Mouse Cursor Drift

So, all of a sudden, the cursor of my mouse begins drifting off on its own. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, right now it's being rather still.

And then just as I start typing this line, it rapidly moves to the top of my screen and drags along to the left.

The mouse is remaining perfectly still.

I haven't found many solutions to this. One suggested going into the Control Panel and unchecking "Mouse Precision" or whatever. Unchecked it, this problem persists.

Has anyone else ever had to deal with a problem like this? WHen I lift the mouse, the Razer Naga, off of the mousepad, this stops entirely.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 04:26 AM ----------

Forgot to mention, I'm currently sweeping my system because I heard this could be a sign of Trojans, and seeing if a new Naga Driver helps at all.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes if you started the computer and happened to bump the mouse the optics consider that movement a 'starting point' of when the mouse is still, similar to how if you started up a ps2 with the analog stick in a certain direction it would start moving in the opposite if it returned to center.

I would try ensuring the pad is clean, the laser is clean i.e. compressed air/microfiber alcohol wipe around the laser on the mouse, unplugging the mouse, then finally restarting the computer.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the drivers for the mouse, restart, reinstall drivers.

If that still doesn't work, try plugging a different mouse in, if it's only with the Naga then the Naga is the issue.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

This mouse is extremely sensitive, with the right mouse pad any table vibration causes it to drift. I have a computer fan i can set on my desk and my mouse will start to drift off the screen.

Look in the bottom of the mouse for a single strand of hair, possibly interfering with the optical/laser sensor.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

You're mouse is extremely sensitive. High levels of vibration like desk fans, loud music, and things like that can cause the mouse to move, even if it doesnt look like it's moving.

Remove any near-by vibration, a fan or PC tower for example.
    Clean the mouse-pad.
    Make sure it's all plugged in properly

And if all else fails, get an Exorcism of your room.

Quote Originally Posted by tr1st4n View Post
    This mouse is extremely sensitive, with the right mouse pad any table vibration causes it to drift. I have a computer fan i can set on my desk and my mouse will start to drift off the screen.
    I don't why this didn't strike me before. Moved my computer table fan and the problem immediately stopped. Thank you!

Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by tr1st4n View Post
    Totally worked. I had a fan on my desk, and once I moved it the mouse stopped drifting! Super sensitive naga.