Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    fucks sake fucking tank rings having fucking strength jesus fuck.

OT: fucks sake fucking tank rings having fucking strength jesus fuck
    Of course. Because druids dont use normal tank items. You can use agility for tanking stats, no other tanks can now. You will never see a agility/dodge item come out now because it will be worthless to every class/spec except feral bear druid. Str provides a parry conversion for all other tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo View Post
    So for spriests/boomkins/ele shams, there are 2 easily obtainable 378 trinkets, a 378 cloak that looks pre-heroic BiS (hit + haste), a 378 belt and TWO 391 rings for all incredibly low prices. 6 amazing epic items all from an easy faction grind? That along with the new easily obtainable epic craftable armor pieces and epic weapons (along with world boe drops) really shows just how far things have gone away from the "epic" feel of epics.

Oh and I forgot to mention how you can pay a guild to run you in heroic modes from the heroic boss drops to upgrade your gear to 391 items as well. Sure this won't happen a week after the patch is released, but in a month or two, but you know guilds will be rolling in the cash once their core raiders have been equipped.

L-O-L.
    Which has never happened before? Top guilds were selling t1/t2 in vanilla, SWP items were sold in BC, and ICC was sold in Wrath. Its got nothing to do with ease or difficulty of the items to acquire unless you make it take months to gear up and clear content entirely. 5 weeks after ZA came out on my server the bears were being sold for 10k per by multiple guilds. TK/SSC/BT and Hyjal were all run as gold selling runs by high end guilds where you paid 1-2k per item you wanted (or bidded if multiple wanted it aka GDKP).

Even already in cata, guilds/groups farm trash for BoE's and GDKP runs go into BoT and BWD regularly so your point is completely moot as its never been a problem previously.

15+ Year Old Account
    And hunters turn into a kitty too?

I'm confused... on Jesse Cox's video of this it was just chilling in org with fire kitty form...

Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp. Looks like I'm playing my druid again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherRogue View Post
    Do you raid to get gear? I thought it's for enjoyment.
    I hate it when people say this. Obviously the "feeling of taking down a boss" is fun enough in progression terms, but then why would you repeatedly kill a boss? Why do you keep showing up for raids when you've already killed those bosses? Maybe cause you're trying to gear up.

Also, what people tend to look past when people say "the epic feeling is lost" it's not just *seeing* people walk around in epics, it's the excitement you feel when you do get a new piece in a raid. Like when you have 3 other competitors on some trinket you want in a raid for example, when you see your top roll for that piece you've been wanting for weeks, you get a feeling that all your time spent helping out your guild/wiping/farming/putting in raids hours has paid off.

There's not a single prson out there upon getting the winning roll on a piece of gear they want that doesn't feel some sort of happiness, so don't try and give me this "I don't raid for gear" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    That is raid rep ala ICC rep, BT rep, etc.

It probably WONT be fast and who knows, maybe revered > exalted wont even be awarded from trash and possibly even from normal mode bosses.

Oh and those two trinkets? Suck. From ele PoV, Volcano >> both by large margin and even normal Theralion would be better than the crit one and probably on par with the spirit one... depending on how spirit heavy will be the rest of the 4.2 gear, because honestly, even in 359 gear, you have so much spirit you actually reforge out of it anyway. Heroic Theralion is just flat out better. Even possibly heroic Bell

For the "easy <faction> grind" you get 365s
    There's no way Volcano will win out vs the spirit one, maybe the crit one, but that spirit + on use: Int will be near, if not the, pre-heroic BiS. Hit is the #1 dps stat obviously followed closyly by haste, reforging that spirit to haste will be incredible, and on use int is amazing for ele shams due to elemental mastery (+ berserking for the troll shams) to be used in conjuction.

And check it out again, it's not 365 gear, it's all 378 gear according to the post.
    Last edited by Xombo; 2011-06-13 at 12:00 AM.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Deleted
    Hunter weapon anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Wow...this really bugs me. The name of the healing and agility rings are MIXED UP! Viridian should be healing and Quicksilver should be agility. Whatever Blizz lets just name things however we want now. I look forward to my agility dagger called "Blade of Intellectual Wisdom".
    Why cant quicksilver be healing and viridian dps? Viridian has been used before, and it was for plate dps items. It has been used for healing dragons prior only I believe.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=57264
    Quicksilver has been used for both healing and agility dps items.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=68776
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=56300

This to me seems like they have precedents set to use the names like they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Of course. Because druids dont use normal tank items. You can use agility for tanking stats, no other tanks can now. You will never see a agility/dodge item come out now because it will be worthless to every class/spec except feral bear druid. Str provides a parry conversion for all other tanks.

Which has never happened before? Top guilds were selling t1/t2 in vanilla, SWP items were sold in BC, and ICC was sold in Wrath. Its got nothing to do with ease or difficulty of the items to acquire unless you make it take months to gear up and clear content entirely. 5 weeks after ZA came out on my server the bears were being sold for 10k per by multiple guilds. TK/SSC/BT and Hyjal were all run as gold selling runs by high end guilds where you paid 1-2k per item you wanted (or bidded if multiple wanted it aka GDKP).

