it. How come you can do so many heroics but can't kill Al'Akir, or Nefarian? Your character seems weird. Sorry.
    i have darkmoon card volcano but im currenly not using it because of my lack of hit... as for my heroic boss kills im merely an alt for the main raid team in my guild so i only go when they need me ... havent needed me on those nights yet:/ also my guild just started doing heroics so we dont have too many down yet

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 09:08 PM ----------

so do you think i should switch out the heroic trink from atramedes for darkmoon card? i need stump right now untill i gear for more hit

10+ Year Old Account
    i have darkmoon card volcano but im currenly not using it because of my lack of hit... as for my heroic boss kills im merely an alt for the main raid team in my guild so i only go when they need me ... havent needed me on those nights yet:/ also my guild just started doing heroics so we dont have too many down yet

so do you think i should switch out the heroic trink from atramedes for darkmoon card? i need stump right now untill i gear for more hit

You realize you can reforge into hit right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    If you just love being that guy that purposely, or accidentally carries out the action of "letting them win", roll a shaman, and get a FREE vacation to the Ashran Graveyard with scenic tombstones and a magnificent sunset view of your faction hiding in the bubble as DKS, hunters and Treesus Christ roflstomp your base, and all you have to do is call this number!

I'm kind of in the same fix. I look at it progressively. DMC: V is better than Theralion's Mirror which has 321 intellect on it. Intellect is much more valuable for a fire mage than hit is ( even under the hit cap ). So, if DMC:V is best in slot, it's better than 321 intellect so it HAS to be better than 321 hit. Right? That's the logic i used anyway. I am however at a crossroads with my hit. It's extremely low, but i don't know if there's a threshold for hit. I made a post asking people for help in that regard.

Ahh, that explains it. (your strange kills that is hehe)
    Last edited by Sindy; 2011-06-08 at 01:52 PM.