Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaild0rf View Post
    I think I love you
    Indeed, thanks OP
    I'm already setting my evil AH plan in motion.

and the award for the best gold forum goes to the consortium.stormspire
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

Updated my original post to answer Noxiye's question. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post11886880

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinshroud View Post
    @Noxiye:

/auc getall will be affected by the size of your Auction House, the amount of activity/population going on in your current zone (so e.g. Exodar will be quicker than Stormwind) as well as your Internet speed and distance to the World of Warcraft servers.

It's good to reset your Auctioneer Database every few months otherwise you end up with outdated prices. What I recommend is:
    1) Create a copy of World of Warcraft and name is World of Warcraft_backup or something.
    2) Reinstall Auctioneer or manually reset your Auctioneer Database in your normal WoW Folder.
    E.G. Go to your World of Warcraft Root Folder (E.g. C:\World of Warcraft\ > WTF > Account > Account NAme > Saved Variables and delete any of the .lua or .bak files that has 'auctioneer' in it's file name. - This is to reset the data, not to reinstall the addon.
    3) When you login to WoW now, your item prices will be reset and you have your old WoW Folder to login to if you want to check an item seencount or an old price.
    Sometimes it's a good idea to keep playing on the World of Warcraft Cop/Backup Folder until you have a week's worth of scanning done on the fresh WoW Folder.

You can also manually reset items in Auctioneer by typing

Code:
    /auc clear [itemlink]
    The itemlink will need to be shiftclicked into there, now just typed in.

Personally I run Auctioneer and TradeSkillMaster addon, both of which have their own Item Price Database. So Auctioneer keeps track of my month-year old data, and TradeSkillMaster keeps track of all the new items. I believe TSM also has a better way of pruning outdated data from the database than Auctioneer does.

The Consortium also hosts the official TradeSkillMaster Addon forum.

Hope that helped

Thank you very much for your time, I will try this and see how it works out. I'd offer you gold as payment, but I'm pretty sure my entire gold purse won't have a dent in your empire.

I'll just bow down in awe of yours and Sterling1's time spent. You guys rock.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2011-06-14 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    With 1,061,635 gold you arent a MULTI-millioniar... sorry, but after discovering this lie, I cant take you serious anymore!
    Multi-Millionaire's = more then one millionaire in 1 place so unlucky for you - this topic title is valid;

Very nice guide, a lot of time and effort in there;

A++++
    I used to have a signature, then a mod removed it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Thank you very much for your time, I will try this and see how it works out. I'd offer you gold as payment, but I'm pretty sure my entire gold purse won't have a dent in your empire.

I'll just bow down in awe of yours and Sterling1's time spent. You guys rock.
    You are welcome, we don't want anything in return, we help people because we love to do it, and that's all!

BTW, Auctioneer has a very nice little WikiFAQ here too, that often answers common questions or gives nice tips: http://wiki.norganna.org/Auctioneer/FAQ

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

Very nice guide, thanks for that!

- Shiny said, I was the best.

im fine with pushing 100k gold, only takes like 1hr per day to get 10k+ gold in return.

very good guide!
    Omegasupreme - Memento Mori - Frostmane-EU wowprogress

Deleted
    You are welcome, we don't want anything in return, we help people because we love to do it, and that's all!

BTW, Auctioneer has a very nice little WikiFAQ here too, that often answers common questions or gives nice tips: http://wiki.norganna.org/Auctioneer/FAQ

Sounds neat, I'll go check that out. I've got another question for you personally, what would you suggest to be the first thing to do if you want to start playing the AH, if your current gold worth is too low to be spoken of? I'd very much appreciate a specific response if possible. The guide suggests a couple of ways to start off, but they all seem risky (aside from the farming part), with the simple notion that the vendor bought items simply won't sell.

Edit: the payment part was mostly a joke, but you guys sure deserve a lot of praise for this guide. I can only do so much personally, I hope the guide gets the attention it deserves.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2011-06-14 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Will have a play with this once I've finished my other crap for the day, looks like an excellent post (and forum).

10+ Year Old Account
    wow intense guide !
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

What would you suggest to be the first thing to do if you want to start playing the AH, if your current gold worth is too low to be spoken of?
    Well, everyone has different ways of starting off, but in the end most of the top-end gold makers end up doing pretty much everything on every single profession. Professions are definitely key for a continuous and steady stream of gold (for example I normally make on average 10k gold every night while I'm asleep, just from auctions across various toons and professions).

What professions (and their levels) do you have? Also how much gold do you have? There really is no problem in having less gold and some others, everyone accumulates different things - for example you might have much better gear or more achievements or more honor kills than many millionaires in wow.

Deleted
    Seems like..no matter how much i read guides or try to learn auctioneer...it just wont work i think im a complete retarded failure q.q

Deleted
    Well, everyone has different ways of starting off, but in the end most of the top-end gold makers end up doing pretty much everything on every single profession. Professions are definitely key for a continuous and steady stream of gold (for example I normally make on average 10k gold every night while I'm asleep, just from auctions across various toons and professions).

What professions (and their levels) do you have? Also how much gold do you have? There really is no problem in having less gold and some others, everyone accumulates different things - for example you might have much better gear or more achievements or more honor kills than many millionaires in wow.
    I've got a lot of professions, I'll edit this post with a screenshot/spreadsheet of the professions I have shortly. My gold totals up to about 1-2k currently, making me nothing short of totally broke.

Edit: Nevermind, the screenshot turned out to be pointless. I had a lot of duplicate professions, I'll just list them here.
    Herbalism: three characters with maxed or almost maxed. Stupidity at its peak? Actually a bunch of transfered characters who had 450 from WoLK, and rather than replacing them, I leveled them to max, seeing as herbalism is one of the easiest professions to level up quickly.
    Alchemy: two characters with 525.
    Engineering: 496 and 406.
    Mining: 525.
    Jewelcrafting: 492 and 452.
    Tailoring: 525.
    Enchanting: 525.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2011-06-14 at 01:54 PM.

TLDR

because earning virtual currency in an MMO is hard, that you need a guide.

Deleted
    Bump + updated post! (for Sinshroud to read)

I've got a lot of professions, I'll edit this post with a screenshot/spreadsheet of the professions I have shortly. My gold totals up to about 1-2k currently, making me nothing short of totally broke.

Edit: Nevermind, the screenshot turned out to be pointless. I had a lot of duplicate professions, I'll just list them here.
    Herbalism: three characters with maxed or almost maxed. Stupidity at its peak? Actually a bunch of transfered characters who had 450 from WoLK, and rather than replacing them, I leveled them to max, seeing as herbalism is one of the easiest professions to level up quickly.
    Alrighty well, herbalism, mining and doing dailies is always a good way to start if you need basic start up capital. You don't necessarily need to farm Cata ore/herbs either. For example Cobalt Ore (WOTLK Tier 1 Ore) sells for 70 gold a stack on my sever compared to 20-30gold a stack of Obsidium and Elementium Ore.

Jewelcrafting and Alchemy are a great combination, for example:
    • A stack of Obsidium Ore costs 30 gold on the Auction House
    • Each Obsidium Ore stack when prospected, on average gives 6 uncommon gems and just under 0.5 rare gems (so we don't normally take rare gems into account).
    • Alchemy's Transmute Shadowspirit Diamond (which produces 2 diamonds) costs 3 of every 6 uncommon gems. So 18 Uncommon gems in total.
    • If 1 Obsidium Ore stack gives 6 uncommon gems and costs 30 gold a stack, that means that each gem costs 5 gold (30/6=5).
    • 18 Uncommon Gems X 5 gold Each means each Alchemy Transmute costs you 90 gold.
    • Each transmute gives you 2 gems, so therefore each Shadowspirit Diamond costs you 45 gold (90/2=45).

Go check the prices of Shadowspirit Diamonds on your server. On most they will sell for over 80 gold raw and up to 250 gold cut.
    That 45 gold cost per Shadowspirit Diamond doesn't include any rare gems that you might get from prospecting the Obsidium Ore (rare gems can sell anywhere from 15g-80g raw). Ontop of that, if you are a transmute specced alchemist, you often get a X3, X4 or even X5 proc.
    If you get 3 Shadowspirit Diamonds from one transmute (so you procced 1 extra one) then 90 gold / 3 = 30 gold. You making Shadowspirit diamonds at 30 gold and they selling for say 80 gold. That's 50 gold profit already.

The possibilities are endless
    • Do your truegold transmutes every day on both your alchemist. If you are transmute specced then you can proc X2-X5 truegolds which is an instant extra 500-1500 gold profit.
    • Try sell some tailoring bags. Netherweave bags sell extremely well and basically only cost 1 stack of cloth per bag.
    • Enchanting is great money too, especially with the patch coming up, people will be buying their Tier 11 from Justice Point Vendors, so will need new enchants, etc. If you take advantage of the current material prices and save the enchant scrolls for the patch, the material costs are bound to rise due to high demand, meaning the enchant scroll prices will rise too - yet you made yours when they were cheaper - so you get even more profit!
    • Engineering has some great pets that can be made and sold. If I remember correctly there is a new pet achievement coming in 4.2 as well.
    Last edited by Sinshroud; 2011-06-14 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Again, thank you very much, I'll be doing this when I get a proper database from scanning. (I managed to clear the database, too)
    Thanks for everything so far!

Edit: I actually have one last question for you, if you don't mind (I understand if you're getting bored with me); I've been considering dropping Engineering and Jewelcrafting on my DK (452 JC, 496 Eng) and pick up two other professions, as it's my only character with 310% mount speed (got it in WoLK). Considering pure income, would this be a good idea? Let's say I get Skinning and Inscription, would the course from 1-525 make me enough money to make it worth it, or should I be focusing on the characters with decent professions already? (Enchanting/Tailoring/JC/Alch)
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2011-06-14 at 02:16 PM.

Why need 100 professions when u can make 1million gold with only 1?