Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Trine and Trine 2, and why you should own them both!

I recently bought the game Trine in a 3-game bundle on steam, 3 games for 5 euro, saving 40. Though I did this simply because I was interested in the game Trine in the bundle, and it turns out this is one of the best games I've ever played. I can't believe I've never bought this game until now!

Trine has you take on puzzle solving alá Portal, but in a side-scrolling fantasy adventure. The aesthetics of the game are amazing with bright and vivid colors. The story, though it might not be amazingly deep, is still compelling and the world intruiging. The puzzles are challenging but not frustrating, though I've just played it on Easy so far. It involves combat as well with both minions and big boss fights that require some thinking to beat.
    The game makes heavy use of it's physics engine for both combat and puzzle solving, if you swing across ledges, time a jump from a pendulum, create crates or planks to balance weights or traverse heights, or shoot arrows at ropes to send a stonefist flying against a wall.
    But as said, most of all this game is mind-blowingly gorgeous. And when it costs you 5 euros and gets you 2 more games with it, it is definetly the most bang-per-buck I've ever gotten.

Here are some screenshots from when I've been playing.

I talked to a Steam friend, who had also bought the game with this bundle, when he mentioned that they are doing a sequel aptly named Trine 2.
    Here's the trailer for the even more mind-blowingly gorgeous Trine 2 http://trine2.com/

If you like side-scrollers, fantasty and puzzle solving this game is DEFINETLY for you! And even if you don't, I'm quite sure it won't hurt buying the 3-game bundle for 5 Euro.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2011-06-09 at 06:42 PM.

Trine is one of those single player games I couldn't put down until I beat it. Very rare for me. I will be getting Trine 2 immediately when available.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Trine is one of those single player games I couldn't put down until I beat it. Very rare for me. I will be getting Trine 2 immediately when available.
    Same here, I just want to play more and more. "One more level!" It's a constant orgasm for both eyes and mind.
    I haven't felt like that about a game in a long time.

Plus, for all of you that like co-op, there is a local co-op. You'll need a controller for it though!

The sale is still up on Steam by the way.

I played it and found it incredibly boring, sorry.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I played it and found it incredibly boring, sorry.
    Not your type of game then.
    Sorry...? Could've just not wrote anything instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty cool but i dont think i will ever have time to play this

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Sorry...? Could've just not wrote anything instead.
    My opinion that it's bad is just as valid and worth posting as your opinion that it's good.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    My opinion that it's bad is just as valid and worth posting as your opinion that it's good.
    Not according to me
    Not very constructive to just go in and write that you think it's boring.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Looks pretty cool but i dont think i will ever have time to play this
    Why not? It's not very time-consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Not according to me
    Not very constructive to just go in and write that you think it's boring.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 09:49 PM ----------

Why not? It's not very time-consuming.
    Sounds interesting, the graphics are kind of good for that kind of game. I'll probably give it a try.

OT: Don't need to kill each others because someone doesn't agree with someone else opinion ^^
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the original Trine along with other great newer side scrollers like Braid and Super Meat Boy. Unfortunately I will only be getting Trine 2 if they release it on CD like they did the original since I absolutely despise download only games with a burning passion.