Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Our guild had the same discussion, but we came to the point that DPS was just too weak to kill her in time after essence fades with three healers. So we did it with only two.
    Discpriest and Restoshaman, with disc single dispelling (only after anouncing dispelltargets i (restoshaman) dispelled someone => because it might happen that if you dispell wrack at the same time it doubles 1= 3 => 6 => 12 - which is a wipe ). Just use your raidcooldowns like guardian, warriorshout, tranq, hymne, etc. when it comes to the high ticks of 4 x wrack.
    - Try a pallytank for the whelps, because he can reset after about 60 stacks.
    - Let Tanks pop out CDs on every breath
    - Use CDs for letting wrack tick longer on targets (feral or SP is very nice for that )
    - In P1 dispell like that: 20s [1 Wrack] (with cd) => 18s [2Wracks] (maybe raidwall) => 15s [4 Wracks] => around 10s [8 Wracks]
    - In P3 just dispell like 3 seconds before the breath because this is the critical moment.
    - With 2 Healers you shouldn't use Bloodlust in P1 ... you will do it before 2nd wrack without any problems. Instead use bl when the essence buff fades and burn the last 15% or what you have left.

Both work.

A key feature of using two healers is that you will bring her very low before the buff runs out, but you sacrifice stability.

Three healers add stability, but you will have a harder time with phase 1 and the end of phase 3 with the buff running out earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would defonately recommend 2-healing it. Altough a priest is n1 choice for the dispelling really.

Before, when we 3 healed it, we had a point where we were at 60% boss hp and 1min left on our haste buff.
    But now with 6 dps, we have:

A faster p1. (never second wrack)
    A lightning fast p2. (less than a min)
    Boss at 52% with 95 seconds of haste remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I would defonately recommend 2-healing it. Altough a priest is n1 choice for the dispelling really.

Before, when we 3 healed it, we had a point where we were at 60% boss hp and 1min left on our haste buff.
    But now with 6 dps, we have:

A faster p1. (never second wrack)
    A lightning fast p2. (less than a min)
    Boss at 52% with 95 seconds of haste remaining.
    Recommending 2 or 3-healing depends entirely on the dps though. We bring her to 15% with 3 healers when buff runs out, and it is no problem at all to do 15% without the buff, and never get a second wrack in p1 either. Basically, if you can do p1 without a second wrack every time with 3 healers, 3 healing it probably a safer bet. If you cant, 2 healing it would be recommended. So in short, your dps decides wether you should 2 or 3 heal it. Imo at least.
    Last edited by noaim; 2011-06-16 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just depends on your dps and heals. We 3-heal it and on our kill this week the buff ran out a little under 20%. I died at about 16% and the heals and dps were able to finish the fight with just 1 other death. I'd think that anyone working on Sinestra by now would be fairly strong in dps and heals, but each guild will have their strengths and weaknesses.

I don't see why people emphasize on the 2nd Wrack. You have 25 seconds under the shield in which it does no damage at all. In addition you can dispell the remaining splits early. To us it hardly makes any difference at all if we get 1 or 2 Wracks in P1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokens View Post
    I don't see why people emphasize on the 2nd Wrack. You have 25 seconds under the shield in which it does no damage at all. In addition you can dispell the remaining splits early. To us it hardly makes any difference at all if we get 1 or 2 Wracks in P1.
    This.

The only reason you'd really wanna push p2 quickly is to avoid the 3rd pack of whelps, so you don't have to kill those aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernia View Post
    I think a disc priest would bring some nice utility with barrier, Power Infusion on a DPS caster and smite dps/healing no ?
    We tried to two-heal it without success and now we try it with three with more succes, even though we didn't kill her yet (~10% is our best try).

PI can be nice to help the dps in P1 and P3.
    PW:B can prove difficult to use effectively since people can often be somehow spreaded. I find myself using it on first wrack or to mitigate 3rd breath on couple of wrack targets.
    You forget to mention PS, which is awesome on this fight.
    Mass dispell can be useful to help on the third wrack wave too(4 people) and if you have to dispell a fourth time (i do this sometimes to be safe).
    When I'm under the buff in P3, I try to spam PoH to have as much DA as possible before the breath, which is like a little CD I guess.

