Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

NATO Vs Anonymous

Has anyone been following Anonymous' latest affairs? I started paying closer attention after the Barr incident (which colbert covered and is friggin hilarious, e http://comedy.videosift.com/video/Co...aks?loadcomm=1 )

And now Anonymous has put out a statement toward NATO in response to a document that was written up, listing them as a prime example of cyber attacks

http://anonnews.org/?p=press&a=item&i=1001

I find myself fascinated by all of this. Do you? Do you care at all?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Anonymous is a force of justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

I've said it in regards to Lulz as well, but these egomaniacs are going to have fun when they aren't so anonymous anymore.

Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke. Anonymous has no idea who its talking to, does it?
    They claim that they intend to take on an entity which, in a single day, spends more money than all of them combined will ever earn in their lifetimes?
    Sorry, anonymous, you guys aren't the best hackers in the world. Not even slightly close. The best hackers in the world work for the military, the guys you are talking shit to.
    Why? Because unlike anonymous, the military has a structured hierarchy that gives all of its members a comfortable salary. The military has millions of men and women who believe that what they are doing is right. Anonymous has a handful of people who think what they are doing is right, and a few thousand kids who occasionally follow you because they think hacking makes you cool.

Good luck in your war on the most powerful organization on Earth!

I wouldn't say the military has the best hackers in the world good ones don't get me wrong since they heavily recruit from people who were extremely good at it until they got caught but I do believe their is quite a few better ones because the best ones don't get caught.

But yes I dislike Anonymous they're cowards who refuse to show their faces but yet have these massive ego's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Colbert has some god damn good moments!

"Barr, a self-described counter of hacking, which ultimately meant he had an e-mail account."
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2011-06-14 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    and a few thousand kids who occasionally follow you because they think hacking makes you cool.
    Wait it doesn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Wait it doesn't?
    Only in Korea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe I am starting to like these guys....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

What a joke. Anonymous has no idea who its talking to, does it?
    They claim that they intend to take on an entity which, in a single day, spends more money than all of them combined will ever earn in their lifetimes?
    Sorry, anonymous, you guys aren't the best hackers in the world. Not even slightly close. The best hackers in the world work for the military, the guys you are talking shit to.
    Why? Because unlike anonymous, the military has a structured hierarchy that gives all of its members a comfortable salary. The military has millions of men and women who believe that what they are doing is right. Anonymous has a handful of people who think what they are doing is right, and a few thousand kids who occasionally follow you because they think hacking makes you cool.

Good luck in your war on the most powerful organization on Earth!
    Don't blame me when your pc gets butt raped in 2 days.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    Don't blame me when your pc gets butt raped in 2 days.
    That might happen. It wouldn't prove anything, though. The military would've made my computer kill me.
    (Thats a joke)(maybe)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, hmm, I wonder who would win?

NATO, an alliance of dozens of countries and their combined military VS a random group of people that can hack computers...

10+ Year Old Account
    That might happen. It wouldn't prove anything, though. The military would've made my computer kill me.
    (Thats a joke)(maybe)
    You are overreacting.
    Military is not that good, they trying to look better than they are in real
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Only in Korea.
    Agreed.. one day hackers will ruin alot more than they so far have. Lets see all the fanboys then.

Hackers should be get a real job, and start actually supporting the economy rather than trying to fuck with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While you're right about the former, the latter is laughable.

Also, your bit about salaries being a motivator:
    How can you compare a group of individuals who do something for no monetary gain whatsoever, to a group who are only doing a job because they're paid for it?

You're comparing 'true believers' to 'hired goons', and you're picking the goons?
    There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

How can you compare a group of individuals who do something for no monetary gain whatsoever, to a group who are only doing a job because they're paid for it?

You're comparing 'true believers' to 'hired goons', and you're picking the goons?
    Everyone has a price.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedow View Post
    Hackers should be get a real job, and start actually supporting the economy rather than trying to fuck with it.
    "Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos. Now take this empty glass. Here it is: peaceful, serene, boring. But if it is destroyed...

Look at all these little things! So busy now! Notice how each one is useful. A lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, hundreds of people, who will be able to feed their children tonight, so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teeny children of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great chain of life. You see, father, by causing a little destruction, I am in fact encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business. "

Hackers ensure that those of us working in infosec have jobs =P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

Anonymous is (my estimate) 90% fair weather volunteers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Everyone has a price.
    Of course. But the fact that some people do things for no profit at all, is an indication that they believe in the cause to begin with. To have to be paid to do it. Well. You can believe in it too; but I don't think your belief is as strong.

Anonymous is (my estimate) 90% fair weather volunteers.
    It's probably more like 99%. That said, I feel my 'true believers' vs 'hired goons' analogy remains true.