Thread: Battlefield 3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The sad thing is that you'll have to turn all those amazing graphics down to zero for multiplayer... because you can't see shit through all those lightning/dust/smoke effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    The sad thing is that you'll have to turn all those amazing graphics down to zero for multiplayer... because you can't see shit through all those lightning/dust/smoke effects.
    No, the sad thing is people like you do that.

People that turn settings down so they can't see smoke, dust and even high grass and bushes from a distance are just exploiting imo.

Don't play war sim's if you don't want to be in a war environment.

I remember people used to do that in old Rainbow Six games, turn water and grass off so they could see if someone was hiding in them, very cheap tactic.
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-06-08 at 04:23 PM.

Yea, I think they've taken that into consideration. Anything else would be silly.

I love all that dust, sunlight, debri and smoke. It makes the kills you get that much more satisfying.

You guys that turn it off must have some boring gaming experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    I love all that dust, sunlight, debri and smoke. It makes the kills you get that much more satisfying.

I could see in a competitive game that being done but in a random game its just for epeen sake

You didn't play other BF games? They had destructible environments too. Just sayin', it's nothin' new. But yes it's a plus.

Unlike CoD games if some noob is camping behind a wall with his claymore in front of him you don't need to be sneaky..just blow the fucking wall down
    I meant it looks a lot better, seems more of a destruction of buildings, etc.

The thing is you won't get many kills if you can't even see me

I'd prefer to play with full graphics settings myself but it's just not viable if others can turn it off.

I'll have to wait till I get the game myself to see the graphics. Too hard to tell looking at YouTube videos.
    I run Crysis & Crysis 2 on max/ultra, and let me tell you, that's going to be very hard to beat

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait dam it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek92 View Post
    I'll have to wait till I get the game myself to see the graphics. Too hard to tell looking at YouTube videos.
    I run Crysis & Crysis 2 on max/ultra, and let me tell you, that's going to be very hard to beat
    Crysis 2 doesn't even use DirectX 11 atm, BF3 has much better graphics and animations, coming from someone who loves great graphics.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgraded my rig last month because I knew this beast was gonna rick roll my old one (even though it was state of the art like 3 years ago).

Can't wait to sh*t my pants at the awesome details I see in the previews.

DICE, I salute you.

Looks good - It will steal me away from wow if it comes between large patches or an x-pack

BFBC2 pulled me away when wow was slow too haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Crysis 2 doesn't even use DirectX 11 atm, BF3 has much better graphics and animations, coming from someone who loves great graphics.
    ^^^ This

Crysis is an old game, yes it was ahead of its time but there are games with better gfx out now and Crysis 2 is not one of them. Crysis 2 is a pure console port, meaning it does not have dx11 and it's gfx are dumb down because it has to be able to run smoothly on a crapbox 360 and a PS3.

BF3 will be the new standard to beat.

The thing is you won't get many kills if you can't even see me

I'd prefer to play with full graphics settings myself but it's just not viable if others can turn it off.
    If I'm in a BFBC2 game from the start of the round I will be in the top 3 easily and I don't play with my settings turned down so I can see through the INTENDED CONTENT.
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-06-08 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    ^^^ This

Crysis is an old game, yes it was ahead of its time but there are games with better gfx out now and Crysis 2 is not one of them. Crysis 2 is a pure console port, meaning it does not have dx11 and it's gfx are dumb down because it has to be able to run smoothly on a crapbox 360 and a PS3.

BF3 will be the new standard to beat.

If I'm in a BFBC2 game from the start of the round I will be in the top 3 easily and I don't play with my settings turned down so I can see through the INTENDED CONTENT.
    Crysis 2 will be getting DX11 through a patch soon if i remember right, on PC that is.

I agree with you on not disabling graphic settings just to gain an advantage in public multiplayer.

The minimum specs for this game are hinting at the fact your aren't going to be able to turn a lot of this stuff off. So it's either your going to have a decent up-to-date computer (at least built within the last 1-2 years) or your going to be jumping everywhere and not know wth is going on.

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
    Graphics card memory: 1 GB
    Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranic View Post
    The minimum specs for this game are hinting at the fact your aren't going to be able to turn a lot of this stuff off. So it's either your going to have a decent up-to-date computer (at least built within the last 1-2 years) or your going to be jumping everywhere and not know wth is going on.
    Those are recommended, not minimum, and it's all conjecture at this point. No official word has been posted.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And here I was going to make a thread asking what was so special about Battlefield over Call of Duty. I guess I have my answers.

Hope they do make it for console though, I don't have the money/space to invest in a real desktop (or the desk).
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    And here I was going to make a thread asking what was so special about Battlefield over Call of Duty. I guess I have my answers.

Hope they do make it for console though, I don't have the money/space to invest in a real desktop (or the desk).
    OFC it will be for console.

Just not as pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    Those are recommended, not minimum, and it's all conjecture at this point. No official word has been posted.
    Exactly this. Don't believe anything until it comes from DICE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek92 View Post
    I have seen and played Crysis 2 on max settings, and it looks awesome, no doubt, but videos like this make me believe it's not gonna be a competitiion... but I'm sure you've seen it already.
    On a side note, recently played BC2 on max settings on a 40 inch screen, and hell that already looked NEAT.

You didn't play other BF games? They had destructible environments too. Just sayin', it's nothin' new. But yes it's a plus.

Unlike CoD games if some noob is camping behind a wall with his claymore in front of him you don't need to be sneaky..just blow the fucking wall down
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't BC2 the first of them to have destructible environment? (only talking PC games)