Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What Damage Meter?

It has been a while since I've played, and Curse.com is down at the moment so i can't check for myself, whats the best damage meter addon to use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Recount or Skada

I prefer Skada...I use it for both damage and threat meters.

In termos of results displayed, they are both good.

But i prefer recount. I love the in-depth analysis of the dps, so i find it more useful.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I used Skada for a while, and really liked the feature of it resetting after every fight, and even moreso the fact that you can make it show threat in combat. However, all my guildies use Recount and there seem to be a discrepancy of 2-4k dps between the two, no idea why. So I've gone back to Recount and always end up with 14 people on the dps list for 10man raiding because I forgot to reset after random hc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Recount is definitely easier to use.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I prefer Skada over Recount, a lot less memory used and you can turn off modules you're not using. Seems to measure up with WoL more accurately as well.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Deleted
    If you only want damage meter to look at and say "omfg look at awezome numberz", then you should go with skada as it uses less memory.

If you want to use your meter as something actually useful, that you want to be able to analyze in order to understand what is going wrong and how you can improve, then you should use recount as it is far superior to skada in every way other then the memory usage.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-06-15 at 07:44 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go with Skada for sure

I prefer recount, it shows ability usage and damage breakdown with the normal stats, helps with pinpointing problems. Only issue it doesn't register complete absorbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativaspirit View Post
    I used Skada for a while, and really liked the feature of it resetting after every fight, and even moreso the fact that you can make it show threat in combat. However, all my guildies use Recount and there seem to be a discrepancy of 2-4k dps between the two, no idea why. So I've gone back to Recount and always end up with 14 people on the dps list for 10man raiding because I forgot to reset after random hc...
    You can put recount to reset after every fight, also you can put it to reset whenver you enter a raid/dungeon and joins a new group as example.

Logs > Skada > Recount.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

I say Skada as well, everything built in one, and less memory is superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativaspirit View Post
    /facepalm
    Turn on "Current fight" instead of "overall", and it resets after every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    If you only want damage meter to look at and say "omfg look at awezome numberz", then you should go with skada as it uses less memory.

If you want to use your meter as something actually useful, that you want to be able to analyze in order to understand what is going wrong and how you can improve, then you should use recount as it is far superior to skada in every way other then the memory usage.
    I 100% agree with this post but seriously, if you are looking for in depth analysis then you should be running with guild that loads combat logs to World of Logs. You get much deeper analysis from WoL and you can compare your performance to previous raids or other players of your class/spec.

World of Logs make Recount a needless resource hog - so go with Skada

Use recount if you want more information, it uses more memory because it tells you a lot more than what Skada would tell you, like someone else said if you are just looking for DPS numbers use Skada, if you want information use Recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

If you want to analyze whats going on at a deeper level than WOL is the way to go.

Deleted
    skada beats it in almost every way to be fairly honest. had to use recount a few weeks back because i couldn't get skada to work for some reason and it really reminded me how much i dislike it. high memory useage, horrible skinning/layout and it can be fairly wrong when compared to logs, whereas skada is almost spot on.

I prefer Skada.

The only options are Recount or Skada, not WoL. WoL is a logging site and is not an addon.

Recount for detailed information
    Skada just for plain numbers

Don't derail the OP.