Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Doesn't change the fact its just illegal. Not terrorism, which is the "fact" it was stated to be.

Regardless, I don't see why everyone is so bent out of shape about this. Let Lulzsec do, what Lulzsec wants, and let those who wish to stop them, stop them. You people are powerless, and just complain as a monotonous droning mass, throwing about accusations and insults. If anyone should be mad, it should be the developers who are hit, not the random mob of netizens have now have to spend a few hours in the sunlight because their game got dos'd.

When credit card information was taken from Sony, there was a right to be concerned. People agreed with them, and people worried about what information was taken. Its things like that, that warranted valid complaints. Now? Everyone just complains simply because this exists. Enough is enough. Nothing can be done about it. Sit back, sip a beverage of your choosing, and enjoy the show while it lasts.
    Haha, I bought my game and should be able to play it, how is it not affecting me when I can't play because of some tards on the internet felt like taking down games online avaibality?
    And maybe they'll go for steam next?
    Last edited by Kakuzo; 2011-06-14 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, because these idiots are distracting from the problem of REAL hackers who have malicious intent, and in the end they're going to cost me more money when the government restricts internet usage and companies start charging more for their products and foisting more DRM crap on legitimiate customers.
    You can't distract a company from something they don't give a rats ass about.
    They are doing a great job in that "area", because they bring medias attention to the problem at hand, which is that there is way too low security on the internet.
    So instead of "we don't care at all" it's "some grey hats are hacking us, Media knows, we should do something..." which will make it harder for the "REAL hackers".

Deleted
    Meh. Let them keep drawing attention to themselves.
    It will just force authorities into action sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    Disclaimer:
    By no means do i support nor glorify the horrors Hitler did, its just an extreme example to show immense idiocy and ignorance.
    And the ignorance and idiocy will continue until I am no longer allowed to express opinions!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

meh was only eve online and minecraft no real loss lol j/ks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Isn't that the plot for die hard 4?
    LOL!

I suppose you could look at it like that, haha
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    ''Just saw a thread on /b/ where they're trying to hunt us: you /b/tards realize that we are everything you've ever tried to be? Damn furries.''

posted in the last min on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi View Post
    They are doing a great job in that "area", because they bring medias attention to the problem at hand, which is that there is way too low security on the internet.
    So instead of "we don't care at all" it's "some grey hats are hacking us, Media knows, we should do something..." which will make it harder for the "REAL hackers".
    Mainstream media is picking up on these small game hackings? Really?

And the theory that these hacking will force these companies to improve security (I fail to see how a DDOS attack leads to improved customer security) is nice, but I don't know of any evidence to support it. That on top of the fact that even with improved security, they are still liable to be hacked by anyone skilled and determined enough.

Deleted
    League of Legends too now

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    Haha, I bought my game and should be able to play it, how is it not affecting me when I can't play because of some tards on the internet felt like taking down games onlnie avaibality?
    And maybe they'll go for steam next?
    What the hell have they taken down so far that you had to buy. Sony's Playstation Network? You have single player games, and Sony reimbursed you for something someone else did. What more do you need? When Sony was taken down, due to what was at stake, people had the right to complain and worry. Now? Over simple dos attacks that will only last a few minutes, if not an hour or two? Lulzsec is winning pretty hard right now.

EDIT: So funny how people rage at me when all I said is people need to stop complaining, and relax. Credit card information is no longer at stake, and the things being hit are free to play. lol'd hard. My point is only proven all the better, that all the people complaining are nothing more than a mindless mass, seeking instant gratification.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2011-06-14 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfability View Post
    meh was only eve online and minecraft no real loss lol j/ks
    And League of Legends and escapistmagazine.com.... just wanted to add that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi View Post
    They aren't even hacking, as has been pointed out, there's no amount of security that can protect against what is essentially shoving too much data into too small an entry. And the only group they've hacked so far that has any business in bothering to protect it's information already does, as they mentioned with their failed attack on Facebook. The guys they are crashing are nobodies and it's only causing trouble for end-users.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Then my mistake? I remember them saying there was a possibility credit card information was taken. Regardless if it was, or wasn't, it still was a valid reason to complain.

As to why people shouldn't complain, have you been reading at all? What has all this complaining done to stop them, exactly. Its only fed the lulz train, and from what I've seen in this particular thread, everyone is more busy fighting each other than they are screaming at the sky over how terrible Lulzsec is for knocking down their login servers.

The complaints are more annoying than Lulzsec, at least Lulzsec accomplished something when they post on their Twitter feed.

EDIT: Smrund, you PAY for Eve Online? You PAY for League of Legends? Step off. I'm not being self-righteous, nor am I pressing anything. I'm simply saying the complaints are more obnoxious than Lulzsec, because at least Lulzsec gets shit done.

You don't pay for a damned thing. None of the things that have been taken down have taken money, whether it be subscription or direct fee's, at all. Step off your high horse and chill.
    Eve online is a subscription game that charges $15/mo the same as wow? At least pretend to not be so ignorant.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

WoW! WoW! Wow!

Maybe we can get lucky and he can delete this entire next lorelol patch!

Who knows right? How do we post in twiter again? =P

Ok now seriously (I was half serious before), how those attacks really happen? Is he the same guy that attacked internacional monetary fund? What other stuff did he attack?
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2011-06-14 at 08:42 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukki View Post
    Show me the law that says its illegal plz They're doing us a favor by pointing out the instability of these servers.
    what instability? if those companies had as many people trying to log into their games like that THEY WOULD HAVE THE CASH TO RUN IT WITH THAT MANY NUMBERS. this kid hiding behing a lulzsec name with a loic and some easily found SQL data is just an over opinionated kid.

one day these hackers will answer the door to "tech support" in the form of a 9mm gun and no witnesses...you hide behind anonymity you die behind it too, a fitting end eh?
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Mainstream media is picking up on these small game hackings? Really?

And the theory that these hacking will force these companies to improve security (I fail to see how a DDOS attack leads to improved customer security) is nice, but I don't know of any evidence to support it. That on top of the fact that even with improved security, they are still liable to be hacked by anyone skilled and determined enough.
    It's not the small game hackings, it's the big picture.
    Sony got hacked (by Anonymous? Noone really said they did it IIRC) ---> Media cared.
    Normally it would've ended there, but LulzSec and others kept on hacking. (FOX, Unveillance, PBS, Sony, Sony, Sony, etc.)
    This kept Medias attention on the problems (not as much as the start-hack against Sony, but meh) instead of "oh, right, there was something in april or so".
    And THAT forces companies to improve their security, because they could be next in "Who wants to get hacked and lose a shitload of customers/trust/stoc value?" and they REALLY don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Eve online is a subscription game that charges $15/mo the same as wow? At least pretend to not be so ignorant.
    And you got dos'd. You won't be down no shorter than a rolling restart at the least, and no longer than a Tuesday maintenance at the worst.

Get the stick out of your ass and go read a book and relax. If you really want to complain, bitch about how WoW takes $15 from you each Tuesday during maintenance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post
    one day these hackers will answer the door to "tech support" in the form of a 9mm gun and no witnesses...you hide behind anonymity you die behind it too, a fitting end eh?
    that's a bit harsh :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    They aren't even hacking, as has been pointed out, there's no amount of security that can protect against what is essentially shoving too much data into too small an entry. And the only group they've hacked so far that has any business in bothering to protect it's information already does, as they mentioned with their failed attack on Facebook. The guys they are crashing are nobodies and it's only causing trouble for end-users.
    Another one... get your facts straight guys >_>
    FOX, PBS, (they might not care that much, dunno), Sony and Sony again aaaaand Unveillance, Internet Security company affiliated with the FBI. Oh and senate.gov.
    And they only NOT hacked today, all the stuff before were hacks.