Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A buddy of mine offered to sell me his Naga because he's getting the WoW mouse, and another friend is mailing me his Naga because he says he prefers the WoW mouse. Really odd, since I would go for the Naga in a heart beat. The latter was complaining how the Naga felt weird getting used to.

Having heard what seems to be the most common issue with the Naga, it would be what I'd still pick between the two. For playing WoW anyway.

While I advocate the use of the Razer Naga, if you are a clicker you are wasting your time with it since you are able to bind the 12 buttons off of your thumb plus as many more as you want when you add in a shift or ctrl. Since they're almost $100 I would tentatively tell you to go with a razer since I've heard that the wow mouses are cheap plastic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Molten Naga Away!

Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Comming from somebody who has used both for long periods of time, the Naga is FAR superior. Not just with button placement, but comfort, build quality, and looks as well.
    lol the cataclysm mmo mouse just came about 6-7 months ago, not that much of a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elki View Post
    lol the cataclysm mmo mouse just came about 6-7 months ago, not that much of a long period of time.
    Last I recall there were no practical differences between the pre-Cata and Cata WoW mouse.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Naga and Lycosa when playing WoW and they both do great, no complaints. Word of warning though if you do decide on the Naga which I recommend, the addon for WoW sucks especially if you run addon heavy UI's. The NUM setting is great addition and allows multiple macros to be set with great ease. Will come with a few hours of "whoops, I didn't mean to hit that moments"

altho when playing FPS still feels a bit weird but then sometimes I tends to hold the mouse tightly hence pressing the buttons by accident.
    This goes away in time, I failed pretty hard while playing Crysis 2.

While I advocate the use of the Razer Naga, if you are a clicker you are wasting your time with it since you are able to bind the 12 buttons off of your thumb plus as many more as you want when you add in a shift or ctrl. Since they're almost $100 I would tentatively tell you to go with a razer since I've heard that the wow mouses are cheap plastic.
    Yeah, keyboard is your friend.
    Last edited by Bonesjr; 2011-06-13 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Last I recall there were no practical differences between the pre-Cata and Cata WoW mouse.
    In that case i would say id rather be without a mouse than with that. I own the older wow mouse and it freaking sucks. i don't have anything good to say about it. the buttons are horribly placed, like you can use about 2 of the thumb buttons effectively enough to bind anything important on them. Second thing is the quality of the paint on the mouse. i have used mine for like 3 weeks or so before abandoning it for good and the paint has allready stripped off from parts of the mouse. Also a friend of mine has the same mouse and it practically has changed color to a white/grey plastic mouse from a year use. i don't know about naga since i haven't used it but id rather stick with a touchpad than Last gen wow mouse.

Deleted
    yea but i need a cheap naga, there like £80+ brand new

tried both of them and now i have steelseries wow mouse

110% more ergonomyc and practical. it fits my hand perfectly and all the buttons are easy to reach,useful and intuitive,not just a lot of buttons packed in 1 zone

Deleted
    I had an naga, brought a g700 felt alot better for me atlast got quite big hands so, but the naga is a decent mice.

Please go out to an hardware store to try the mice before buying..

naga /thread

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

I have the old steelseries wow mouse (got it because it was a lot cheaper on ebay than a naga)...well, it's ok. My hands are on the small side, so I'm almost wondering how much better the naga would be...I mean, the wow mouse isn't completely uncomfortable, but the positioning of some of the buttons is a bit awkward alone, size aside. Think I'm gonna see if I can score a cheap naga for my bday or something in a few months and try/compare, because from a functional point it would make more sense having a keypad like system with all the buttons easily thumb-reachable than training your hand to hit the different ones on a wow mouse.

Does the naga suffer from the famous Razer double click problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elki View Post
    razer naga is for poeple with smaller hands
    im 6.3 and i got bigger hands and only 6 buttons are useful for me
    and the mouse moves when you try to press a button because the buttons requires more force to press
    DO NOT get this if you got bigger hands
    i returned this back because its not my type of mouse
    i don't really know much about wow cata mouse.
    I have fairly big hands (not the biggest in the world tho) and am 6.1. And I can use all the 14 buttons of my naga mouse, hand size has nothing to do with it, because a friend of mine with even bigger hands can use all the buttons. It more so depends on your hand placement. Attempt to place your hand somewhat more to the back of the mouse or shift your hand position while using the mouse in order to reach the other buttons.

Currently, my palm doesn't even rest on top of the mouse, I only have my fingers on it and it is a fairly comfortable position. instead, I let my wrist and bottom of my palm rest on my mouse pad and move the mouse around by just moving my wrist. If I need to do excessive circle strafing, I can just lift my hand slightly.

A wow mouse is massive and the only advantage it could have is that it is viable for lefties. But for the rest, I wouldn't really recommend it. Most franchise hardware is fairly rubbish and overpriced for what it actually delivers imho.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-06-13 at 12:48 AM.

I have the naga, it is a lot smaller than I thought it would be and it does take some getting used to but it is by far the best mouse I have ever owned.

Deleted
    i want a naga but its the price that puts me off 80 for a mous i could get a hd 5770 for 10 pound more

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 04:01 AM ----------

if anyone on here is selling a razer naga id happily pay around £50 aslong as its the original one must be from uk though

Deleted
    I see a lot of people slating the WoW mouse by basing their opinion on the original version, and not the Cata version. The original WoW mouse was reviewed to be poorly designed for button placement and a poor quality finish that wore off really easily, making it look cheap and awful.

I saw several reviews (some on YouTube from users, some on product review websites) that stated the WoW Cata mouse was a major improvement over its predecessor. The button placement is more thought out and useful now, the feel and movement of the mouse is very smooth, and the finish seemed a lot more robust (though of course time will tell on that).

The main issue with the WoW Cata mouse is it's size. It is BIG. Due to this, it will favour people that use the 'palm grip' mouse style (where you rest your palm on the mouse). If you use more of a 'fingertip' or 'claw' grip style, and rest your palm/wrist more on the mousemat, then a smaller mouse will be more suitable. The button placements on each style and design of mouse will also suit different hand positions better. As stated in my earlier post, if you're spending that much on a mouse, try one out first to see what suits your hand position best.

Do not mistake big hands with thick fingers. There are a lot of people who have large hands but skinny fingers which makes the Naga a very suitable mouse for them. I have large hands but my fingers are a little thicker which is why I use the cata mouse. The naga is a great mouse but my thumb covers 4 buttons at once. Since I use the Cata mouse I will list the Pros and Cons.

Pros:

Large mouse great if you have large hands and thicker fingers
    A lot of buttons and very easy to access each one
    Cord does not tangle at all (it is one of those polyester/cloth covered cords)
    Software is very easy to use with tons of options and can be easily used with other games
    DPI is high enough for a game like WoW

Cons:
    May strain your hand if you have small hands/ short fingers.
    The one button behind the scroll wheel is kinda of messed, sometimes when I click it, it also clicks my left mouse button (sucks if you binded it to a cast)
    Bottom is wide, so a large mouse pad is recommended
    Wouldn’t be your best choice if you also play a lot of RTS games (SC II)

Deleted
    Naga hands down.