Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouce View Post
    Regardless of who it works better for I'm sure its still damn near if not BiS for Shadow Priest and Warlocks.
    Why would you waste all the time on giving it to a lock or spriest and watch it copy a weak dot compared to a mage especially a arcane mage during a burn phase hitting for 150k plus? I know our guild has decided the first legendary would go to a mage based on this and blue posts that it is working as intended.

If I was raid leader, I wouldn't care about what class it benefits more. If you're an arcane mage doing top dps until you die to everything and mess up mechanics, I wouldn't think twice about giving it to the Lock who doesn't mess up and cost the raid.

It may end up being better for some specs than others, but provided they are adding the dragon transformation use effect, the staff is still being worked on. Who knows how much it will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel095 View Post
    I tested the weapon on the PTR. It copied my Bane of Agony which was crap.
    I haven't said that it's worse then any other weapon, I just pointed out that other classes benefits from it more. Mages and lolshamans are better for example.

You didn't say it was bad?

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 04:37 PM ----------

I have tested it and it's shit.
    oh you did lololol. -.-

Deleted
    Just wondering - If you apply Corruption and it procs, will it just refresh Corruption or will there be 2 Corruptions up on the target?

Deleted
    Does anyone know definitely exactly how it reacts regarding DOTs?

Definitely, exactly?

Wheres the part where I turn into a dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Xhalaa View Post
    It may end up being better for some specs than others, but provided they are adding the dragon transformation use effect, the staff is still being worked on. Who knows how much it will change.
    It may end up being better for mages than others*

I don't think some of you realize how much better it is for Arcane than every other caster spec if it has a significant ICD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have other things then dots and that is shadowbolt. 4 dots vs 1 filler. I rather give it to a mage that can copy a 60k Arcane Blast then myself that will copy a 1k Bane of Agony.
    I thought the proc wasn't 100% chance, so how do you know it won't proc from something bad when an Arcane Mage use it? Or are you saying that it will only proc of Arcane Blast for Mages?

My question about the Legendary though is, when it procs on a DoT does it just refresh the DoT or does it add another version of the DoT so you'd have two of them up, one is yours and the other is the staves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I thought the proc wasn't 100% chance, so how do you know it won't proc from something bad when an Arcane Mage use it? Or are you saying that it will only proc of Arcane Blast for Mages?

My question about the Legendary though is, when it procs on a DoT does it just refresh the DoT or does it add another version of the DoT so you'd have two of them up, one is yours and the other is the staves.
    It duplicates DoT ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post

The majority of our casts are arcane blast.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In before it gets tweaked and mages QQ about them not being the best with it.

But on topic: It's kind of dumb that the effect works more effectively with a burst magic class than it does a class that uses DoTs. Although this makes me wonder how well it'll work for Boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Just wondering - If you apply Corruption and it procs, will it just refresh Corruption or will there be 2 Corruptions up on the target?
    Exactly this - duplicating the spell might mean instead of simply duplicating a single dot tick it may actually duplicate the entire spell - eg corruption which is refreshed automatically, so an affliction lock may very well be able to have 2 x corruption up 100% of the time.

I'm curious as to what new information the OP actually provided - that it has an internal cd? ummmm.....

Dude, the patch is coming within two weeks. I really don't think they will change the staff from how it works at the moment.
    Considering it's going to be at least a couple months before anyone gets the legendary staff, they can change it as much as they want to. They did it with both legendaries in LK, which drastically changed who it was actually best for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Exactly this - duplicating the spell might mean instead of simply duplicating a single dot tick it may actually duplicate the entire spell - eg corruption which is refreshed automatically, so an affliction lock may very well be able to have 2 x corruption up 100% of the time.

I'm curious as to what new information the OP actually provided - that it has an internal cd? ummmm.....
    Exactly, and think of things like Immolate - Would conflag hit twice aswell (with 2 immolates up).
    How would channelled spells work? (2x Blizzards)

It does not actually duplicate dot applications, it doesn't even technically "duplicate" the spell. From the data mined stuff I have read it duplicates nukes/dot ticks into Arcane damage on a possibly unknown ICD. The thing we are trying to figure out here is if it even has an ICD and if so how long it is.

No clue how it works with channeled spells, my guess is it would only work with one "tick" of the channeled spell like DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by yahtzo View Post
    Do you understand how bad it would be even for nuke specs like destro/ele if it had an ICD? If your spec has even a single DoT the proc could be eaten by a weak Flame Shock tick or Corruption tick for destro, meaning less chance for it to proc off of your nukes.

Arcane is the only caster spec with 0 dots so it will be beyond OP for them and mediocre for the rest of us.
    Derp, and here is why you are being silly and short sighted.
    Inb4 use an icd timer and nukes only till proc, dots only on icd
    That's a worse case look at things. I really don't think that's how things are going, so stop with the sky is falling and everything sucks.
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-06-10 at 12:48 AM.
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

Deleted
    the staff will be Best in slot on its second last form without the procc. and wether u are a dotter spamer or arcane noob, the procc is additional damage. sure some classes will benefit more from it, but its certainly not useless. it will probably even be one fo the best weapons for healer if thye reforge the hit

Looks like he was just agreeing with you.. He didn't really say anything.

Even if the proc isn't great for all classes or specs the base stats on the staff is amazing so that alone is a good enough reason to use it happily.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."