Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wii games i should try

Lately iv been wanting to play my wii but all i have for it is super smash bros and mario kart lol so what are some games i should check out. I mostly want to play a zelda game(last one i played was majoras mask on N64) but i dont know what would be the best one, also will the new skyward sword work on Wii or just Wii U?

Edit: I forgot but i also own the first mario galaxy
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-06-09 at 06:49 PM.

Skyward Sword will be released for Wii and Wii U. Its pretty much the same thing that happened with Twilight Princess (GameCube/Wii).

I know I might get bashed for this, but I absolutely have a blast with Just Dance 1/2 and Micheal Jackson: The Experience. I also love Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars, Rune Factory: Frontier, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and Mario Kart.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like any of the Fire Emblem games, the one that came out for wii was pretty fun. If you don't know what Fire Emblem is, it's like a tactics type game with the huge gridded levels and various people that you can use to complete them. I guess google if you need more info about em.

Also: If you like any of the classic Super Mario Bros., then get the New SMB for the wii.

Only Wii Zelda currently out is Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword won't be around until the Holidays. /sadface
    You could nab some older Zelda's on the virtual console.

Monster Hunter Tri, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Brothers, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Rune Factory Frontier (Generally Harvest Moon games are very relaxing if you're into that sort of thing ), Harvest Moon Animal Parade, Kirby's Epic Yarn

I would assume Skyward Sword will work with Wii U, but, not much is known of it yet to make such claims, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Also, since you haven't played Zelda since MM on N64, try out Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess, both good.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-06-09 at 06:53 PM.

New Super Mario Bros. is a must have. Red Steel 2 is actually pretty damn fun too. The Dragonball Z game is surprisingly fun if you watched the series at all.

I just got Donkey Kong Country Returns and it's definitely entertaining so far, not sure if I can pass judgement on it quite yet.

Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and the Mario Galaxy games (in that order) should be a given along with Smash/Mario Kart which you already have.

Muramasa the Demon Blade
    I liked Zelda Twilight Princess so I think its worth checking out

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Skyward Sword will be released for Wii and Wii U.
    Wrong, there's been no statement that Skyward Sword will be released on Wii U. The Zelda game you can test on Wii U at E3 is an alpha stage game, not Skyward Sword.

Oh yes and Super Smash Bros: Brawl. With many many others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Skyward Sword will be released for Wii and Wii U. Its pretty much the same thing that happened with Twilight Princess (GameCube/Wii).
    That's actually not the case, as Wii U will still be 5-12 months away when the game is launched this Holiday - and more importantly, Nintendo has not said such a thing.

Metroid Prime 3 was pretty fun and the Wii controls added to the experience. Obviously Twilight Princess is good as well. That's pretty much all the "good" games I own on the Wii - there are more (Super Mario Galaxy for example, according to a lot of people) but I can't comment on them.

Once you play the Zelda and Mario games, you've pretty much gotten everything out of your wii

I actually picked up the new kirby, its clearly aimed at little kids but i really enjoyed playing through it anyway. Some of the physics and levels were very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg View Post
    That's actually not the case, as Wii U will still be 5-12 months away when the game is launched this Holiday - and more importantly, Nintendo has not said such a thing.

Metroid Prime 3 was pretty fun and the Wii controls added to the experience. Obviously Twilight Princess is good as well. That's pretty much all the "good" games I own on the Wii - there are more (Super Mario Galaxy for example, according to a lot of people) but I can't comment on them.
    They didn't confirm or deny anything until recently.

Most of the time, that is a pretty large indication that its going to happen.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Once you play the Zelda and Mario games, you've pretty much gotten everything out of your wii
    Add Metroid to that and I'll agree. Then again, if you're not a PC gamer and don't own any other consoles, going for the (unfortunately very few) good 3rd-party games isn't a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Monster Hunter Tri, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Brothers, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Rune Factory Frontier (Generally Harvest Moon games are very relaxing if you're into that sort of thing ), Harvest Moon Animal Parade, Kirby's Epic Yarn
    I defintly enjoy Harvest Moon type games.
    Did not know there was a donkey kong country will have to try that
    Is Kirbys Epic Yarn any good that name just sounds so terrible?
    Iv never been much of a fan of the Metroid series

I wasn't a fan of the 3D metroid games, and I've heard nothing but bad things about the most recent ones

Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg View Post
    Add Metroid to that and I'll agree. Then again, if you're not a PC gamer and don't own any other consoles, going for the (unfortunately very few) good 3rd-party games isn't a bad choice.
    Can't forget Donkey Kong.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I defintly enjoy Harvest Moon type games.
    Did not know there was a donkey kong country will have to try that
    Is Kirbys Epic Yarn any good that name just sounds so terrible?
    Iv never been much of a fan of the Metroid series
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is another relaxing game, for me at least, its obviously aimed for a younger audience, but the style of the graphics make the game a truly unique experience, but I understand for those if thats totally not their thing. A new Kirby is in production for Wii, I'm not sure on the release date or anything, though.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is an AMAZING throw back to the older games, its just as hard, too. :<
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-06-09 at 07:01 PM.

I'd suggest Metroid Prime Trilogy if you haven't played them all.

I would recommend Tales of Symphonia (Game Cube game, but plays on the Wii too if you have a GC controler and a memory stick) and Tales of Sypmohonia: Dawn of the New World, simply because they are absolutely amazing and fun to play. At least if you like RPGs (these two even have active combat, which isn't that common in most (j)rpgs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they released that star wars game yet? You know the one that would use the Wii Remote the way it was meant to be used?!

Enough said.

I'm off to cry at the wasted potential.

This is going to sound ridiculous but the Lego: Star Wars games are actually pretty good especially if you play with a friend.