Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    The question is this; did the CTA actually lower the DPS queue times enough to compensate for the fact that DPS will never even see a satchel? Since that was the stated purpose of having the satchel. Honestly, I wouldn't know, since I would never queue for dps without a full guild run, if I ever decided to DPS. I'm just curious as to whether this dangling carrot is effective or not.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

I gotta comment on this again... cause I must not have been pugging it alone as a healer often enough to know exactly wtf ppl were talking about. But MAN, it sucks. I mean it really sucks. I get more good groups, or at least NICE groups, than bad ones... but when that bad one hits it's just AWFUL. Had a tank today that just had NO CLUE how to hold agro on anything at all, or even try. It was a guild group of 3 ppl, the dps was just bad, and by the time we got to the last boss we had 4 ppl drop out of that third dps spot. I had to bust my ass to keep ppl up and get through that stupid (normally easy) dungeon. When the tank pulled 2 groups in a row (badly) and then ran into a third group with noone even in the guy's range... let alone me, the healer, who had no mana... AND one of his guildies was dead and being rezzed by the druid that just walked in... when he DIED and I said dude you gotta pull better than that. Guy says, no you just suck, STFU and heal. If we weren't at the last boss, I would have dropped, but not going to go through all that for NOTHING even if it is just a bag with some gold and a str pot that I don't need.

I don't remember getting a group pre-LFG being bad enough to warrant the system as it is now... Anonymous people with the liberty to be complete asshats because there are absolutely NO consequences for acting like that... it's just a miserable experience. That and the queue times still suck, so wtf was it all for again?

I just want to echo the post above by Taygete.

There are good groups out there, but the bad ones, oh my, they really ruin it for everyone. Their gear is fine, but they play poorly, and it is frustrating. The bag's reward does not come anywhere close to reimbursement.

Deleted
    It's not enough of an incentive to queue tank over heal spec.

Really depends on how much gold you in general, for a tank with maybe 1000g in his back pocket it's a good incentive to keep at it.

yes - The message you have entered is too short

For me they can be worth it. I would normally just pvp but if I can get a healer queue I'll pop onto my hpal and carry some new 85s. Not even fully raid geared and I can keep the baddies from dying though sometimes I just let them die if they don't learn their lesson. I can only use glyphed hand of salv so many times.

For all the grief most people gave wrath heroics i kept running them even in heroic icc 25 gear. There was just something great about plowing through a heroic in 7min without ever stopping to give strats or cc. I liked easy heroics in wrath and i wanted easy heroics in cata. It's not like the people who were bad then are any less bad now, they just stick out more.

Amazed at how people want everything for nothing ... nothing more to say except you do not deserve anything special for playing a certain role in a lol dugeon

I play both roles in heroics .. I really don't see why would I deserve more than the rest when tanking, boa or otherwise.
    If people want to tank, ok cool, if they don't want to fine, I'm sure there are people who actually enjoy it and don't do it for stupid rewards and I'll eventually find some to run 7 heroics a week.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2011-06-20 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    What item reward would make you want to queue over and over?
    Extra Valor points

The satchel I sometimes get for healing is an added bonus. I'm an enchanter/tailor on my main so as long as we don't die I get decent gold, plus it's like other people do the farming for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Amazed at how people want everything for nothing ... nothing more to say except you do not deserve anything special for playing a certain role in a lol dugeon

I play both roles in heroics .. I really don't see why would I deserve more than the rest when tanking.
    Supply and demand. It really is that simple. It's all well and good that YOU have no problem waiting 30-40 minutes every time you queue as a DPS, but most people would like to see those queue times shorter. I am one of those people, and I have no problem seeing tanks receiving extra rewards if it encourages more of them to sign up and shorten those queues. It's not about tanks expecting more, it's about them deserving more because the supply of them is low, and the demand is high. Stop trying to make it into an "us vs. the tanks" issue, when it's a simple economics issue.

