15+ Year Old Account

Could it be.....

So say you've raided all the content to date so far. all geared out in your best in slot items. you're all happy and stuff for being geared as well as you are, but also in the back your mind, you're thinking ok so what do i do with all this gear i have? the only thing that your gear helps you with is the next tier of content.

but lets say you ended up very lucky and got all the items within the first month or 2 of the next content. you have roughly 3-5 months of sitting on that gear with nothing to really use it for.

so thats my question, you work so hard to get the gear, but you really dont have anything to use it for other then the next content that replaces all that gear again. could that possibly be a problem why people are so bored?

Deleted
    Welcome to mmo's

10+ Year Old Account
    Those people, that you described, are bored because they only raid for gear. Stop. Raid for gear. That cycle continues. People should be raiding for fun.

Yeah...not an exclusive WoW problem...its a general MMO problem

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    Yeah...not an exclusive WoW problem...its a general MMO problem
    It's not a problem with MMOs, it's a problem with its players. They want more more more cool stuff now now now, and it just doesn't work that way. Not to mention the race to the top mentality, then when they get there they're disappointed that there's nothing there but maybe 15 min of fame, then nothing.

I'm fully aware that I'm in a very small minority of the playerbase in my viewpoint on gear. I hate the gear grind, I hate having to constantly replace and upgrade my stuff. Just get a nice new helm? Great! Now enchant it, gem it, reforge it. Oh wait, now that you've done all that, here's a new one a week and a half later... do it again. I'd be perfectly happy getting into an attractive set that I could wear forever, while fully aware that's the OPPOSITE of how this game works. This is especially true when I find myself with a piece I really like, either due to it's cosmetic appearance or some nifty effect/proc it has on it, I always lament replacing it with something boring, but necessary.

Gear to raid, don't raid to gear.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."