Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    I think I'm more confused on how Soul Swap works now than I was before. =|

We'll see how Firelands raids favor different specs though. It's a bit difficult to compare a warlock and a shadowpriest because a warlock is very likely to switch around between the 3 specs depending on the fight. It makes them more flexible with AOE/DoTs/Burst, but it's much more difficult to master 3 specs than one. However, if we're only comparing particular specs, I still wouldn't say it's as clearcut to say one's harder/more difficult to play than another. (I do have a destro/demo lock alt, but I've never tried affliction.) Demo feels clunky compared to Shadow, and Demo feels very jumpy, but that's just my take on it. I just enjoy shadow more.

Keep in mind though, this is a priest thread, so try to keep it relevant to priests. =)

That said, is there anything else we're forgetting about for 4.2? We covered buffs/nerfs, tier, the legendary has its own thread.... I feel like we're forgetting something.
    Don't worry about soul swap (horrible talent is horrible) lol, but yes i agree but my comparison was from my experience thus far with aff and shadow.

My 2cents is that shadow looks to be in a great place coming into 4.2 with the changes planed, you didn't just take a slap of 12% then nothing in return so single target/bursty will be how it is in my eyes for the class with still great dot cleave damage.

Actually to get accurate stat weights it looks like we are going to have to do something similer to what Twin does for the BiS lists and average the weights for helter skelter. Been working on it some to see if we are going to need to think about hit at all differently in 4.2. However, it's all preliminary at this point.

Just copying this comment into here so it doesn't get lost later in 4.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    I have a preliminary/"beta" list up at HTP right now -- http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=392

This has all of the items in 4.2 for Priests and some early updated PP values. Once SimulationCraft has a release with a ~391 BiS list and all of the Priest changes (and T12 set bonuses included), I'll sim up values like I have done for 4.0.6 and 4.1.0 and get it updated, and cross-post the BiS list here.

I'd like to let everyone know something, though. I'm taking a break from WoW and won't be playing during at least Firelands if not longer. I've talked with Kilee briefly about helping keep the BiS list updated since the only difficult thing that is needed is adding items when a patch drops (I added over 400 items to my database for 4.2). I'll make it clear when I post the 4.2 list that I'll maintain it but won't be regularly checking forums/websites for comments, so the easiest way to point errors out to me will be through PMs either here or on HTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Just copying this comment into here so it doesn't get lost later in 4.2.
    Great snag Thanks for holding onto that while we figure out who or what's going on with a guide and setup... and everything else, waiting for 4.2 to drop. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    • Your shadowfiend is no longer functionally a derptard, and now "Assists" your target instead of wandering around like an idiot.
    I'm really sad that no one said anything about this. I thought it was funny.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loregasm View Post
    Intellect: 1.00
    Spellpower: 0.78
    Hit/Spirit: 0.48
    Mastery: 0.40
    Haste: 0.38
    Crit: 0.38

These are the new stat weights, simed for a patchwerk fight, with 4-piece T11 and BIS 359 gear, which should be the
    There is obviously a bug here.
    I don't need a tool to tell me how my spell works i'm playing my Shadowpriest for far too long to know that at least when it comes to haste vs crit haste will over be the winner unless we see a massive overhaul on our DPS mechanics.
    Waiting for an update for simcraft.

Overall the buff/nerf seems ok but at least i have to adapt in casting direct damage instead of a dot when both option are available, being a heavy multi-dotter for such a long time that sure gonna be awkward in the beginning.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-06-17 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I'm really sad that no one said anything about this. I thought it was funny.
    I think it's cause we're so worn out about how stupid it is at times that we can't even laugh about SF anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    There is obviously a bug here.
    I don't need a tool to tell me how my spell works i'm playing my Shadowpriest for far too long to know that at least when it comes to haste vs crit haste will over be the winner unless we see a massive overhaul on our DPS mechanics.
    Waiting for an update for simcraft.
    Check 2 posts above you in the quote from Twintop. He's done a preliminary one at HTP that looks fairly reliable. He'll also be redoing it once it goes live.

Edit: Hmm...... MMO-champs forum upgrades seem to be buggy.
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check 2 posts above you in the quote from Twintop. He's done a preliminary one at HTP that looks fairly reliable. He'll also be redoing it once it goes live.