I wouldn't recommend Smite spec for this fight since her hitbox is too large. I did take two points in evangelism for P1 though. I do only dps and dispells in P1/P2.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-06-16 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    classes/dispelling. I'd say priests are the "best" due the glyph. Then we have shamans.

Also, when not dispeling, the priest can spam pom + shields/renew on highwrack targets +breath incoming between dispells.

10+ Year Old Account
    We finally got it tonight 2 healing(druid+paladin). Took about 150 attempts T_T.

Really is just about proper dispelling and healer communication depending on what gets thrown at you.

For those having success with 2-healing, do you have a shadow Priest in your raid to help with dispels (if so, at what point of Wrack is he doing his Mass Dispel)? And are you using the Bloodlust effect in P1 or P3? If possible, can you also note down your healers' class/specs? Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    For those having success with 2-healing, do you have a shadow Priest in your raid to help with dispels (if so, at what point of Wrack is he doing his Mass Dispel)? And are you using the Bloodlust effect in P1 or P3? If possible, can you also note down your healers' class/specs? Thanks!
    Had no SP.
    Disc Priest dispelled all wracks
    Restoshaman spammed GHW und Healingrain + some riptide if the damages allows that
    bloodlust after red buffs fades and than burn like hell.

Yesterday we did it with 3 Heal (because Paladin wanted the title ). Wasn't that hard, fighted like 1 Minute without the redbuff, but was okay with 3 heal.

We're working on it with 3 healers. Paladin who has the grid mod is the dispeller.
    Using Pain Suppresion on round 1 … Barrier on round 2 (if I can get at least 1) and then spam POH on raid to heal and build up DA. And we encourage raiders to use personal CD.
    I think we should nail this maybe before 4.2
    At least we start passing phase 1 consistently. Grid mod seems to help a bit.
    Sinestra Wrack Helper mod is nice, but sometimes hard to use in panic moments.
    Whelps raping the tanks seems to be the next thing to look at, DPS tunning.

Deleted
    We killed it this reset with 3 healers, we just found 2 healers to be to random in terms of having to run with orbs right around flamebreath + many wracks

Our paladin and Shaman just each dispelled their own group and the druid was backup if one of them had to run. Other then that we timed Tranq/warr grp last stand/aura mastery around the big breaths + many wracks.

Tank dead's should really not happen it just means they are not using their cooldowns properly. (ofc pala should have beacon on OT)

Took us quite a few attempts, but we tried both 2 and 3 healing, to see what we were most comfortable with. 3 healing won it.

With a spriest 2-manning should be optimal. Ours quit so we're 3-manning it, and it proved pretty successful (got the Awesome achievement on our 3d, my second, kill). But it sure requires good DPS, every single DPS in our group is at 25k+ and most around 30k, with the paladin tank at 20k and the warrior a bit behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    We used Holy Priest / Holy Pala

I was under the impression that Shadow Priests could no longer dispel Wrack. Is this not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    I was under the impression that Shadow Priests could no longer dispel Wrack. Is this not the case?
    Can still single-target dispel, no? Like I said our spriest quit so I'm not sure. But they also heal the raid in p3 for a relatively high amount just by DPSing.

Deleted
    They cant single target dispel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noaim View Post
    Recommending 2 or 3-healing depends entirely on the dps though. We bring her to 15% with 3 healers when buff runs out, and it is no problem at all to do 15% without the buff, and never get a second wrack in p1 either. Basically, if you can do p1 without a second wrack every time with 3 healers, 3 healing it probably a safer bet. If you cant, 2 healing it would be recommended. So in short, your dps decides wether you should 2 or 3 heal it. Imo at least.
    Got her to p2 fine with 3 healers, 2 is just alot smoother. But you surely do have more dps than us if you get her to 15% with when the buff runs out using 5 dps. I think the avg itemlevel of our sinestra team would be around 364, with the lowest being 357 (myself).