Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    nice effect on the feral druid, amazing way of making the game more cool.

main question is why do they buff pve so much, give pvp or social some love.

it's same stuff with mounts alott of mounts added all are either pve raid ones or you can buy em for money, ooh wait.. 150 rated bgs.. socials? nop you got screwed or pay 20 dollars right...

gg on driving away alott of people again imo.

hope to see some more spread love.

(first whine post for me w00t!) ><
    Last edited by Lukos; 2011-06-13 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    nice effect on the feral druid, amazing way of making the game more cool.

main question is why do they buff pve so much, give pvp or social some love.

it's same stuff with mounts alott of mounts added all are either pve raid ones or you can buy em for money, ooh wait.. 150 rated bgs.. socials? nop you got screwed or pay 20 dollars right...

gg on driving away alott of people again imo.

hope to see some more spread love.

(first whine post for me w00t!) ><
    So, exactly what kind of things for socials DO you suggest? And how would a social be acquiring the mount0for-socials? Pay 20g and that's it? What exactly is it you want? You refuse to PvE, refuse to PvP (serious enough for the mounts anyway), I really fail to see why you're even playing, I'm a bit confused. Daily quests have often offered mounts and the like as a reward and frankly I'll be surprised if that's not the case this time too. But beyond that? What is it you ask of Blizzard, exactly?

Not to you in specific, but to so called 'casuals' (here defined as a person who says he has no time to play and finds everything too hard to obtain): Sorry that you can't play the content. Maybe this game is not for you after all if you don't have the time for it. Asking to dumb down the game in whatever form or way just to suit your 1 hour a week playstyle is not something I approve of, especially not when you fail to come up with concrete examples of how you envision this.

Does Jesus play a mage ? and suddenly he rerolled Drood?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    So, exactly what kind of things for socials DO you suggest? And how would a social be acquiring the mount0for-socials? Pay 20g and that's it? What exactly is it you want? You refuse to PvE, refuse to PvP (serious enough for the mounts anyway), I really fail to see why you're even playing, I'm a bit confused. Daily quests have often offered mounts and the like as a reward and frankly I'll be surprised if that's not the case this time too. But beyond that? What is it you ask of Blizzard, exactly?

Not to you in specific, but to so called 'casuals' (here defined as a person who says he has no time to play and finds everything too hard to obtain): Sorry that you can't play the content. Maybe this game is not for you after all if you don't have the time for it. Asking to dumb down the game in whatever form or way just to suit your 1 hour a week playstyle is not something I approve of, especially not when you fail to come up with concrete examples of how you envision this.
    well i can give you my personal background story if you like.
    started wow on beta US servers, moved to EU when BC came out raided threw it pvped also (never high end pvp).
    my job makes me travel alott and i sleep at the base (im in the navy) so most of the week days i cant raid anymore (used to alott).
    i still enjoy pvp a TON and some some heroic dungeons.
    got TB dragon mount, so i guess i can farm dont mind it either!

my main consern is, for this patch atleast they are adding some "fun" factors but those are mainly for semi pvp and semi raiding.
    so thats why i posted pvp mount good fun! it really is i love the concept instead of 0.5% of the arena teams get one (which they deserve! dont get me wrong).
    but still rated bg's i doubt anybody would take me along for that sinds i mostly only play on the weekends.

second part raiding... gf again for people who raid and work hard for me but thats my own personal problem that i can't raid (sucks for me)
    but there is no in betwine... if you know what i mean? either you DO rated bgs or DO raid! or nothing... (or pay 20 dollars :P)
    so my specifik little corner (maybe there are more maybe not) has no option to buy a mount or tradecards.

(maybe another tb mount? or more honor mounts?)
    more boe world drops good old times?
    daily quests rare drops?
    ooh well

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Belt of the Seven Seals - Spell DPS - A plate wearing caster....you're all screwed now!

