Poll: Who would win in a fight?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I cannot believe this thread was even made lol this is no contest Bruce Lee would whoop Ali's ass straight up i don't care how big ali is or if hes a boxer have you watched his fights hes not that great

if you want to see a boxer go and watch Rocky Marciano fight now maybe Bruce Lee and Rocky Marciano now that's a discussion not this big pile of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Exactly this. If you think bruce would win, you most likely base your knowledge on fighting on kung fu movies where they can run on rain drops and karate chop through 2x4s by the dozen.

It doesn't work like this. Real life is not a hollywood movie where you can take repeated fists to the face and just carry on. In real life noses crumble, teeth get knocked loose and jaws break. A well directed punch from your average joe will shatter your jaw, upper and lower, and leave you spitting teeth with a concussion - Imagine the assault of punches from a world champion boxer, with no gloves and no mouth guard and no rules. You, me, bruce or anyone at all will not be standing for more than a couple of seconds, and there is a very real possibility that the person would be dead or at the very least unconscious.

And also, size matters. In fights, size matters A LOT. Why else are there weight divisions in fighting sports? Why dont men fight women and seniors fight juniors. Due to the plain and painstakingly obvious fact that size and strength > skill alone.

Yes, Bruce Lee might win if Ali is restricted by silly rules. But then it's not really a fight. I can also beat up a grizzly bear if its just tied up and gagged.

It's actually a little bit frustrating that people just refuse to understand it.

If you think size matters in fights your just bad size does not matter. I kinda lol'ed when i seen this i dont know who you are or how big you are but ill tell you what if i knew these things i would make you my Bitch just for the fact i know im bigger than you and you have no chance in a fight. HERP-A-DERP
    Last edited by Derpadot; 2011-08-05 at 02:24 PM. Reason: I lol'd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpadot View Post
    I cannot believe this thread was even made lol this is no contest Bruce Lee would whoop Ali's ass straight up i don't care how big ali is or if hes a boxer have you watched his fights hes not that great

if you want to see a boxer go and watch Rocky Marciano fight now maybe Bruce Lee and Rocky Marciano now that's a discussion not this big pile of ISH
    i think you might want to engage your wits a little - as stated above Lee himself said that Ali would kill him.

You are in Denial lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarte View Post
    i think you might want to engage your wits a little - as stated above Lee himself said that Ali would kill him.

You are in Denial lol.

I think you need to use a little common sense but eh oh well.

Deleted
    I think you need to use a little common sense but eh oh well.
    /sigh. You just cant swallow your pride and admit you are wrong. oh well

/sigh. You just cant swallow your pride and admit you are wrong. oh well

I guess you never heard of being modest right /sigh no common sense.

Deleted
    I guess you never heard of being modest right /sigh no common sense.
    Your own words would have a whisper in your ear lol

If you think size matters in fights your just bad size does not matter. I kinda lol'ed when i seen this i dont know who you are or how big you are but ill tell you what if i knew these things i would make you my Bitch just for the fact i know im bigger than you and you have no chance in a fight. HERP-A-DERP
    This thread was ended by the man himself.

Hush now.

"Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Sure that's a great quote. But look at all awesome quotes Bruce Lee have pumped out. Philosophies that also crosses the line of fighting.
    Bruce Lee would have won I think. He was insane. Trained in every part of his body, trained in so many arts. Though he himself said "I fear the one who has practiced one kick 1000 times more than one who has practiced them all 10 times" or something like that, which I leave to you to make a conclusion.
    The image at the top is interesting. He probably knows better than me, so I guess Ali might have won. It's hard to believe though
    Last edited by Patchwerk; 2011-08-05 at 02:47 PM.

Your own words would have a whisper in your ear lol

This thread was ended by the man himself.

Hush now.
    I voted for BruceLee so you're wrong! [I hope you see what I did here]

Bruce Lee > Cassius Marcellus Clay
    If the fight is without any rules.
    Bruce Lee < Cassius Marcellus Clay
    If the fight is with boxing rules.

Mike Tyson/Roy Jones JR > Bruce Lee/Cassis
    If there will be a fight.
    Tyson and Roy were the best fighters ever for me, their skill and amazing dodging every punch were incredible. There are no boxers like they these days.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2011-08-05 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meubass View Post
    I voted for BruceLee so you're wrong! [I hope you see what I did here]
    yes I did see, it was ingenious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Exactly this. If you think bruce would win, you most likely base your knowledge on fighting on kung fu movies where they can run on rain drops and karate chop through 2x4s by the dozen.

It doesn't work like this. Real life is not a hollywood movie where you can take repeated fists to the face and just carry on. In real life noses crumble, teeth get knocked loose and jaws break. A well directed punch from your average joe will shatter your jaw, upper and lower, and leave you spitting teeth with a concussion - Imagine the assault of punches from a world champion boxer, with no gloves and no mouth guard and no rules. You, me, bruce or anyone at all will not be standing for more than a couple of seconds, and there is a very real possibility that the person would be dead or at the very least unconscious.

And also, size matters. In fights, size matters A LOT. Why else are there weight divisions in fighting sports? Why dont men fight women and seniors fight juniors. Due to the plain and painstakingly obvious fact that size and strength > skill alone.

Yes, Bruce Lee might win if Ali is restricted by silly rules. But then it's not really a fight. I can also beat up a grizzly bear if its just tied up and gagged.

