Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Something I haven't seen posted here yet. Blizz fixed the combat log for 4.2 and shadow's apparitions parse correctly now. I just tested one on WoL and each priest gets credited for their apps
    I can confirm, same for warlocks with Doomguard and Nether imps

Deleted
    Does anyone have updated stat weights yet? Left wondering is anything has changed..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobhoper View Post
    Does anyone have updated stat weights yet? Left wondering is anything has changed..
    Twintop and Kilee both have threads here with updated stat weights.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    ooopps feel a bit stupid now. I see its a little more balanced with haste slightly on top, but only just.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impressions from yesterday raid.
    Our dots hits like a wet noodle, or maybe less.
    It just doesn't worth it anymore to multidot a pack of >3 so basically just VT one while running and then VT/DP/SW:P the main target switch to main tank and MS if there is a group of >3 is the best thing to do, try to keep VT up on all targets seems to be a great dps loss at the moment.
    MB is a had hitter and should be used on cd.

Overall i noticed a slight DPS gain but i feel i got stripped off from my signatures spells, although dots are our main DPS source they just feel too weak and i don't like it much or at least i'm not used to it.

Deleted
    To get high on meters on aoe packs I do SWP on a few targets, then spam Mind sear till my swp's proc an orb. Then I MB and use Mind Sear, and repeat.
    I still multidotted when on 2-3 targets but yeah, damage felt lower of course..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i couldn't keep up on the meter when i used the 4.2 tact, tab -> dot -> tab -> dot, i was bottoming the meters easily and i mean last even below the tank, with loading the main target with dots and vt one or maybe 2 and then spam MS i was topping them.
    Anyways.

This are the numbers that i'm getting for my current gear ~365iLvl with 4.2 sicmcraft
    Int 1.0000
    Spi 0.4629
    SP 0.7841
    Hit 0.4652
    Crit 0.3901
    Haste 0.5566
    Mastery 0.4295
    Runned 10x 50k iteretions, Patchwerk,Elite,450, no DI with FM.
    So Haste is still the king by far when it comes to secondary stats and the gap between Mastery and Crit is got quite big.
    I'll wait a bit before calling this numbers correct since the mastery doesn't feel that should be valued that high or at least not that higher than crit.

And this is with same settings and SimC BiS + legendary staff
    Int 1.0000
    Spi 0.5401
    SP 0.7660
    Hit 0.5448
    Crit 0.4752
    Haste 0.5850
    Mastery 0.5379
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-06-30 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omirr View Post
    To get high on meters on aoe packs I do SWP on a few targets, then spam Mind sear till my swp's proc an orb. Then I MB and use Mind Sear, and repeat.
    I still multidotted when on 2-3 targets but yeah, damage felt lower of course..
    This is what I saw too. Plenty of chances to test it out on Firelands trash (holy crap, there's a ton of it). On the nice side, MB is landing some sick hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Deleted
    Same, my numbers weren't too bad yesterday. Averaged 21k on WoL from 4/7. Certainly no more multidotting like before.

The biggest shock came when i uploaded guild WoL. Warlock and me same dps, he ranks 16 and me 180ish. I announce on vent i must be doing something wrong as a priest.
    Last edited by mmoc6ea71e8a4d; 2011-07-02 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobhoper View Post
    The biggest shock came when i uploaded guild WoL. Warlock and me same dps, he ranks 16 and me 180ish. I announce on vent i must be doing something wrong as a priest.
    The competition among priests is much stronger than for other classes. It is a combination of them being a "favored class" in cata combined with priests having a single spec to focus on, combined with priests having better and more widely-accessable theorycrafting guides. I believe pirests in general are more on top of how their class works and what the stats do for them than just about any other class in the game right now.

Warlock in my guild does 5-7k less dps than me and ranks on almost every fight. I'm top dps on almost every fight and never rank. I'm not doing anything wrong. THere's just far more shadow priests out there who know what they are doing and are geared well to boot.

Also bear in mind all shadow priests that rank get dark intent, and some get focus magic too. So you don't get that buff you might as well give up trying to rank.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2011-07-02 at 06:59 PM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    You are absolutely right about there being plenty of easy to digest information on how to play SP. This subforum and howtopriest made it easy for me to change from healer to SP in a couple of months.

So after a week of raiding, trash runs, and valor farming...

It really seems like we didn't take a dip at all. DoTs are hitting a bit weaker, but it's barely noticeable. That and I'm getting crazy hits from MB during archangel, which seem nice.

