Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You took ToL but not Revelations?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I've currently got it as 32 points, ignoring RR and SoR. I like ToL and I like SoL as Holy. I've managed to keep 3/3 ToF.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bZfurrR0rocdo

It should go without saying that SoM is thingy-ma-jig. I wouldn't be surprised they moved it down or elsewhere, does make sense being attached to Chakra.
    The point is that you need to take 32 points total in order to spec 2/2 HV because you need at least 25 in the first 5 tiers to unlock the 6th, you want all 6 points in the 6th tier (=31 total, unless you want 2/3 ToF), then you probably want to take GS for 32 total. You can't just pull a point out of the first 5 tiers somewhere because then you can't make it to tier 6.

And whether the holy pally regen change is a nerf or not kind of depends on how often you were judging. Judging on cd was around 1500 mp5, which 30% spirit regen won't cover unless you have some enormous amount of spirit (3500ish?). If you were only judging every 15s instead of on cd though, it's probably a buff unless you have extremely low spirit.

OTOH the druid changes are a pretty massive nerf and holy is probably a better raid healer than a tree with these changes (possible mana issues aside).

Fully spec'd holy with Heavenly Voice 2/2, Sanct Chakra and with IF on in my gear I'm at 8972 SP - 15.46 Mastery - 15% crit - 16.7% haste
    Divine Hymn is a 8.57s cast

Healing it does: 19.1k, 21.0k, 21.0k, 21.6k
    Mastery is at 15.46 (+19% listed), so in all: 123k on self.
    I didn't crit, and my crit rate ~ 15.% On avg that would be ~ 142k

That's single target, the full DH cooldown does x5 => 709.5k
    And that's with no flasks, outside buffs, or even my Alchemy Flask of Enhancement

In a raid setting, this is liable to get up above 800k easy, if not more.
    In my haste, it's ~8.5 sec cast. Not even counting raid haste buffs/procs/etc => 83K+ HPS and a 10% healing buff to anyone it hits.

In a real raid setting, you're no guaranteed to have the 10% buff on anyone it hits, so the numbers will be about 10% lower and on the order of about 75K HPS in my gear in 25, and somewhere in between on 10 man.

It's a good CD, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuga View Post
    The point is that you need to take 32 points total in order to spec 2/2 HV because you need at least 25 in the first 5 tiers to unlock the 6th, you want all 6 points in the 6th tier (=31 total, unless you want 2/3 ToF), then you probably want to take GS for 32 total. You can't just pull a point out of the first 5 tiers somewhere because then you can't make it to tier 6.

And whether the holy pally regen change is a nerf or not kind of depends on how often you were judging. Judging on cd was around 1500 mp5, which 30% spirit regen won't cover unless you have some enormous amount of spirit (3500ish?). If you were only judging every 15s instead of on cd though, it's probably a buff unless you have extremely low spirit.

OTOH the druid changes are a pretty massive nerf and holy is probably a better raid healer than a tree with these changes (possible mana issues aside).
    This.

And @Ultima you forgot Revelations :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfubrRzrkcdoh

All I lost was 30 second CD off of shadowfiend, and Blessed Resilience.

Am I the only one that's looking at spending more than 32 points into Holy?
    3/36/2 is what I'm leaning on right now. Blessed Resilience has more of a place in progression than Veiled Shadows. Worse comes to worse, I'll drop SoR and pick that one point of Darkness back up.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Am I the only one that's looking at spending more than 32 points into Holy?
    3/36/2 is what I'm leaning on right now. Blessed Resilience has more of a place in progression than Veiled Shadows. Worse comes to worse, I'll drop SoR and pick that one point of Darkness back up.
    Do you really think 3 points out of Mental Agility is worth it for something like SoL? This is what I'm thinking: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcbZfuMrR0rkfdoh

In my 10 man's raid makeup, Divine Touch is even more worthless than SoL. If I'm in Serenity, them Renews get rolled continiuosly. And in Sanct, Renew only really gets cast on the tank and rely on PoM/CoH/PoH and Binding Heal / Greater Heal and use SoL procs as they come -- They are free casts and opportunity Serendipity buffs are welcome despite the RNG of it. It keeps things interesting.

And I can't really drop Blessed Resilience b/c I use the same spec for Arena! =D

I end up losing a tiny bit of haste %, but who cares. I stack mostly Mastery anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    In my 10 man's raid makeup, Divine Touch is even more worthless than SoL. If I'm in Serenity, them Renews get rolled continiuosly. And in Sanct, Renew only really gets cast on the tank and rely on PoM/CoH/PoH and Binding Heal / Greater Heal and use SoL procs as they come -- They are free casts and opportunity Serendipity buffs are welcome despite the RNG of it. It keeps things interesting.