Edit: Hmm...... MMO-champs forum upgrades seem to be buggy.
    Ehmm yeah Twintop is saying
    Int = 1.0000
    Spirit = 0.5094
    Spell Power = 0.6706
    Hit = 0.5133
    Crit = 0.4183
    Haste = 0.6338
    Mastery = 0.3494
    which is totally different from

Quote Originally Posted by Loregasm
    Intellect: 1.00
    Spellpower: 0.78
    Hit/Spirit: 0.48
    Mastery: 0.40
    Haste: 0.38
    Crit: 0.38

These are the new stat weights, simed for a patchwerk fight, with 4-piece T11 and BIS 359 gear, which should be the average Spriest going into Firelands.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-06-17 at 06:41 AM.

Twintop averages between Patchwerk style sim and HS type, which is a bit more like Cata raids so far. Movement's going to affect the scaling quite a bit, so there's no way to get a perfect sim. =\

1) Hitcap.
    2) Haste>Crit>Mastery.
    3) 4t12
    4) Equip legendary.
    5) ???
    6) PROFIT!!!

Those retarded numbers with haste down at like 0.38 come from the guy at Wowinsider who apparently has absolutely no clue what he's doing.

I trust and will continue to trust Twintop/Kilee/Arlee/Veiled/<insert other awesome shadow priest that does the hard work for us in this community> before I trust anything that guy says, especially after that. No clue how he got those numbers. He even said that haste goes further down in helter-skelter... I think he should have realized right then what he was saying was retarded.

Ignore this response and see my response below...the formatting came out all wrong in this one
    Last edited by HeatM1ser; 2011-06-17 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    don't forgot an extra pvp buff: mind spike castable while locked out of shadow school

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    that... or you know zero about theorycrafting. I'm betting the latter.

Try actually reading the 4.2 changes before you try being bigdick on campus. Anyone with half a brain for shadow will tell you haste is taking a backseat to mastery in 4.2.
    LOL.....so we should reforge all our haste to mastery? Maybe you should be less condescending and do a little research....how do you expect to proc 3 orbs in as short of a time as possible if you have low haste?

Sounds like your the pot calling the kettle black

Just saying, you could have acted a little more mature in your response, and even gone as far as to expain your reasoning. And was the nerd rage profanity and name calling really necessary?

Sure, mastery will increase the damage done by your orbs, and MB is going to be a bigger part of your rotation, so you'll want more mastery...but should we really reforge all our haste to mastery and sacrifice the haste that will proc more shadow orbs? Surely there is a happy medium where you have a haste plateau you'll want to reach, and after that reforge the leftover haste to mastery, and of course reforge crit.

Why so serious?
    Last edited by HeatM1ser; 2011-06-17 at 04:51 PM. Reason: incorrect formatting

Quote Originally Posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    Surely there is a happy medium where you have a haste plateau you'll want to reach, and after that reforge the leftover haste to mastery, and of course reforge crit.
    Probably right, but I doubt we'll get there this tier or even the next. However, I'll wait for the sims before I make any definitive conclusions. However, there is no question in my mind that haste will maintain a fairly healthy lead over crit and mastery for T12.

Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    don't forgot an extra pvp buff: mind spike castable while locked out of shadow school
    Sadly, this isn't a buff and is actually an absurdly late fix. Mind Spike was supposed to do this from the very beginning (as in, 4.01a). Shadow getting locked out of all their spells has always been an issue, so we were excited in November when this was announced. We weren't happy when we realized it wasn't working like it was announced, but since PVP shadow has a smaller voice compared to the class (and other class balancing issues were being brought up), it just never got attention until now.
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-06-18 at 07:28 AM.

Something I haven't seen posted here yet. Blizz fixed the combat log for 4.2 and shadow's apparitions parse correctly now. I just tested one on WoL and each priest gets credited for their apps

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Something I haven't seen posted here yet. Blizz fixed the combat log for 4.2 and shadow's apparitions parse correctly now. I just tested one on WoL and each priest gets credited for their apps
    That is actually really awesome. Really late, but really awesome.

It will be nice to log onto WoL and not see that the bear tank stole credit for my apparitions. Yay.

15+ Year Old Account
    DoTs scale better in general since they scale with all 2ndary stats compared to our MB or SWD that don't scale with haste (which happens to be what we stack). So as we gear up the percentage of damage coming from DoTs will increase. This means that we have received some scaling nerf even if we do same damage on PTR and live for the moment.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-06-29 at 08:03 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Great, really awesome change now everybody they can see their asses getting kicked instead of asking us about the correct numbers :P