Thread: Bit Fenix

10+ Year Old Account

Bit Fenix

This might seem a bit advertisey, but it's fully well intended.
    Someone linked a Bit Fenix Colossus in the "Nicest Cases" thread. I loved the look of it so much, that I went out hunting for it.
    I stumbled, of course, upon their website when I googled.
    http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/
    They sell sleeved cable extensions, so you can hide your cables in your motherboard tray, and using the cable extension, have the luxury of fully sleeved cables with your choice of colors, without the hassle of doing it yourself. (Which sucks ass, I might add.)
    Their cases are works of beauty.
    And their fans and fan controllers are excellent.
    What do you guys think?
    Also, does anyone have a Bit Fenix product?

10+ Year Old Account
    The first picture of the Colossus I saw simply awed me. Now after building a few rigs, it turns me off as being a heat trap, which I know is pretty silly, it has a decent amount of cooling but it would have been nice to see more cooling on the bottom of the case.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    The first picture of the Colossus I saw simply awed me. Now after building a few rigs, it turns me off as being a heat trap, which I know is pretty silly, it has a decent amount of cooling but it would have been nice to see more cooling on the bottom of the case.
    *Water cools*

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome calbes though. I might pick a few up once i choose a color for my WC tubing..

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    *Water cools*
    Yeah I definitely would, but I think you can only fit a 2x120 on top and a 1x120 in the back?
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

This might seem a bit advertisey, but it's fully well intended.
    Someone linked a Bit Fenix Colossus in the "Nicest Cases" thread. I loved the look of it so much, that I went out hunting for it.
    I stumbled, of course, upon their website when I googled.
    http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/
    They sell sleeved cable extensions, so you can hide your cables in your motherboard tray, and using the cable extension, have the luxury of fully sleeved cables with your choice of colors, without the hassle of doing it yourself. (Which sucks ass, I might add.)
    Their cases are works of beauty.
    And their fans and fan controllers are excellent.
    What do you guys think?
    Also, does anyone have a Bit Fenix product?
    LED lit, what did I tell ya? Just kidding.

But that case is very nice, the cables are great indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    LED lit, what did I tell ya? Just kidding.

But that case is very nice, the cables are great indeed.
    The LED's aren't bright, they're operative cause is to change the accent color of the case. x3
    I fully intend on buying one.

The LED's aren't bright, they're operative cause is to change the accent color of the case. x3
    I fully intend on buying one.
    Did yesterday =P

On the topic of their sleeving; I thought all of their accessories were awesome, however, I didn't find the point of the sleeving if you grab the non-window case. Not gonna see any of the innards anyway. (Also my Corsair 1200w has awesome sleeved cables.)

As for the fans, they are definitely good, but don't move enough air IMO. Quiet and pretty as can be, though. The one spot that this case reviewed lower than, oh say the HAF X, was the cooling. Not bad, but not great. So I intend to get some pretty powerful fans also considering the case has sound-damping already. Oh, and it's really effing heavy. I carry my already really heavy case around a lot as it is so I don't think that'll be a problem. Water-cooling was out though since I do move it around often.

Conclusion: excited to check this beast out in a few days.
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

10+ Year Old Account
    The HAF X is focused on cooling, so I'd hope I'd pay a little more for the HAF X and get more cooling out of it. x3
    And compared to my Fractal Design Define XL, which is roughly 50 lbs, I'll take anything I can get.

The HAF X is focused on cooling, so I'd hope I'd pay a little more for the HAF X and get more cooling out of it. x3
    And compared to my Fractal Design Define XL, which is roughly 50 lbs, I'll take anything I can get.
    My HAF X + hardware clocks in just under 50 lbs. The Colossus with my hardware comes in just over 53 lbs. Not too bad. 4 lb difference. I'm not pushing temps high enough anywhere on my system to worry about the cooling either.

Holy hell, I didn't notice the Fractal Defines almost 18kgs of mass. That's a good 2kgs over the Colossus. That makes me happy.
    Last edited by Rendhammer; 2011-06-11 at 01:45 AM.
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendhammer View Post
    My HAF X + hardware clocks in just under 50 lbs. The Coloussus with my hardware comes in just over 53 lbs. Not too bad. 4 lb difference. I'm not pushing temps high enough anywhere on my system to worry about the cooling either.

Holy hell, I didn't notice the Fractal Defines almost 18kgs of mass. That's a good 2kgs over the Colossus. That makes me happy.
    tetrisgoat has one too, PM her about hauling it up her new stairs. x3

Also, the H100 is only $10 more than the H70, and is double the rad... >.>

tetrisgoat has one too, PM her about hauling it up her new stairs. x3

Also, the H100 is only $10 more than the H70, and is double the rad... >.>
    Has what, the Fractal or the BitFenix?

The H100 isn't even available on Newegg yet =(. Also, double rad, does that mean they moved it to the top of cases? All the others simply replaced the rear exhaust. I wonder if that would even fit on the colossus with its exhaust on top...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendhammer View Post
    Has what, the Fractal or the BitFenix?

The H100 isn't even available on Newegg yet =(. Also, double rad, does that mean they moved it to the top of cases? All the others simply replaced the rear exhaust. I wonder if that would even fit on the colossus with its exhaust on top...
    Yes it would. The colossus' top is perfect for a 240 rad, but won't fit a 360 AFAIK.
    "Cooling Top 1 x 230mm (or 1 x 140/120mm optional)"
    Yeah, that'll work. You might have to mod the case for a second set of screw holes, but that's really easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone linked a Bit Fenix Colossus in the "Nicest Cases" thread.
    I have absolutely no idea who that was :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXxRc6klS8
    (EDIT - Written part of the review for Google translate.
    Review (in Swedish) from September 2010.
    A shame most of you won't be able to understand it. But the example they sent to Sweclockers were, shall we say, flawed. (LEDs are unsynced).
    It's also an earlier revision and has since had some issues fixed, such as the harddrive bays have been made sturdier, the lock on the top-hatch has been fixed, and has been received some updates since.
    Colour and finish has been improved upon and doors have been sturdied.
    (Source: Response from BitFenix in regards to Sweclockers test. Google translate it :P)

I did like the BitFenix Survivor, though, and I could consider it as a LAN-case.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPVoAa-F3zU

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad it has a left hinged bay cover otherwise its pretty sweet.
    Until they fix that or design a version without a door I would never even consider it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Too bad it has a left hinged bay cover otherwise its pretty sweet.
    Until they fix that or design a version without a door I would never even consider it
    it's reversible