Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Havoc hand't even been born yet

Sebastian Shaw was never a Nazi, that experimented with/on Mutants, Mr. Sinister however, was.

Magneto getting his helm from Shaw was lame

Darwin's power doesn't make any sense. Adaptation means you adapt to your environment. So him growing gills made sense but him adapting to absorb a bullet? Nope, shouldn't have worked that way.

Angel the Pixie that shoots flaming hairballs was lame, so many much better characters to have chosen

Emma Frost is too young to have been there too

Beasts makeup after he mutated was LAAAAAAAME!!!!!!! >

Magneto did NOT help build Cerebro

Mystique was a little ho, falling first for Charles, next for Beast, and lastly for Magneto

All in all it was an enjoyable movie but like the OP stated, it was NOT made with fans of the comics in mind.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

The Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyrch View Post
    I found Wolverine: Origins painful to watch. Not only was it a poor movie to begin with, they completely butchered my two favourite Marvel characters (Gambit and Deadpool) in their live-action debut.

First Class was a slightly better movie, but it was obvious they had no regard for the actual characters. It's a movie for people who really aren't fans, and I think that's a bit of a shame.

So if you've seen the movie, and have noticed the many parts of it where it's completely against canon, post them here, and say why you didn't like it, or why you didn't mind it. I'm not going to post any in the first post, and many may include spoilers.

Edit: Since many can only think in black and white, let me emphasize something. No one expects a movie to follow the comics completely, but I would expect at least an effort to stay true to the characters. There's a middle-ground between being 100% true to the comics and disregarding everything that doesn't suit the movie execs desires.
    The superhero movies are supposed to appeal to people who have no knowledge of comic book related heroes whatsoever.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Havoc hand't even been born yet

Sebastian Shaw was never a Nazi, that experimented with/on Mutants, Mr. Sinister however, was.

Magneto getting his helm from Shaw was lame

Darwin's power doesn't make any sense. Adaptation means you adapt to your environment. So him growing gills made sense but him adapting to absorb a bullet? Nope, shouldn't have worked that way.

Angel the Pixie that shoots flaming hairballs was lame, so many much better characters to have chosen

Emma Frost is too young to have been there too

Beasts makeup after he mutated was LAAAAAAAME!!!!!!! >

Magneto did NOT help build Cerebro

Mystique was a little ho, falling first for Charles, next for Beast, and lastly for Magneto

All in all it was an enjoyable movie but like the OP stated, it was NOT made with fans of the comics in mind.
    And they never have, and never will be.

Iam utterly fed up with all the Super Hero movies. Its just Hollywood trying to make money off a cash cow. And comics were huge at one point and still remain a big market. So they bought up all the rights to the Super Hero characters back when the first Spiderman made a huge success and were just waiting on the production companies to shovel them out. I mean the Green Lantern, come on. I apologize if your a fan but I remember growing up and thinking the two weakest Heros were The Flash and the Green Lantern. Nobody I knew liked them and they seemed like a joke Hero to me. Now they spent 300 million dollars to produce a movie about it with Van Wilderer as the Hero. It just seems stupid to me, people ran out of ideas for movies so now their buying the rights to comics and video games that people love so they can make a movie about it and squeeze what little money is left in it out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Good, if it was then NO ONE would have enjoyed it. They're too anal.

Quote Originally Posted by Krull View Post
    Age of Apocalypse arc?
    I loved that Arc.

You guys know this movie was originally intended to be a prequel to the previous X-Men trilogy, which was very different from the comics?

Stop acting like everything before the Iron Man movie happened, despite how bad they might be.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Gd888 View Post
    I'm not the kind of person who thinks EVERY movie is good but seriously just stop going to the fucking movies if you're not going to let yourself enjoy anything.
    So because I'm critical of this movie, I don't enjoy anything?

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    I saw the thread was still going and checked back. I saw this. 7 pages of rage and its me with the problem(Along with everyone else who doesn't share your view). No, I love you. Entertaining people on the internet are best when they are sincere and driven. If I'm stuck with your exaggerations and conspiracy style logical leaps, the least I can do is appreciate them for their hilarity.
    Please, consider reviewing other movies. If you have a youtube channel to do so I'd love a link.
    Well, I'm happy I at least entertain you. Do you mind actually specifying where I've made "exaggerations and conspiracy style logical leaps"?

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Internet View Post
    The superhero movies are supposed to appeal to people who have no knowledge of comic book related heroes whatsoever.
    I noticed, and find that sad.
    Last edited by Chyrch; 2011-06-17 at 02:50 AM.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

Most folks that have seen it have said it is much better than the train wreck that was the wolverine move. I haven't yet cause to be honest, I'm just a little tired of xmen movies at this point

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched First class, made me laugh so much where magneto and charles went to wolverine and introduced themselves.

Deleted
    First class was great, waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the pile of steaming crap Wolverine was.

Go hate on the green lanturn : now that was a bad super hero movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a decent-good movie, much, much, much better than that pondscum scraped from a boot and put on film that was the Wolverine movie. Some of the characters were just...no....but overall, they were relatively faithful. McAvoy actually pulled off a decent young Charles Xavier, goofy at first, but you could see him maturing in the film, which is only natural. Probably the best of the Xmen series so far (it gets major bonus points for not having Halle Berry in it, one day, she'll realise she's not cut out for acting and retire...and on that day, humanity will throw a bloody party to celebrate), and that scene in the bar was worth the entrance fee alone...you know the scene i'm talking about.

I cant believe this many people Liked that god awful pile of shit Wolverine origins movie. That movie was the exact opposite of a good comic book film, the script was stupid retarded, the acting (Hugh did ok) was horrific, and the CGI-action sequences where one of the worst I have ever witnessed in any action film. They completely butchered Sabretooth,Deadpool, and Gambit, and tried to make Wolverine 1000x stronger than he actually is.

First class was good in my opinion. Sure they tried to cram way to many characters in at once, but overall they did a pretty nice job with it. I will say that it is the best Xmen film yet (Although Xmen 2 comes in at a very close second), but they still need to work on a better comic adaption.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Deleted
    I had to watch it with friends and didn't expect too much as i had not seen any of the X-Men movies nor read the comics. However, it turned out to be quite nice so I wanted to watch the prequels as well. They in turn weren't as good as I had expected both technically and in terms of plot so I as a superficial X-Men viewer consider First Class to be the best one (though I haven't watched Origins yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    First class was great, waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the pile of steaming crap Wolverine was.

Go hate on the green lanturn : now that was a bad super hero movie.
    I liked the Wolverine movie ^^ cant wait for no.2
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    They completely butchered Sabretooth,Deadpool, and Gambit, and tried to make Wolverine 1000x stronger than he actually is.
    What? The movie was terrible, but Sabretooth was actually really well done. Don't give me any crap about him not being Logan's brother in the comics, the core of the character is still there untouched.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

You can make a film inspired by the story, or you can make a film that is a reproduction of the story.

But don't ever try to rewrite the story.