Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Firelands Raid Weapons Previews, Ask the Devs / 4.3 Legendary Weapon, Blue Posts

Patch 4.2 - Firelands Raid Weapons Previews
    Some people have been requesting models of Firelands Raid weapons, here is your preview! You can probably expect more content in the next 2 weeks now that we have a release date for the patch forcing me to enter my "OMG HURRY!" mode.

Also, keep in mind that these models might be slightly different in-game, etc ... but most of the time they should be fairly accurate. (And some of them look pretty nice)

Axe_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Axe_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Axe_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Bow_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Bow_2H_Xbow_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Knife_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Knife_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Knife_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_03

Mace_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Mace_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_03

Mace_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_04

Mace_1h_Sulfuron_D_01

Mace_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Mace_2h_Sulfuras_D_01

Offhand_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Offhand_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Polearm_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Shield_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Shield_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_03

Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_04

Stave_2H_Tarecgosa_E_01

Sword_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Sword_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Sword_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_04

Sword_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Thrown_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Wand_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01

Wand_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_02

Reminder - Ask The Devs #9 - Tanking
    The latest Ask the Devs was published a couple of hours ago and focused on tanking, it had a couple of interesting information and you might want to read it.

Among other things, developers hinted at the next legendary weapon to be released in Patch 4.3.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Q: Will we see a tanking Legendary sometime soon? – Pedoso (NA)

A: The tanking community both loves and hates when this question comes up, but it received a lot of votes, so we’ll answer it. The answer is not soon, but probably eventually. The problem with tanking legendaries, of course, is that the shield-users and non-shield-users tank with different weapons. That’s not a deal breaker, but it is a consideration. We could allow the legendary to be transformed from a one-hander to two-hander or we could just design an item for a more narrow audience (such as a shield). The 4.2 legendary has fairly wide appeal, and the 4.3 legendary will have much more narrow appeal. We don’t want to fall into the trap of making legendaries too formulaic.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Making poison buffs permanent
    I remember when I had to mix poisons using reagents, buy different reagents depending on which level of poison I wanted to create, they had charges as well as duration, and they were wiped every time I zoned into or out of an instance... Uphill, in the snow, beset by amorous troggs, both ways.

I think that when we apply poisons (or cast any buff, really) it makes us feel more connected to our characters and what they're about. It would be marginally more convenient to simply cast a buff once (or never cast it at all) and forever benefit from the buff in question, but that's not very interesting or involving. It would also remove a lot of context; your character should be more than just a collection of pixels. What you do in-game should have some meaning; even if it's as simple as tipping a bottle and poisoning a dagger.

Of course, things have become more convenient over time as well, and there may be a time when it makes sense to remove a buff duration. I just wanted to point out that it's not totally pointless, and even the slightly "inconvenient" things play a role in how it feels to play a class.

[...] I think the current system balances a sense of involvement with convenience pretty well. I'd rather be fighting mobs or PvPing than sitting in Ironforge buying bagfuls of reagents to fill my poison bag, but I feel that it's good that I still need to pay a visit to the Shady Dealer now and then. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-06-09 at 07:25 PM.

first? :O first time im first
    OT some of those weapons look effin amazing. WTB the shield XD one of the 2 handers just looks like a slightly upgraded lava spine
    Last edited by Maeraranel; 2011-06-09 at 07:54 AM.

I will put money on that 2H mace dropping from Rag

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerdgasm on weapons!
    And people say that the designers have no imagination...

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty mace and shield for my shammy :3

I wonder where they got that 2h mace skin from..
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

Deleted
    Bastards! - I just got me the legendary 2H Mace last week (Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros), and now they are just gonna implement a bigger and glowing version in this new raid?
    The rest of the weapons look cool though.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol at the legendary staff being the ugliest model up there and the "supposed to be" legendary staff model being one of the coolest looking

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Sexy thrown weapon. The bow and shields aren't half bad either.

Deleted
    Fake sulfaras model!

Deleted
    Awesome, the second 1h axe actually looks like it's made of a metal instead of stone... no wait, looking at the bigger picture it's still stone, false alarm...
    Seriously, though, they look nice, i hope the second shield is the one for tanks

Those shields make me wanna be a warr or pala

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deklol View Post
    I wonder where they got that 2h mace skin from..
    Same place they got the last boss from . Would only make sense that he'd drop it, again, as it is pretty much, his weapon. And 4.3 legendary? They should slow down on these things... I know WotLK had 2 but not right after another >.< unless 4.3 is the last patch, then they add a bootleg 1 boss raid for us to play with till next expansion.

We need a NON-weapon legendary for once.

Deleted
    Nice thrown wep. Daggers look good too, especially 1 & 3 Nice.

Deleted
    2x sulfuras for warri should have style

The tanking legendary's going to wind up being a 1H sword or shield, but the thought that it could wind up being a feral druid weapon is still a possibility. Wouldn't be too out of the question, considering that Burning Crusade ended with a legendary that was only usable by one class (Sori'dal).

Is it just me, or do a lot of those look sort of fuzzy?

And I swear I've seen...
    Sword_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01
    Knife_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_02
    Knife_1H_FirelandsRaid_D_01
    Axe_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_01
    ... somewhere before, but I can't quite put my finger on it. My first thought was back in TBC, but I didn't find anything with a quick look on wowhead.

Deleted
    ^ the bow was usable by some classes, but did not make sense on warriors or rouges... just to carry some stats ^^

OT: i like the two-handed weapons.... but it seems like im going to be a druidtank in 4.2... not a warrior :/