Even already in cata, guilds/groups farm trash for BoE's and GDKP runs go into BoT and BWD regularly so your point is completely moot as its never been a problem previously.
    Well of course there were, I remeber nether vortex selling very well for the all-mighty Stormherald. HOWEVER, only a certain number of pieces could be upgraded using them. I believe it was the weapon, boot and a pair of shoulders. In 4.2, EVERY SINGLE VALOR POINT PIECE will be upgraded using the heroic mode drops. Do you not see how this is a massive difference?
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Brb, respeccing to feral

I hate it when people say this. Obviously the "feeling of taking down a boss" is fun enough in progression terms, but then why would you repeatedly kill a boss? Why do you keep showing up for raids when you've already killed those bosses? Maybe cause you're trying to gear up.

Also, what people tend to look past when people say "the epic feeling is lost" it's not just *seeing* people walk around in epics, it's the excitement you feel when you do get a new piece in a raid. Like when you have 3 other competitors on some trinket you want in a raid for example, when you see your top roll for that piece you've been wanting for weeks, you get a feeling that all your time spent helping out your guild/wiping/farming/putting in raids hours has paid off.

There's not a single prson out there upon getting the winning roll on a piece of gear they want that doesn't feel some sort of happiness, so don't try and give me this "I don't raid for gear" crap.
    Instead of raiding for gear, raid for the enjoyment and be happy when gear comes your way. More and more are actually caring more about gear than the enjoyment of raiding. Which leads to burnout, slower progression and less output. People focus so much on their gear that they blame gear for their failures, pass on upgrades because there might be a more 'visible' upgrade on the next boss (Saw someone pass on a trinket to upgrade a blue 346 to 359 perfect stats for class trinket, because they wanted tier shoulders from last boss when they had 353 in indentical stats to tier I believe so was a really minor upgrade - token didnt drop for them and trinket had already been sharded). Items get sharded/given to others and people performance falls behind - which they then blame on gear. Many will also feel entitled to said item when it finally drops and became upset when someone else fairly wins it over them because they 'havent won a thing for weeks'.

Dont believe me, watch when you raid with PuG's and friends. See how many dont take the first upgrade that drops because they want XX item from the next boss or 5 bosses further in etc. I see it in basically every raid.

Deleted
    Such a shame that it will only be used for trash and silly stuff. Trash polearm is better for a kitty druid.

Well of course there were, I remeber nether vortex selling very well for the all-mighty Stormherald. HOWEVER, only a certain number of pieces could be upgraded using them. I believe it was the weapon, boot and a pair of shoulders. In 4.2, EVERY SINGLE VALOR POINT PIECE will be upgraded using the heroic mode drops. Do you not see how this is a massive difference?
    I wasnt talking about upgrading items - crafteds etc. Im talking of the actual drops. Nether vortex were common and easily distributed. Vortexes were only used to upgrade the BS weapons, and craft the new drops. As were the Heart of Darkness from BT/Hyjal (crafting not upgrading) and Sunmotes/Hardened Khorium used for crafting and changing/upgrading in SWP.

People paying many thousands for drops from other peoples raids was still very common (DST from Gruul was going for 15-20k before SWP came out on my server). These shards are not going to be any different really, you can upgrade 5-6 items max per spec, so 10-20 weeks of farming every heroic mode boss for a 10man raid give or take. By that time everyone is in full heroic loot and bosses on farm will be killed with alts/PuGs paying gold for drops. So instead of getting set drops, they now can sell the shard on top of it. So you can upgrade 4-5 items you need to farm the VP to get in the first place (which with a 980 cap will take you weeks upon weeks of capping out to do) All raids usually give something to upgrade items over what you have. Heroic tier tokens for example. Tier was bought with current currency item then upgraded via a heroic boss drop which could be sold etc once the guild no longer needed them. Heroic drops were used for crafting items etc.

I think your expecting alot more slots to be filled with VP items over what there actually is. Look at the list, only a few select classes will be using alot of those items over drops, as most will get raid drops in those slots much quicker than buying them. 4 Separate slots*
    Last edited by Dazu; 2011-06-13 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Passan View Post
    Is this only going to work for druid? If a hunter has this will they transform in combat as well?
    My guess is that it'll proc from melee hits. So you would wanna melee to transform into a fire cat as a hunter.
    But maybe it checks for a cat shapeshift on a caster in order to transform him into a fire cat form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a Druid much. Mains a lock. I'm really excited for you guys. You don't get to ever see any of your gear in combat. I hope blizzard adopts this method for you all permanately, and also something for bears. How hard could it be to attach this kind of awesome perk to an item specifically for feral. Clearly, the fire motif would be the top-end animation, but why can't weaker items do the exact same for you, but at a lesser extent?
    Gratz again! I may make my Druid my main now

makes you wonder if it will do the same model for bear tanks since im sure they'll wana roll on this too...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters will just say, this is so a hunter weapon.. Just make it a DRUID Only .... Fucking hunters are not gonna get this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    "Among other things, Relic items now have a Prismatic gem slot instead of a Red one."

hum I dont get this.. theres no socket bonus.. why exactly?
    Because there are still people who think a red socket can only be used for red gems.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyiran View Post
    Brb, respeccing to feral
    funny guy is funny ...

One thing is troubling me. This will be relatively easy to obtain (normal Staghelm kill) and at some point we will see every single feral turning into flame cat. While I like the looks, it kind of makes me uneasy with lore and immersion. The thing just stands out too much. It should be more unique, like for HC Ragnaros kill.

The same would be to give every hunter a big chaingun. Just becouse its "cool". Every hunter running around with chaingun would look retarded. Same as it will be retarded that every feral will fight as epic looking cat made of pure liquid flame.