Deleted

Firelands Kill Order

just wondering in what order you engage the different encounter in firelands, as the first 4 bosses are in no specific order.

from easy to hard

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the sense that the first 4 can conceivably be tackled in any order. Then you have to deal with Balrog-guy -> Staghelm -> Ragnaros. So presumably the first 4 are comparable in difficulty and the last 3 are the hardest.

Apparently the spider boss (dont know name) is the best way to test the raid in preparation for the rest of the instance, not sure if he's easiest though.

Deleted
    thanks for the info. looks like my raid will start with the spider.

Beth'tilac(the spider boss) is definitely the gear check boss. Easy mechanics, hard hitting and a tight enrage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Beth'tilac(the spider boss) is definitely the gear check boss. Easy mechanics, hard hitting and a tight enrage timer.
    So would it be best not to try that boss first if it's a gear-check?

Edit: Or is it tuned for full 359 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    So would it be best not to try that boss first if it's a gear-check?

Edit: Or is it tuned for full 359 gear?
    Gear check bosses are designed to show if your gear can handle the rest of the place.

Patchwerk(the 40 man version, anyway) was the first and most prominent example. He hit hard, required some heavy healing on the tanks, and had a tight enrage timer. It was generally accepted if you could kill him you had the tanking, healing and DPS to kill any other boss in the zone(except for Four Horsemen, seriously, fuck those guys in 40 man).

(except for Four Horsemen, seriously, fuck those guys in 40 man).
    "Lets requires 8 warrior tanks geared to the teeth. It'll be FUN"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

What about Shannox? I've watched videos and a strategy video and he looks very simple

Gear check bosses are designed to show if your gear can handle the rest of the place.

Patchwerk(the 40 man version, anyway) was the first and most prominent example. He hit hard, required some heavy healing on the tanks, and had a tight enrage timer. It was generally accepted if you could kill him you had the tanking, healing and DPS to kill any other boss in the zone(except for Four Horsemen, seriously, fuck those guys in 40 man).
    Ah I see what you mean, I always imagined gear check bosses being an "interval" kinda boss not a boss you fight at the start (like Patchwerk, where most people took on after they were fairly geared from Naxx loot). So in other words the spider boss is the entry gear check, to tell you whether you're eligible to even raid in Firelands (like Marrowgar in ICC).

Gear check boss in ICC was Festergut. If you had the dps to kill Festergut, you could do the rest of the instance. If you wiped on enrage, you should've just stopped there. Marrowgar wasn't as much as a gear check as a "don't stand in fire" kind of fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Gear check boss in ICC was Festergut. If you had the dps to kill Festergut, you could do the rest of the instance. If you wiped on enrage, you should've just stopped there. Marrowgar wasn't as much as a gear check as a "don't stand in fire" kind of fight.
    Yeah that's what I mean, I always thought the term gear-check meant for a boss that was usually right in the middle of the raid in terms of kill-order, i.e. The boss you need to gear up for in current gear to down, like Festergut and Patchwerk etc.

That's why I was confused about Beth'tilac, if it's a gear-check fight then would it be better to down the other 3 bosses first to get some loot before taking on that spider? I think the term "gear-check" is turning into something subjective, and bosses like Marrowgar I see as entry-level checks, which basically let you know if your group is geared to even step foot into the raid (as in, it stops people in greens from progressing).

You should start with whichever boss is easiest for you. For example, at the start of the xpac, Omnitron had perhaps the lowest barrier gear-wise, but was relatively more complex mechanics wise than Halfus or Magmaw. Some guilds had an easier time downing Omnitron in blues, others are sloppier and had the easiest time working on other ones.

Shannox, Beth'ilac, and Alysrazor all seem to be roughly on the same page difficulty wise. Lots of people were calling for a buff to Alysrazor's damage and health, so maybe that one won't be so undertuned come release.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    You should start with whichever boss is easiest for you. For example, at the start of the xpac, Omnitron had perhaps the lowest barrier gear-wise, but was relatively more complex mechanics wise than Halfus or Magmaw. Some guilds had an easier time downing Omnitron in blues, others are sloppier and had the easiest time working on other ones.

Shannox, Beth'ilac, and Alysrazor all seem to be roughly on the same page difficulty wise. Lots of people were calling for a buff to Alysrazor's damage and health, so maybe that one won't be so undertuned come release.
    It's not like they listen to anything anyone on the PTR says anyway. Alysrazor will probably be the easiest on normal mode.