It's actually a little bit frustrating that people just refuse to understand it.
    You do know that martial arts exist out of hollywood movies too? By that logic every boxer is a hero that loses the first 85% of the match then suddenly gets a boost by thinking about his loved ones, get's up and smashes the other guy in 1 round. They're probably named Rocky too.

In real life pressure points hurt, bones snap etc. You seem to think that Bruce Lee would have no defense at all, have you even seen the speed he achieves? Not to mention most martial arts are mostly build around defense.

Size matters yes, but Bruce Lee is one top trained muscle, which combined with ridiculous speed is one hell of a scary combo.

Really depends upon the first 10-15 secodns of the fight. If Muhammed Ali connects with one big punch, it could be all over for Bruce.

if Bruce can avoid a devastating blow, and close the space and either grapple and/or land some close in kicks/punches of his own he will win.

This reminds me of the early UFC fights (e.g. 1-10) where they'd match different styles and have less technical rules. All the ninjitsu / kung fu stars would lose fast, it was either the huge masses of humantiy (Tank Abbot comes to mind) or the grapplers (Gracies; Taktarov) would would win every match.

Queens rules boxing is an artificiality, designed to bring order and grace to a sport. That still doesn't mean that a single devastating punch from an Ali or a Tyson in his prime wouldn't cripple an asian martial artist.

One of the things I liked about Gracie's brazillian ninjitsu is that it mixes the economy of movement and physical discipline of asian martial arts, with the practicality of brazillian street fighting. Its designed to be the most effective way to take down a stronger opponent while physically protecting yourself. It might result in a 45 min match (where the opponent gets tired) but you win. THis is why UFC rules were changed to rounds... it was boring to watch. Modern UFC moved closer to pit fighting than its original incaranation.

Deleted
    Bruce lee hands down, boxer vs a cross martial artist trained in more then one stance = deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Really depends upon the first 10-15 secodns of the fight. If Muhammed Ali connects with one big punch, it could be all over for Bruce.
    And if Bruce hits with a kick, it would be over :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post

if Bruce can avoid a devastating blow, and close the space and either grapple and/or land some close in kicks/punches of his own he will win.

This reminds me of the early UFC fights (e.g. 1-10) where they'd match different styles and have less technical rules. All the ninjitsu / kung fu stars would lose fast, it was either the huge masses of humantiy (Tank Abbot comes to mind) or the grapplers (Gracies; Taktarov) would would win every match.

Queens rules boxing is an artificiality, designed to bring order and grace to a sport. That still doesn't mean that a single devastating punch from an Ali or a Tyson in his prime wouldn't cripple an asian martial artist.

One of the things I liked about Gracie's brazillian ninjitsu is that it mixes the economy of movement and physical discipline of asian martial arts, with the practicality of brazillian street fighting. Its designed to be the most effective way to take down a stronger opponent while physically protecting yourself. It might result in a 45 min match (where the opponent gets tired) but you win. THis is why UFC rules were changed to rounds... it was boring to watch. Modern UFC moved closer to pit fighting than its original incaranation.
    I loved those early UFC matches. Royce Gracie was amazing (although Personally I thought Rickson was probably a slightly better fighter). I was really lucky to have trained with Royce on a couple of occasions, not actually me and him sparring but I was with the class, and he was a really great guy. Bigger than I thought he would be. I loved the 15 min fight he had with Dan Severn.

Size matters more than you can obviously comprehend. Yes a small guy can beat a large guy, but if you take the same two of equal skill, the large guy can even be weaker and hit alot harder because of body weight. Guess what, there are reasons there are weight classes. Go take a champion in the UFC at the weight of like 130 and put him up against anderson silva. He'll lose it doesn't matter. When you're on equal or almost equal level the fact that you've got even say 40 pounds on a guy is a lot. You can say all you want but you're just going to be as wrong as you were before.

Deleted
    Have any of you even seen the size of ali compared to lee?
    Put it this way if lee could disable alis legs within i dont know 10 seconds or so sure he would win but 1 hit from ali would K.O lee realy the weight diffrence of 100lb's is just so much.
    Lee isnt designed to take hits that hard it would just destroy him if 1 landed even a jab to his body would knock him 5 yards back just because of the force behind the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Why on earth would he break this guys leg when it isn't even an actual fight?
    What broken leg? Also, even bruce says what everybody supporting ali has been saying all along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    What broken leg? Also, even bruce says what everybody supporting ali has been saying all along.
    It's a demonstration, of course he's not going to put force behind that kick. If it wasn't and he actually did put force in that kick he could break your kneecap at the speed of light.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave this here:

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 05:32 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Bruce Lee > Cassius Marcellus Clay
    If the fight is without any rules.
    Bruce Lee < Cassius Marcellus Clay
    If the fight is with boxing rules.

Mike Tyson/Roy Jones JR > Bruce Lee/Cassis
    If there will be a fight.
    Tyson and Roy were the best fighters ever for me, their skill and amazing dodging every punch were incredible. There are no boxers like they these days.
    That's the thing though, why in the fuck would Bruce accept a fight with a professional boxer with boxing rules? Makes no damn sense! It's like a Basketball player accepting a Soccer match against Pele. He will be out of his domain.

The fight should be neutral for both sides, as in standard MMA rules.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2011-08-05 at 06:03 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama