Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy yourself a good rig and get bf3, it will own Modern warfare 3 anyway.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millor View Post
    buying modern warfare 3...

I seriously hope you guys dont do this. *snip*
    Just because you said that, I'm going to buy two. I'm going to preorder one for the ps3 and one for the PC. Then I'll buy a third and send it to my friend. After that I'll buy a couple more for all of my Brony friends on Mmochamp. Then I'll buy ONE more and send it to my homey Obama and we'll play some MW3 online and kick ass and take names!
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

buying modern warfare 3...

I seriously hope you guys dont do this. Did you see the fucking gameplay trailer? Could a shooter possibly be more stale, I mean damn, Its the exact same thing as MW1 and MW2, just rushed out quicker and having nothing be new about it. If given decent mod tools for MW2 I don't doubt you could pretty easily copy everything from MW3. Not to mention everything is scripted and it will always be the same every time you play it. As with BF3 destroyable buildings will change shit up alot more, buildings that did or didnt fall over wont or will fall over a second time, you can blast through a wall and change your route up from what it was the first play through.
    And yet they both will still be good. I seriously doubt your second time through in BF3 you will go "OH SHIT! Let me blow this OTHER building up!" No, you'll play the game and perform the objectives and possibly blow up some shit along the way and be amazed at the realism. This happening in BF3 will not make MW3 any LESS of a good game.

It's your inability to like two things at once and your wanting to seem cool by picking the "better" of the two and denouncing one against the other. Just face it, they both will be good, do good and no matter which one you play the world will keep on spinning.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-06-07 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    You know whats more overrated then Call of Duty? The hate Call of Duty gets.
    The "Hate" is well deserved.... Ive played EVERY single call of duty game, I played CoD 1 the day it first came out, I played it until CoD2 game out then I played that until CoD4 came out then I played that until that shit MW2 came out....
    I have a right to hate on what they did to the last 2 games... they where complete crap that was made for console and public players only.
    I only play CoD 5 vs 5 aka clan battles and in CoD MW2 and Blackops thats not even possible.... shit maps, retarded perk system, killstreaks etc.
    They destroyed a PERFECT Esport game series and made it into this crap run and gun game that only public players play, sadly thats what has happened to my favorite Esport game series... its sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Laughed at the MW3 gameplay, what kind of boat just happens to have explosives all over it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    And yet they both will still be good. I seriously doubt your second time through in BF3 you will go "OH SHIT! Let me blow this OTHER building up!" No, you'll play the game and perform the objectives and possibly blow up some shit along the way and be amazed at the realism. This happening in BF3 will not make MW3 any LESS of a good game.

It's your inability to like two things at once and your wanting to seem cool by picking the "better" of the two and denouncing one against the other. Just face it, they both will be good, do good and no matter which one the play the world will keep on spinning.
    *I* plan to buy both. For some reason people get into that mindset that you described. The one that "ONE HAS TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER THEY CAN'T BOTH BE GOOD OR THE WORLD WILL EXPLODED!". Its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Laughed at the MW3 gameplay, what kind of boat just happens to have explosives all over it?
    One dropping mines into the harbor, perhaps?

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    *I* plan to buy both. For some reason people get into that mindset that you described. The one that "ONE HAS TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER THEY CAN'T BOTH BE GOOD OR THE WORLD WILL EXPLODED!". Its ridiculous.
    Indeed, I don't understand it. I've got friends who never play FPS games suddenly hating on MW3 and jumping on the 'BF3 is king, CoD is shit' bandwagon. It's shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post

It's your inability to like two things at once and your wanting to seem cool by picking the "better" of the two and denouncing one against the other. Just face it, they both will be good, do good and no matter which one the play the world will keep on spinning.
    Why would I want to play both when they're both the same game, just that one has better graphics, better sound, better guns and control with them, bigger multiplayer maps, a longer single player, dedicated servers, ffs. There is nothing MW3 does better than BF3, other than being on a smaller scale and easier to understand. CoD is marketing their games towards kids who shouldn't be even playing them. Plus they're giving out all the stat tracking and shit for free that MW3 insists you pay money for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I want to play both when they're both the same game, <snip>
    Yep, a FPS. The similarities stop there. That's like saying Halflife is the same game as Doom or Tekken is the same game as Mortal Combat. Try harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I want to play both when they're both the same game, just that one has better graphics, better sound, better guns and control with them, bigger multiplayer maps, a longer single player, dedicated servers, ffs. There is nothing MW3 does better than BF3, other than being on a smaller scale and easier to understand. CoD is marketing their games towards kids who shouldn't be even playing them. Plus they're giving out all the stat tracking and shit for free that MW3 insists you pay money for.
    Must. resist. posting. pony image.

There, not a pony image.

That's completely your opinion. Stop trying to act as if it's all fact, which it's clearly not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    Must. resist. posting. pony image.

[img]http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/your_opinion.jpg?w=302&h=300[img]

There, not a pony image.
    Failed. and they _are_ the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Yep, a FPS. The similarities stop there. That's like saying Halflife is the same game as Doom or Tekken is the same game as Mortal Combat. Try harder.
    Pretty much the same..

Because they are NOT the same game. All of the things you described are what separate the two games. the genre is the same. Not to mention the stories are different. MW3 will continue and possibly finish up a story from MW2 which I am excited to take part in.

Will BF3 have all of those things you talked about and be a great game? Yes for sure. But those things will NOT make MW3 a bad game. Some people can do this thing called have fun. And they do such a thing in a way that does not need comparison or bandwagoning. They can get two games of the same genre and enjoy them both. I know it's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    You know whats more overrated then Call of Duty? The hate Call of Duty gets.
    This.

I am probably the only one in the world that looks forward to both BF3 AND MW3 at the same time.
    Both games are great in their own way, I generally fire up a cod game to play alone, but if more friends join up I generally suggest BF:BC2 instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Failed. and they _are_ the same game.

Pretty much the same..
    They really aren't. They have completely different stories and gameplay.

What is the same is the fact that they are both fps games.

Call of Duty is only the most popular shooter franchise in the history of.... EVER.
    /equip hipster glasses and initiate hate. That's the cool thing to do right?

Seriously, MW3 looks fucking awesome. BF3 does as well. I'll play both, but I'm more excited about MW3. Haters gonna hate, it'll still outsell Black Ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    stop trolling OP pls, u cant even hear guns sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Imbasawrus View Post
    This.

I am probably the only one in the world that looks forward to both BF3 AND MW3 at the same time.
    Both games are great in their own way, I generally fire up a cod game to play alone, but if more friends join up I generally suggest BF:BC2 instead.
    I'm looking forward to both aswell. I'll be getting MW3 first, and then BF3 a month or so later. Whilst I do enjoy the BF series, there's just something about CoD that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account

Nope. I'm right there with you.

But hey: The 300 is basically the same movie as LOTR (they both have guys killing other guys with swords), so one must suck and I have no reason to see it.

This.

Youre not alone. I'm looking forward to both.