With that said, I do have a tank, and no, the current rewards are still not enough for me to ever queue for LFD with him. Tanks are routinely expected to be the most knowledgeable, the best prepared, and the best geared players in the dungeon. It is not a harder role per se, but it is the role with the most demands regularly placed on it. This is why most people don't want the job. If I show up to a dungeon with my DPS and do mediocre damage, and don't pull any extra mobs, that is all that is expected of me. It's not like that for a tank. If a tank loses aggro on 1 mob, if he messes up one pull, if he marks the wrong target, if he doesn't taunt off the dps that is pulling his own mobs, if he even stops for 10 seconds the answer the phone, he instantly has to listen to the whole group whine. I don't know what the reward would be that would be adequate to make me put up with that again, but I do know DPS have no one but themselves to blame for the long queues.

The random chance of getting something out of the satchel is not enough for me to tank on my main who does not need the gear, but on an alt that needs gear still its a nice bonus.

The satchel is definitely a nice incentive for me to take the risk of tanking for a full-random group of players who, in all likelihood, will be terrible.

I hope mostly for good gold drops, mounts, and companion pets - and I've been lucky enough to get a few rare pets already. However, no mounts yet =(

every so often i get a pet i can sell on the AH for 5k..

so its worth it to me

Deleted
    Stupid bag of useless crap doesn't make me queue as a tank or healer more than I would normally.
    I just queue when I feel like tanking/healing and if that particular run turns out to be successful - well, I might queue up again. If Blizzard thinks, that with crappy rewards they solve the problem - they are reeeaaaaly wrong.

I got the Blue proto drake my 2nd satchel. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrised View Post
    [...] 3 times in a row.
    You shouldn't expect more then one mount every 50 satchels. Getting some gems (4.2 coming soon) in addition to a large amount of gold doesn't hurt, or?

Quote Originally Posted by Korchinks View Post
    Tanks shortages and also quality of tanks still doing dungeons will not be cured by whats in the bag - a radical change to relieve 'dungeon boredom' (like removing half the trash and reducing the group size of each mob' would be more useful, as well as a better way to align the grps ilvl with that of the tank (so a tank in pvp and greens gets a similar group).
    I guess their philosophy is something like: "A tank in pvp/greens might need a way better geared group so they can carry him while a better geared tank can work with less." Regarding that less trash idea they drastically change how CC work in dungeons, then i can just hibernate one mob while rooting another all by myself on my Feral and don't have to wait until a DD is willing to finally CC. And vice versa it's the same, i can just pick a mob, mark and cc it while my tank can still decide when to engage that pack.

I have stopped now, the bags arent enough for me, though 1 of the dk's in my guild has got 3 mounts in the past week from the bags.

As for the question of the DPS que's, its actually got worse, ques are now at 30mins +

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a microscopic guild and my buddies are typically not on when I'm on, so I'm almost completely at the mercy of LFD.

My experience: Groups are typically decent; some are very good, and there are a few bad apples here and there. I find that there more good groups than bad; the LFD ZA runs that I've been in always get 2 timers, often get 3, and I've had a couple get 4 (healing or tanking).

As far as the OP's question - no, the satchel isn't enough for me. I have 4 well-enough geared tanks (357-359.. I raid some, PuG style, and pugs on my server don't do hard modes.... it's enough if you can get past V&T for a lot of them), a 359 hunter, and now a resto shaman. I can get fast LFD runs obviously on the tanks, and when the CtA first came out I did run a couple extras just to check it out. My conclusion - it doesn't change anything. I'll tank a run if I think I need something, but otherwise the satchel doesn't make any difference to me.

the rewards are terrible. finishing a 2 hour long ZA i managed to get my 3rd "Black kingsnake" pet.. gee that was really worth the 2 silver. if a groups bad ill drop before the first boss pretty much.

had a pally healer demand the other paladin keep ret aura on so we finish the run faster..