Deleted
    its official,Ghostcrawler rerolled druid

Edit*: Oh so thats where the kitty buffs came from
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2011-06-13 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Unless you're looking at OCZ drives (or Sandforce 2 drives), SSDs in general are more reliable than HDDs. Intels SSDs are leagues ahead of everything in terms of reliability and 'safety'.
    When I mean reliability I'm not just referring to breaking or the issue of moving parts vs non-moving parts. It's an issue with longevity and the limited number of read/write (program/erase) cycles that can be done to a SSD vs a HDD and how prone to failure they are, especially after only a year or two of use, again likely due to the write limitations along with other issues, an issue that's not really there for HDDs, I still have HDDs from five to eight years ago (now retired, with a couple likely to be put into external enclosures) that still perform perfectly fine, as it stands now I doubt you could life get the same life span from a SSD you bought today or a year or two ago. Never mind that if your SSD fails you better have regularly back it up because you'll lose everything with no hope of recovery because it will die and most likely do so without any warning. Granted you shouldn't be putting anything other than programs/games onto it (and never any "important" files that are going to be frequently changed) with other files onto a HDD anyway.

SSDs are getting there and yeah Intel right now is considered the "best" in reliability and seems pretty confident now with their recent warranty increase for some of their SSDs. But SSDs are still "new" and will continue to improve where as HDDs have pretty much reached the end of where they can go. Once the limitations are resolved and the price/GB ratio starts to drop significantly mechanical drives will start being phased out, but we're still a ways away from that happening.

SSD have one real advantage, it is a big one and that's obviously speed. Yeah, no moving parts and power consumption are advantages too but that's not why people buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Do they have to throw crit on every and each damn STR item....
    To make up for their throwing Haste on almost every damn STR item in T11 as someone with a Warrior main, I'm pleased about having more options when it comes to Crit.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2011-06-13 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Reworded a couple things and added a little

Interesting item no doubt. After seeing that most (if not all) weapon models for the recicled lorelol rag instance are recicled weapons with some diferent effects its nice to see they making something unique.

I think for hunters it should turn their PET into a fire pet.

Deleted
    Firekitty! Roar! This is just too cool... I never imagined they could really do something like this.

PvE/PvP feral cat likes!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    well i can give you my personal background story if you like.
    started wow on beta US servers, moved to EU when BC came out raided threw it pvped also (never high end pvp).
    my job makes me travel alott and i sleep at the base (im in the navy) so most of the week days i cant raid anymore (used to alott).
    i still enjoy pvp a TON and some some heroic dungeons.
    got TB dragon mount, so i guess i can farm dont mind it either!

my main consern is, for this patch atleast they are adding some "fun" factors but those are mainly for semi pvp and semi raiding.
    so thats why i posted pvp mount good fun! it really is i love the concept instead of 0.5% of the arena teams get one (which they deserve! dont get me wrong).
    but still rated bg's i doubt anybody would take me along for that sinds i mostly only play on the weekends.

second part raiding... gf again for people who raid and work hard for me but thats my own personal problem that i can't raid (sucks for me)
    but there is no in betwine... if you know what i mean? either you DO rated bgs or DO raid! or nothing... (or pay 20 dollars :P)
    so my specifik little corner (maybe there are more maybe not) has no option to buy a mount or tradecards.

(maybe another tb mount? or more honor mounts?)
    more boe world drops good old times?
    daily quests rare drops?
    ooh well
    They added Rainbow Generator Trinket to game for Cata it is funny and obtainable by everyone out there ....

Quote Originally Posted by majko View Post
    They added Rainbow Generator Trinket to game for Cata it is funny and obtainable by everyone out there ....

........ w0000000000000000t!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Inb4 massive QQ from other classes because druids get uberawesomeninjajesus flame staff and they don't.
    I don't see why they would.

Every non-transforming class gets to change their look every tier. Cats looked the same as every other cat regardless of gear from T1 - T11... it doesn't exactly make them special to finally get an item that makes them look different.

To those Druids pointing out that this only looks different in combat... I think the point is to leave the native gear look for major cities and for this look to be more of a while-raiding/PvPing sort of thing.

But, oh the QQ we'll hear when this staff becomes obsolete and Druids have to leave it behind. Here's hoping that keeping it in inventory will be enough to trigger the effect.
    WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles

I really love this idea for the cat staff and honestly something like this should probably be available every tier for the various druid forms just to give them some visual benefit of gaining armor. I would say though that the spell effect of going "firecat" looks a bit odd. It uses the "cloud splash" looking effect that comes down from the sky as part of the Worgen (and perhaps other druid) transforms which make sense when you take a vertical standing creature and convert it from head to toe into another creature. I'm not sure if this was Omen of Clarity procing either but there also seems to be that burst of green at the same time (which clearly describes nature and not fire).

If I could change anything I would make the fire come from the face of the cat and move backwards along it's body and a similar kind of effect coming out of it. Even just taking the current effect and rotating it would be perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIXZERO View Post
    It's an issue with longevity and the limited number of read/write (program/erase) cycles that can be done to a SSD vs a HDD and how prone to failure they are, especially after only a year or two of use,
    The limited number of write cycles is not a concern; barely so for MLC drives (for 24/7 enterprise) - and not at all for SLC drives. You telling me that you expect to write anywhere near 420 terabytes of information on a single 120gb SSD? (Or 1.2 petabyte on older units)
    an issue that's not really there for HDDs, I still have HDDs from five to eight years ago (now retired, with a couple likely to be put into external enclosures) that still perform perfectly fine, as it stands now I doubt you could life get the same life span from a SSD you bought today or a year or two ago.
    Sure you can, again - just don't buy OCZ drives. Some 0.5% of intels SSDs have failed three years after the release of the original X25-M; and Kingston is showing no issues either. Compare that to the absolute minimum of 2% for the lower capacity caviar black HDDs in the same period (which is the best HDD in this department), but much worse (up to 10%) for the higher capacities. Added platters absolutely destroys reliability.

Never mind that if your SSD fails you better have regularly back it up because you'll lose everything with no hope of recovery because it will die and most likely do so without any warning.
    You just described a hard drive, roughly half of the mechanical hard drives that die do so without advance warning. The Sandforce controller is known to die, but that still doesn't kill the data the drive itself stored. That makes it trivial to recover it; which in fact could be done at home with the correct tools, something thats impossible with a HDD (You know why they say never to disect a HDD and expect it to work afterwards?).
    Part of the reason why enterprise SSDs sometimes implement hardware level encryption.

Granted you shouldn't be putting anything other than programs/games onto it (and never any "important" files that are going to be frequently changed) with other files onto a HDD anyway.
    You should not be storing anything of importance on a single drive of any sort, SSD or not. Backups should be obvious, and RAID1, 5, and 10 was devised for a reason; to minimize the impact of the all to regular hard drive failures.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-06-13 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffay View Post
    Probably not the first to ask but I cba reading through 7 pages :P..

So how is this gunna work if a hunter has the weapon? Fire nelf? Standing fire kitty? Or just no effect lol
    since you have to actually shift into cat form for it to show up, yea i'm guessing hunters didnt get a new cat form in 4.2 right?

Deleted
    I can't wait for SWTOR.......wow is just looking so dated and anything new just looks recycled....Next time spend some money on on decent artist to make some NEW armor sets that doesn't look the same over and over and over......and the fire cat..just gay....as soon as SWTOR is out bye bye blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some pretty neat stuff in those rep rewards.

Also: FIRE CAT form? Really?

Great! In Tier11 Hunters only get to be a fake murloc with balls on their shoulders, while druids get all that awesome in 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Diraunta View Post
    why can't shamans be fire wolves
    Cause Thrall didn't switch over to Ragnaros's side.