Deleted

Cho'gall 10man Hc

hi,

first post on MMO so here it goes. My guild and i are about to start trying chogall Hm on 10man and i was just wondering firstly is it 3healable with a fire mage getting 100% corruption and all dps in at least half 372 heroic gear and secondly would people rate this as a hard fight compared to something like nef?

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated

we used 2 healers (pala and shaman) and i (as mage) stayed "uncorrupted". i think this fight is on a comparable level to nef, i can't say i find one of them harder.

Deleted
    As said its possible, but its also quite easy to 2 heal assuming your raid can avoid easy to dodge raid damage.

As to the diffuculty, i would rate it a step lower then nefarian. in the end this fight is just a dps race, can u get it down before your healers go oom/corruption becomes unhealable.

Where Nef is alot more of a control fight, not bursting him to fast for to many crackles, add kiting fires all over the place and such

He went down really fast for us compared to nef at least. (we 2 heal it)

Deleted
    thanks for the fast replies, but still wondering if there is anyone that has 2healed the fight?

It's easier to 3 heal it with a Corrupted Fire Mage. It's essentially like having 11 people in the raid, you still have 3 healers, but you also have 1 dps doing double, almost triple his normal dps, so it's like you have 6 dps. It's less of a strain/learning curve for your healers, all you need to do is rotate CDs on the Mage so that he takes as little damage as he can on the Shadow AoEs.

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikj View Post
    thanks for the fast replies, but still wondering if there is anyone that has 2healed the fight?
    2 people just told you they 2 healed, I'm going to guess you mean 3 healed? If so, yes, my group 3 heals it.

Using Resto Shaman Spirit Link Totem while the whole raid is topped up will bring the Corrupted Fire Mage to near full health. Resto Sham is really OP for this technique.

we 3heal it without having anyone get to 100% corruption, here's our vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpXh0mPGd0

You don't need to rotate CDs for all shadow aoe's, only having disc shields is enough.
    Prot warrior safeguard is a viable option for CD if you don't want to overloard your healers.

Either 2 healing or 3 healing+mage/destro warlock going corrupted is viable, I found the latter better because the tank deaths weren't happening as frequently as with just 2 healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    It's easier to 3 heal it with a Corrupted Fire Mage. It's essentially like having 11 people in the raid, you still have 3 healers, but you also have 1 dps doing double, almost triple his normal dps, so it's like you have 6 dps. It's less of a strain/learning curve for your healers, all you need to do is rotate CDs on the Mage so that he takes as little damage as he can on the Shadow AoEs.

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 09:46 PM ----------

2 people just told you they 2 healed, I'm going to guess you mean 3 healed? If so, yes, my group 3 heals it.

Using Resto Shaman Spirit Link Totem while the whole raid is topped up will bring the Corrupted Fire Mage to near full health. Resto Sham is really OP for this technique.
    yeah i meant 3 heal it obviously im too overwhelmed with my first mmo post and also thanks for the vid Isei

Quote Originally Posted by isei View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpXh0mPGd0
    awesome video intro! very nice!

Deleted
    yeah loved the intro,

thanks for all the replies gonna try cho'gall tonight with a few people tonight while we wait for our full team to be back

Quote Originally Posted by isei View Post
    OT, but that is the greatest intro I've ever seen.

Deleted
    We killed him 2 nights ago, with the following setup:

Tanks: Bear and Protadin
    Healers: Double resto shammy, holy priest.
    DPS: Corrupted Fire mage, Retardin, Hunter, and double s-priest
    (maybe not the coolest raid setup, but it did work)

We had me getting corrupted, by eating the corrupting crashes (extra heals during this, it hurts) Afterwords, we chained hand of sacrifice and divine guardian, to make me last 2 full shadow orders. Then used a spirit link totem to top me, when the group was at 100%. (even though our priest was holy, he shielded me during shadows orders of course)
    Since we had 2 spirit links avalible, we used the second one early, so we had 1 ready again for the transision, and 1 for p2.

Fire mages should focus the elementals, stand a couple of yards from the group, and not face the group. Ask for help on elementals during your evocation (mana is a big issue). If adds are stacked properly, one blast wave, followed by 1-3 flamestrikes ontop of the hunters aoe should be enough to take down the blood blobs.

Stuff we noticed during progression:
    Twisted devotion lasts alot longer, and the fight can quickly become unmanagable if you dont time your MC interupts fast enough.
    Our healers wanted s-priests mana hymn at around 40% boss health.
    If entering last phase during shadows orders, back it up with a Divine Hymn/Tranquility. (Or even better, Aura mastery at the same time)

Have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight was much easier than the other end bosses for us. We spent ~100 attempts on Al'Akir and Nef each. We killed Cho'gall in 7.

We 2 Healed it(Frost DK came in on his resto druid and both our priests went shadow) and we killed it first time in phase 3 a little after the 2nd set of adds died.

Don't suck @ interrupts and don't get hit by things, and as long as your healers know how to heal then the fight is really easy.