Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How is L.A Noire?

Update:

Bought and beat

Best game ever.

Improvements i would add for a second one
    .the side missions being more linked together, less repedative, less random.
    .less drive time
    .side missions not being on the opposite side of the map from the main mission
    .bit more to do between side missions(take about a few min each) and the main story line
    .more customization. 5 suits when i beat the game, didnt cut it.
    .More weaponry. there were like 3 weapons you could use in the game. 5 at the end mission. would love to carry more than a pistol
    .better fight/shooting mechanics. they felt a bit dull.

i know no 1 who made L.A Noires dev team is reading this site, however im sure some people here have gone to their websites forums (alot of sites have these) or disscussion boards.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2011-05-20 at 11:38 PM.

It's amazing. Will get some hate though because its not a GTA clone. If you are expecting GTA but set in the 40s, you'll be disappointed. The game is very much about solving cases and if you like randomly killing people and paying hookers, you wont find it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    It's amazing. Will get some hate though because its not a GTA clone. If you are expecting GTA but set in the 40s, you'll be disappointed. The game is very much about solving cases and if you like randomly killing people and paying hookers, you wont find it here.
    what game would you compare it to if its not gta? i was not expecting to commit crimes since ur a cop i did expect alot of puzzle aspects aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    what game would you compare it to if its not gta? i was not expecting to commit crimes since ur a cop i did expect alot of puzzle aspects aswell.
    There is no game like it really.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no game like it really.
    now i really want to give this game a shot. is it sand box? or is it rail?

Police Quest maybe?
    Anyway it's a good game, not perfect but better than most of the crap that gets put on the market today.

Deleted
    It's a "sandbox" game. That's it's genre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    well this game has offically won me over.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Comparison on graphics between the 360 and PS3, takes a while to load.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...ot-comparison/

Picking up my PS3 copy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    There's not much sandbox though. The world is huge and open but you cant just go out and do whatever you want. You cant pull out your gun in the open, and its pretty much impossible to kill someone out in the open. That's not a downside though because that's not what the game is about.

There's not much sandbox though. The world is huge and open but you cant just go out and do whatever you want. You cant pull out your gun in the open, and its pretty much impossible to kill someone out in the open. That's not a downside though because that's not what the game is about.
    Yea, i hit a pedestrian with a car, started freaking out because I wasnt sure if the game would penalise me or reset my mission because i killed a civilian. Instead they just got up, dusted themselves off and ran away. I was going pretty fast aswell, i was sure he died.

Deleted
    It's not really a sandbox game.

It's more like Mafia and a very plot driven game too.

When I first heard of this game I thought oh joy.. another crappy GTA game. After seeing review, youtube demo's etc I was still unsure. It was actually the gamestop commercials that I started seeing last week that finally convinced me.

So far It's the only Rockstar game that I have truely enjoyed. (Red dead was meh and havn't tried Bully yet though)

Kind of reminds me of one of this casual CSI games that you might see your mother playing, just more indept and less sciencey(on your part atleast).

Like many others, i thought it was going to be a 1940's GTA. However, it really is so much more than that. Albeit, it is a bit slower paced than GTA and RDR, it is still easily my new favorite out of the 3. Would highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To bad its not coming on PC.. I don't care if its a console port (Most are anyways..) I'd really like to play this game, watched a few videos and it looks really really good. Rockstar makes some pretty good games!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Never ever owned a console in my life... but Im thinking of buying a ps3 now just to get this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    When I first heard of this game I thought oh joy.. another crappy GTA game. After seeing review, youtube demo's etc I was still unsure. It was actually the gamestop commercials that I started seeing last week that finally convinced me.

So far It's the only Rockstar game that I have truely enjoyed. (Red dead was meh and havn't tried Bully yet though)

Kind of reminds me of one of this casual CSI games that you might see your mother playing, just more indept and less sciencey(on your part atleast).
    if you like the idea of being a teenage troublemaker who mess with every single clique on the school and in the town then i can recommend bully, i enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    To bad its not coming on PC.. I don't care if its a console port (Most are anyways..) I'd really like to play this game, watched a few videos and it looks really really good. Rockstar makes some pretty good games!
    Give it a bit of time, it will come out on PC I guarentee it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    if you like the idea of being a teenage troublemaker who mess with every single clique on the school and in the town then i can recommend bully, i enjoyed the game.
    Bully was incredible. Or Canis Cadem Edit if you were in the UK.
    Im a big fan of music in games and Bully had one of the best scores of all the R* Games

If i were to say it was the child of two games. i would say mafia II and Heavy rain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaa View Post
    If i were to say it was the child of two games. i would say mafia II and Heavy rain.
    ive heard of mafia not the other

i am very impressed by the facial graphics and the emotion on the characters faces in the commercials the game looks very well done.