And I can't really drop Blessed Resilience b/c I use the same spec for Arena! =D

I end up losing a tiny bit of haste %, but who cares. I stack mostly Mastery anyway.
    So this is the spec you'd take? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfurMR0rkfdob

Oops, I'd forgotten that I don't take Divine Touch. Silly Kel >.<

That gives me the points to go 4/34/3. And Mazi, as far as my spell makeup is concerned, 2 points of Mental Agility don't really save much in the grand scheme of things. Surge of Light gives me more for my buck, not from the mana but from the other aspects it gives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Is it a mana regen nerf for Holy Paladins? They lose Seal of Insight, but gain 30% spirit regen on top of that, right?
    Oh, right, I must have missed something. But it's still good to see other healers become more dependent on Spirit.

It's also good to see people exchanging builds once again. It looks like it's spring after a period of winter.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Oops, I'd forgotten that I don't take Divine Touch. Silly Kel >.<

That gives me the points to go 4/34/3. And Mazi, as far as my spell makeup is concerned, 2 points of Mental Agility don't really save much in the grand scheme of things. Surge of Light gives me more for my buck, not from the mana but from the other aspects it gives.
    Do you play in 10m?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HDPriest View Post
    You took ToL but not Revelations?
    Hurr durr, I thought it was 33 but couldn't find the third point. Thank you for pointing that out!

Deleted
    This is most likely what I will be rocking as a 25 man raid healer. LOL

http://wowtal.com/#k=tYOymviS.b0w.priest.

I still think holy has a lot of issues but this is a welcome change, I can play the spec again!

I do think they need to adress the reliance of hpriest on spirit for regen and the disc priest enlightenment (15% int) to holys spiritual healing (15% healing done) but overall Im reasonably happy just to be viable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Do you play in 10m?
    Actually, I do! My build and yours are pretty close, I just think Surge of Light is better than Divine Touch. Like Zaka, I see the use of Renew as a spot heal, but running without either of those talents (Touch or Renewal) doesn't make Renew a less attractive option for the situations it works in. But! If I drop Spirit of Redemption again, I'll go back to 2/3 Mental Agility.

It doesn't do much, I admit, and keeping Blessed Resil means I use it even less, but it feels weird not having it. I can't really describe it in words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    So this is the spec you'd take? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfurMR0rkfdob
    For the most part yes, all those points in holy are pretty much fixed for me and depending on the issues with content I may move those 2 talent points out of Darkness and into Veiled Shadows if rough boss fights allow for two fiends per fight duration. I find that all that extra mana from an earlier fiend helps my healing more than passive 2% haste. But that's with a heavy dose of personal preference. I'm in a 10 man with a Resto Shaman and Druid, and I prefer to stack Mastery b/c EoL overheals for 30% at worst. I've ranked several times this tier on 10 man WoL, so I'm pretty confident in my gearing scheme.

The big thing is that I need my second spec reserved for PvE shadow b/c I'm swing DPS when we need a two heal fight. The other two healers have zero interest in DPSing on their healing toons. So if I want to Arena, the spec linked above is a good compromise. I swap in a couple glyphs when I want to PvP and go to town ^.^

Actually, I do! My build and yours are pretty close, I just think Surge of Light is better than Divine Touch. Like Zaka, I see the use of Renew as a spot heal, but running without either of those talents (Touch or Renewal) doesn't make Renew a less attractive option for the situations it works in. But! If I drop Spirit of Redemption again, I'll go back to 2/3 Mental Agility.

It doesn't do much, I admit, and keeping Blessed Resil means I use it even less, but it feels weird not having it. I can't really describe it in words.

Well I knew that because, generally as I've seen, only Priests who heal in 10m put value in SoL :P

On 10 man, we're not just pigeon holed into raid healing and generally speaking PoH and Sanc lose their effectiveness. You're much more reliant on direct single target heals, especially BH when your own health takes a dive to perform at a top level of efficiency. Opportunity effects that aren't considered on 25 man all of a sudden are go to spells. SoL is one of them. SoL isn't dependable but it's the sort of RNG that's very much welcome on 10 man. Unlike 25 man, I'm in Chakra Serenity often and I already have a short cd instant heal in the form of my holy word. An instant cast (and free!) Fheal is just more gravy. And who doesn't like gravy? I've also sunk points into Imp PWShield this tier depending on the fight. PWS as holy isn't exactly awesome, but it fits the triage niche if required.

Heroic Shannox (pre nerf) is a great example, when I'm healing the MT and he decides to run off with Body and Soul, Intervene a DPS, & Heroic Leap even further away to kite Riplimb a bit more than usually needed, instant casts are what keep his health in the green. With Serenity and PW:S (go go BnS!) on CD, my only options left are to PoM/CoH. At which point I'm Body and Soul sprinting after him and I will need to either burn GS if necessary or use an opportunity SoL proc if available. It's happened enough times where I don't see myself removing the talent points unless I really need to.

I'd rather lose a point or two from Darkness or even Mental Agility.

Oh I know Themos, just saying that in 25man healing as Holy SoL is pretty blah, but I know it is valuable to 10m healing.