Has anyone gotten the 2 pc yet? What happens if you drop out of Shadowform when Shadowfiend is halfway through the CD, then back in? (this would matter mostly if we're asked to do a Hymn in the middle of a raid.)
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Given how it's coded, with similar things in the past, I'd be lead to believe that it cuts the cooldown when cast, and if you have to drop between now and it coming back up, for a Hymn (or something), then you'd be fine.

But if you're casting it outside of Shadowform, would probably not be in your best interests. Then again, I can't really say for certain, but given the simple logic Blizzard uses when writing these, it makes sense.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Makes sense. I was just worried that dropping out of Shadowform would mean you lose the CD bonus, or that it'd create a bug where dropping/casting could spam that lowering of the CD (which would likely result in a nerf).

Edit: Basically, is it something active like a MF crit that lowers the CD, versus something that's passive with Shadowform that just subtracts the 75 seconds while Shadowform is active. Subtle, but significant difference.
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-07-05 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    So had a week to try out the changes and tbh i dont feel like they haven't nerfed anything, maybe i would have hit a million dps on shannox without the nerf

As a class we are in a very nice spot and i hope we stay here. Its nice to be playing a class at the right time and with my legendary under way its going to be a fun few months.

Link to tonights WoL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ck78lc8qxzwtzw53/

normalize

After a couple raids for 4.2 I still believe hit cap isn't needed. I raided 5 hours last night, missed 6 spells (2MB, 1MF, 2VT, 1DP) on Alysrazor (normal). I think its the closest thing to a patchwork fight, cause you can cast while you move.

While its true is a measurable loss of dps to miss, those 6 spells were a drop in the bucket compared to the 42 million dmg done for the night.

I'm gonna stay between 15.5 and 16% hit. I still value haste highest to help proc more orbs. I'm not casting MB on CD anymore either, I'm waiting for an orb to boost MB dmg. (obviously mangaging ES the best possible). I value crit higher than mastery also, as the pet seems to return lots more mana. Critting often means even more pets and short CD. somone posted numbers that I agree with above. int>SP>Haste>>crit>mastery

If u miss a Mindblast and ES falls down, u lost the buff until next orb and MB expire CD( 2 mind blast missed in a fight can do a difference)
    Last edited by Medivh; 2011-07-08 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
    If u miss a Mindblast and ES falls down, u lost the buff until next orb and MB expire CD( 2 mind blast missed in a fight can do a difference)
    100% incorrect. You get ES for CASTING Mind Blast or Mind Spike not for doing damage with them. You can miss every single Mind Blast and never have ES fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    100% incorrect. You get ES for CASTING Mind Blast or Mind Spike not for doing damage with them. You can miss every single Mind Blast and never have ES fall off.
    casting...good

[QUOTE=voodoohoodoo;11855793]i havent played with my spriest in a pve environment for quite a while ( i havent played wow for 2 months ) but it seems that things are becoming more complex for spriests.

you still need flawless rotation , you need to keep on eye on stuff like ES, you definetly need DI in order not to under-perform, you need to time your dots with int buffs so that you wont need to refresh everytime you gain X proc, our utility isnt at it's finest nowadays ( practically inexistant ) and we are still charged with the -x% tax of being a hybrid class while performing solely a dps role and after 4.2 , probably a single target dps role ... it feels akward

on the other hand i dont know how well we will be able to perform in arenas. The burst should be buffed but trying to kill a LoS abuser ,which most of the times runs faster , with nerfed dots seems kinda problematic.[/QUOTE

Scuse the hell outa me but shadow priest have been one of the top dps specs in game this ENTIRE xpac dot classes have excelled above the majority your "hybrid" statement is a fallacy try being a "hero" class and losing to hybrids hell just be a melee dps in general and you already have an advantage as a ranged

Out of caster comparison you SHOULD be able to out dps
    Warlocks Demo/Destro
    Shaman Elemental
    Mages Fire/Frost

I read blue posts every day if new ones are up. The "hybrid tax" doesnt exist anymore. Not quoting or anything but in wrath they specifically said they didnt want multi role classes doing the same as single role dpser the "pure dps class".

IMO ele shammys have had the lowest numbers of caster deeps this xpac but most of everyone else claims the top tier of numbers caster wise
    Yall deffinatly have a xpac favoring casters now you still have your self surviving tools n such to make great pvp opponents l2p everyone that dps is a dps role there is no support role in game technically besides a smite healing disc priest
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM