Need or Greed perfect idea

An idea just hit me, whad'ya think.

So you join a random dungeon as a Tank, and you specifically joined to get DPS gear (your tank set is maxed out from raiding). When your group gets to the first boss and kills him, a DPS item drops that you need, a DPS specifically needed that item also, but with the new system of Need or Greed it's no problem.

If you're the tank the need button will look something like this

[Armor of Awesome Dps] : Need (offspec) Greed

If you're the DPS it won't have the (Offspec) in parenthesis, so even though you and the DPS both rolled need on it, and the other 3 people rolled greed, the DPS will win the item because it's for his main spec for the dungeon.

The nice thing about this is it won't create extra buttons to choose from on loot which I think blizzard specifically want's to avoid, and it will also fix ninja problems and make everyone happy. The DPS will see you also wanted it, and a conversation can carry out between you 2 to see if he can spare the piece for you if he's nice enough, without causing problems.

This will help so you don't have to get in the way of someone who needs it for their main spec, but will win it for your personal use over people who just want to sell it.

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 03:02 PM ----------

-If I was still playing WoW i'd post it on the official forums, but I don't so if anyone thinks it's a good enough of an idea, go ahead and copy paste / reword it w/e and put it on their for me.
    Last edited by Tfops101; 2011-06-14 at 02:59 PM.

This system is subject to total abuse. Here is how. As an enchanter on my disc/shadow priest I am still trying to level up so I need mats. I go in as a healer and dps cloth drops that I dont need as far as upgrade but I really want the shard/dust and everyone else wears plate/leather/mail. Now I can need it and shard for myself instead of having to give everyone a chance at the shard/dust.

The other side for non-enchanters would be to need every off spec so that I can sell for quick profit for me and screw the non that armor class people.

Granted I could do either currently, but I try and be a nice guy. This system would just make it easier

Quote Originally Posted by pokpok View Post
    This system is subject to total abuse. Here is how. As an enchanter on my disc/shadow priest I am still trying to level up so I need mats. I go in as a healer and dps cloth drops that I dont need as far as upgrade but I really want the shard/dust and everyone else wears plate/leather/mail. Now I can need it and shard for myself instead of having to give everyone a chance at the shard/dust.

The other side for non-enchanters would be to need every off spec so that I can sell for quick profit for me and screw the non that armor class people.

Granted I could do either currently, but I try and be a nice guy. This system would just make it easier
    You know where you can do what you're talking about right now? Every single dungeon with the system that's already in place...

post directed at pokpok : Todays system..

Druid tank, priest healer, Warlock DPS, hunter DPS ---- In this situation you would be the Warrior DPS
    Leather......Cloth.............Cloth.............Mail...................You're the Plate

Plate drops, you roll need on it saying off spec, you win for your personal devious ideas.

My idea..

Druid tank, priest healer, Warlock DPS, hunter DPS ---- In this situation you would be the Warrior DPS
    Leather......Cloth.............Cloth.............Mail...................You're the Plate

Plate drops, you roll need on it saying off spec, you win for your personal devious ideas.
    Last edited by Tfops101; 2011-06-14 at 03:39 PM.

People have been suggesting this exact idea since the LFD tool was added. Blizzard is not going to change it just so people don't fight. They are not your baby sitter making sure you get along. There's already a perfect solution to the problem: run with your guild and/or friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    People have been suggesting this exact idea since the LFD tool was added. Blizzard is not going to change it just so people don't fight. They are not your baby sitter making sure you get along. There's already a perfect solution to the problem: run with your guild and/or friends.
    They don't have to baby sit, this is just making Need or Greed properly prioritize the loot without adding any new buttons or over complicating anything.

Deleted
    Your idea: Main spec having total control over whether I get that item for my off spec or not, probably even asking me to pay something for it. Blizz not doing a shit about things like this because the main spec guy had the right to roll need (main spec).

Your idea fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Krostas View Post
    Your idea: Main spec having total control over whether I get that item for my off spec or not, probably even asking me to pay something for it. Blizz not doing a shit about things like this because the main spec guy had the right to roll need (main spec).

Your idea fails.
    Hide what people fucking roll then dipshit? have a more negative attitude please.

Quote Originally Posted by Krostas View Post

Your idea fails.
    Your sentence: Fails in every way shape and form.

Roll last dumbass.

Yeah, I had that idea a while ago, put it on the forums and it just got no attention... You're wasting your time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tfops101 View Post

[Armor of Awesome Dps] : Need (offspec) Greed

If you're the DPS it won't have the (Offspec) in parenthesis, so even though you and the DPS both rolled need on it, and the other 3 people rolled greed, the DPS will win the item because it's for his main spec for the dungeon.
    but if i join as my tank, and i've explained why im there, say for OS gear, and then a dps says he might like the gear we share, but he's happy for both of us to roll (had this situation occasionally) then what happens? because his roll by default beats mine. just an example but i think that not everyone needs a strict system to keep it fair
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

his idea on hiding what people roll combined with his main idea would solve 90000% of all the problems, I don't see anything wrong with this, would fix everything.

Kros is just a negative idiot.

Alt accounts are not allowed and evil-doings of alt accounts are forwarded to the main account.
    Future alt accounts may lead to a ban of the main account.

Please refrain from behavior like this.

Thanks ♥ Nye
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-06-14 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfops101 View Post
    Hide what people fucking roll then dipshit? have a more negative attitude please.
    Even more negative? I'll give it a try, sure.
    Other than that there's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws in your idea.
    Insulting me, however, doesn't really seem to help your cause.

Hiding what others roll will be a great idea to make rolling on stuff like Chaos Orbs or the satchels in ZG even more frustration for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Roofwall1749 View Post
    Your sentence: Fails in every way shape and form.

Roll last dumbass.
    See above. Smartass.

And for the two of you another piece of information to chew on:
    Every person in the dungeon contributed to the success in the group the same, so granting a single person superior rights on certain pieces of gear to somebody else who needs it just the same seems a little bit unfair, doesn't it? This has been confirmed by blue-posters, too.

Even more problems would arise with spirit-gear, since hybrid classes can roll main spec on them with two specs, same for leather with agility and bear-tanks. Next thing you're going to propose weighing stats as to how helpful they are for the spec you have... and before you know it, there's practically no choices left in everyday WoW life, because no-one ever gets the gear he wants but only what the game-engine lets him roll Need (main spec) on.

Quote Originally Posted by the lich knough View Post
    but if i join as my tank, and i've explained why im there, say for OS gear, and then a dps says he might like the gear we share, but he's happy for both of us to roll (had this situation occasionally) then what happens? because his roll by default beats mine. just an example but i think that not everyone needs a strict system to keep it fair
    Would be just as easy with my idea in place.. look at what eachother rolled, if he's nice enough to even accept rolling with you in your scenario, he'd be nice enough to open trade if you ended up rolling higher than he did in my scenario.

Temper temper everyone. Future hairpulling will not be tolerated and all of you will have to go to the silent corner and reflect on what you did.

Thanks ♥ Nye

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Temper temper everyone. Future hairpulling will not be tolerated and all of you will have to go to the silent corner and reflect on what you did.

Thanks ♥ Nye
    NOT THE NAUGHTY CORNER, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I like the new "Thanks <3 Nye" thing btw.

Erm.. something.. nice idea... something.. *cough*

Your "solution" has the inherent assumption that main spec has priority over someone else's off spec which is not universally accepted and Blizzard hasn't ever supported.

Not to mention that it isn't always as simple as this is a tank piece and this is a dps piece. Sure a piece with Dodge or Parry on it is clearly a tank piece and a Crit/haste piece is pretty clearly a dps piece but what about a Hit/Mastery piece? While hit isn't really seen as a priority for tanks mastery is still a very good stat for most/all of the tanking classes and yet this is also a very good dps piece.

What about casters. A piece with hit is clearly a dps piece but beyond that it really isn't clear. Yes a warlock/mage shouldn't really be going after spirit pieces but they are fine for a Shadow Priest and a piece with any combination of crit/haste/mastery could be used by any cloth class reasonably.