Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Falling Skies

Anyone gonna be watching this?

Totally, whats the air date again? 18th June?

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    Totally, whats the air date again? 18th June?
    Sunday June 19

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be, looks awesome.

Deleted
    It might be too early to judge but it looks like one of those shows in which some American backwood town is able to build up a resistance against the aliens, dispite the fact that the aliens are far more advanced in techology than they are. I mean if the aliens are able to master intergalactic space travel how is it that they can't easy wipe out humanity with a push of a button.

I'm still gonna watch the pilot but I'm sceptical wether this show will be any different that The Walking Dead, but with technologically advanced aliens.

dont mess with the walking dead tho, thats awesome as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    dont mess with the walking dead tho, thats awesome as well
    Oh dude I'm totally stoked about season 2 of the walking dead

15+ Year Old Account
    i have a feeling that this show is gonna run 1 season, where after it gets cancelled cause of low ratings. that's how the last few sci-fy series i picked up ended...

prob still gonna end up seeing it, atleast the pilot

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll check it out. If it has a good story i will watch it.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like aliens and UFOs but not when it means Earth gets destroyed. I'd like to assume that we will get along with and learn from aliens.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll watch the first couple episodes for sure just to see how it is. I will also laugh at how completely illogical it is that lowly humans can stand up to a species of space faring incredibly advanced aliens that would assuredly wipe out the entirety of the human race with the slightest of ease if this took place in reality. I expect it will end up going down one of two roads. Low ratings and canceled like most sci-fi television shows on major networks or it will be a highly viewed, completely overrated pile of garbage like most everything on TNT.

I should have just quoted H153's post lol.

Deleted

Angry Falling Skies

I gotta say I am totally looking forward to the Falling Skies premiere on Sunday the 19th of June. I think it will be bad ass. I was watching some of the trailers etc about theFalling Skies TV series at falling-skies.org and there was even a movie type trailer on there too. No idea how long this show will last as most of the shows I like get canned b4 they even get into the real storyline. eg FlashForward, V, Jouneyman, Jericho and the list goes on while they play rubbish that I can't wait to be cancelled eg Smallville, Fringe, Vampire Diaries etc.

Deleted
    Looks like a half decent new Sci Fi series, and god we need some new sci fi, even though that story has been told a 100 times.. I love me sci fi and will try anything..But..

Big But It will finished season 1 on a cliff hanger then get cancelled...

Like they did with invasion, Flash Forward, Defying Gravity and the epic FireFly

15+ Year Old Account
    Watched the first two episodes last night.

My initial opinions are pretty positive, however it suffers from some bad acting and many tropes. I'll have to watch more to give more of an opinion, but it's defiantly a must see this summer.

I find it pretty meh. In some ways it reminds me of Jericho, but Jericho started off to a much stronger start. I have nothing else to watch on Sunday nights so I'll probably keep giving it a chance to see if it picks up later in the season.

It suffers the same problem of a lot of post-BSG science fiction in that it has too much drama and not enough aliens, effects, and action. BSG balanced action and story pretty well, but I haven't really seen any show since that can find that balance and instead leans towards drama/story which makes the shows snoozefests.

Also, if they want the show to survive, they need to scale back the number of commercials. That show is the worst I've seen as far as commercials. They should rename the show "Falling Hyundais" at the rate they air those commercials.

It was incredibly meh. I've only seen the pilot, so maybe it gets better, but the acting and writing was pretty bad. And i hate it when underbudgeted TV shows try to use CGI. If you dont have enough money to make it look good then dont do it at all, because it just takes away any believability. The opening scene was pretty good though, and the character introduced towards the end was pretty interesting (although his crew all being conveniently bombed as he speeds away was another example of bad writing). All in all this show reminds me of a "SyFy" original show, execpt not quite as awful.

Deleted
    Yay this looks good..

1st 20 minutes in on Ep1 things started going down hill fast

Episode 2 I'm starting to thing the budget didn't stretch to any script writers..

Episode 3, after 20 minutes in I couldn't take anymore, this is a god awful show, cheap and nasty and written by chimps...

Good Science Fiction is based on good Science, and this show is just mind numbingly stupid...

I could go one for ages saying why this show is so bad, - just watch it and find out...

Just 1 point/ Alien race lands on earth and has no means of scanning humans. this show was written by people that have no sci-fi knowledge what so ever..

Shame, I love sci-fi, why can't they make something gritty and realistic, it cant be that hard can it...
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-07-11 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    watched the first 4 eps but really it's only because there's nothing much else on. Got True Blood + Leverage to watch too so that's something at least

So far I've enjoyed all 4 shows. It's a decent story and seems to have many subplots that could be explored and that's not counting just the aliens.

I think I read somewhere that it's already been asked to created 10 additional episodes or renewed for 10 additional episodes next season I can't remember which. It's doing really well for a new show.

I hope it can continue as I have not been disappointed.