Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Sinestra Warlock Advice - Destruction

Hey,

Looking for some tips for those who've done the fight as destruction, specifically ; how does p3 affect us in terms of the buff and which spells/rotation should we focus on.

Thanks,

Ekko

The best way to beat P3 is to go affliction
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    The best way to beat P3 is to go affliction
    Destruction advice asked for. Read title

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    Destruction advice asked for. Read title
    But if aff is much better then the best advise for destruction is to respec

I know you want advice but this spec is not good for this fight at all. Demon/affliction are better suited.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks anyway, I'll check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    Hey,

Looking for some tips for those who've done the fight as destruction, specifically ; how does p3 affect us in terms of the buff and which spells/rotation should we focus on.

Thanks,

Ekko
    If your adamant about playing destro (then good for you choosing a spec you enjoy considering all 3 warlock specs are very close together) then the best advice I can give is make sure you drop as much haste as otherwise in p3 the buff isn't going to GCD cap you very very quick as destro. I don't play destro but once you get to p3 I would test to see how your cast times are looking. Find things like what is your soul fire cast time, is it close enough to 1 second where you would switch that into your filler over incinerate. BoH seems like it could be fairly powerful if your on add duty on this fight, I would imagine that making sure immolate is on all adds before RoF would be optimal, but I don't know that for sure.

No solid numbers on this post just some thoughts on destro. All of the top destro ranks are from like...1-2 months ago I would like to think that if the players that parsed those ranks 2 months ago still played destro the top ranks would be very on par.

Deleted
    You bring an awesome survival tool with the spec : nether protection. Be sure to use it on wracks, mine helped the healers a lot (10H).

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    You bring an awesome survival tool with the spec : nether protection. Be sure to use it on wracks, mine helped the healers a lot (10H).
    Isn't Wrack shadow damage anyway? No need for Nether Protection then Unless it's fire damage of course.

Nether Protection is still superior to Shadow Ward because of the reduced damage taken

That said it really isn't needed for Sinestra

Nether Protection procs from any magic type and reduces the damage from that type by 30%

Nether protection is not needed. You already have 25% (30 glyphed) passive damage reduction, which makes you already take less damage than any other DPS in the raid from breaths. On top of that shadow ward on wracks and you're golden.

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption

I could have sworn it was 25% with the glyph but everyone says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by thaelton View Post
    Nether protection is not needed. You already have 25% (30 glyphed) passive damage reduction, which makes you already take less damage than any other DPS in the raid from breaths. On top of that shadow ward on wracks and you're golden.
    its 20% (25 Glyphed)

Good luck though ive heard alot about destro isnt good for this fight but if i ever get to it as well i will be pushing through with destro.

Deleted
    Well I can keep every Wrack ~18 sec with no problem and its dispelled at 12 on the other players so it's a big advantage.
    And you can dispell yourself with the imp, so you're pretty much independant for your healers.

I've killed it as all three specs on Sinestra 10. A small sample size, but still:

Considering Sinestra DPS only in P3 (no whelpDPS) afflic trumps the other specs by a good margin, while demo slightly outperformed destruction. I found incinerate to be better than SF as I didn't get SF down to 1 sec casttime.

Destro performs just as well (if not better) than demo/afflic during P1 and P2 in addition to the surivability being better. I hold the first Wrack for 24-26 sec with trinket and nether prot and dispell myself, which helps the healing greatly at the end of the wrack cycle.

During progress you probably want to go affliction as most guilds seems to struggle in P3 where you need all the DPS you can get. Jinx is also a pretty neat talent for whelp DPS. That being said, it probably wont make or break anything if you chose to go destruction.

As far as reforging goes, remember the benefit from hasterating gets doubled by the buff (2 * 1.xx * 1.03 * 1.05 where 2=essence, xx=haste from gear, 1.03=DI, 1.05=raidbuff) which greatly help your dots and conflag damage. SimCraft has an override that lets you Sim your character with the essence buff up. Use it to figure out how you should reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt be a bad idea if you have the haste to swap soul fire for your filler instead of incinerate

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Like everyone else said, please don't go destruction. It isn't nearly as viable. The only possible argument I can think of would be you are the only source of replenishment. But then again you have infinite mana for phase 3 and phase 1 and 2 are extremely short in comparison.

Just go affliction or demonology. If you have plenty of heavy single target dps you can go demo and take care of the adds by yourself pretty much and let everyone else get maximum boss uptime.

Or you can go affliction and have much better boss dps and a godly execute and still do good aoe, but will need help with them.

If you go destruction you are going to be gcd capped, get absolutely no use out of Backdraft, and have no execute for burning the end of phase 3 where your dps really matters.

Deleted
    On a side note, what would the tactics and rotation for affliction be in this fight?