Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Yes, yes you are with your zero contribution post.
    Oooooh, teasing mods. Smart...

Anyways, I didn't know them before this, maybe it's a huge thing in america?

Oh ffs I just read the OP and I feel significantly more stupid for it. Like holy crap that is the biggest load of self indulgent, self righteous crap I've ever read, and that's saying a lot. Are these people on drugs, they seriously think they're Neo, doing some kind of revolution crap. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Enjoy jail criminals!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    to be specific, a DDoS attack is essentially just contacting the server in question *a lot*.
    it is essentially useless if your target can handle the amount of traffic you generate (but if it cannot because let's be honest, who has a 200,000 USD I/O server?) but if they can't it is quite simply out of reach until the attacker stops the attack.

a DDoS attack does nothing to prove the security of a company when it comes to accessing data, it is just disrupting businesses. how'd you like it if you couldn't call 911 because someone was flooding all the lines? an extreme case but this isn't as black and white as some would like to put it, even tho I have no idea what their real intention is, so... go them?
    This is true. They are doing nothing to point out the "holes" in the security via DDoS. Like the name says Distributed Denial of Service attack. Denial of Services. They are only gimping some aspect of the services provided by a company, not exposing the weaknesses. DDoS attacks are usually conducted from several different computers (usually belonging to botnets without the end-user knowing) so it is extremely hard (if not impossible) to track down the actual culprit.

So basically, by doing so, they are only fucking the consumers up the ass. And causing minor distress to the companies in question via angry customers. As already stated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    Oooooh, teasing mods. Smart...
    O_o maybe you're the kinda person who would cry about getting infracted or banned from an internet forum, but the majority of us really, REALLY don't give a shit.

Anyway, hooray for bad people getting their comeuppance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Jesus. It's only a matter of time till they rape WoW xD
    I greatly doubt this, since WoW it's security is even better then NASA it's security. (that's what they say)
    Plus to shut down all WoW's servers you need to hack in Amsterdam/London/Paris/ etc etc. Which is barely possible unless you have a great team of about.. 100+- men. So we're kinda save

So we can get into their documents now eh?

I suggest someone goes in and steal all the classified UFO documents.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be etertaining as hell. I love the whole ship metaphors.

shouldnt have picked on ma minecraft! ofc theres gonna be doom upon them after something like that!

Deleted
    People commenting on the security of US Federal Agency Computer systems and Military systems should take a look at this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

Even this poor bloke was able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironza View Post
    People commenting on the security of US Federal Agency Computer systems and Military systems should take a look at this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

Even this poor bloke was able to do it.
    Trumped up charges, read the full article.

Why don't these so-called hacktivists do something substantial instead of damaging, like target terrorist networks or screw with Syria?
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Why don't these so-called hacktivists do something substantial instead of damaging, like target terrorist networks or screw with Syria?
    Have you seen j35t3r?
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

To the OP:

You are a true slow person. Anyone who is stupid enough to attack a goverment and then boast with the tagline #Anti-Sec is basically say 'yes, let me be a pawn for these internet nerds'.

True hackers try to minimize their impact on what they are hacking because the best hack is one that no one knows happened. What lulzstupid is doing is basically what every 13 year old with an internet connection wishes they could do. When you claim you're against all goverment but still most likely pay for an internet connection so that you can do this stupidity you truly show your colours.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Davisdoesdallas Most hackers can easily pirate internet connections. lulzsec said themselves they do it to expose faults in security systems. Although i admit their methods are a little unorthodox.

Deleted
    I'm going to go ahead and say that what Lulzsec is doing, will ultimately only favor the world as we see it.

Why? Let's start from the top.

I'm fairly sure that a lot of young internet active people are intrigued by the concepts of hacking already. And as always happens when someone or something appears as a paragon for a specific area, the current activity of Lulzsec will surely cause a lot of people to look into hacking, as it seems to be a pretty fun and exciting thing to do.

A lot of these young wannabe-hackers will never get to where they want, and either give up or do something so stupid that they get caught red handed. But some, a small click, might actually learn enough to become competent hackers.

This will, in turn, mean that the internet security highway opens up, as new targets - untagged targets - are always goals to be reached for any hacker on the rise.

Why is this a good thing? Any hacking made agains't a website, causes that website to seriously overlook their own security. Because spending a sizeable part of the budget on extra internet security is far cheaper than a huge-ass lawsuit-

Is Lulzsec doing good things? Not directly, no. But imagine the results of what happens. Yeah, the DDoS attacks are harmless, but they HAVE actually hacked and obtained information from quite a lot of websites (Bethesha Game Studious, British NHS, Nintendo, Mediafire, InfraGard etc) - don't you think that most of those websites and their affiliations will overlook their security and, ultimately, make them much more secure for it's users?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I wish they've target the big boys in the industry, or are they not cool enough?

I hope they do Xbox Live so the PS3 users can laugh at them.
    Nah,Bill Gates leads them...

ontopic and seriously now,I'd be curious to see how they fare against Blizzard,which i myself see as the best company in the gaming industry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Nah,Bill Gates leads them...

ontopic and seriously now,I'd be curious to see how they fare against Blizzard,which i myself see as the best company in the gaming industry.
    I wonder if Bill Gates knows anything about hacking.. Would be interesting too see him bring Lulsec down and leave a message like "Nubs, I've been doin this shit 4 yearz. Don't screw with B-Gatez."

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I wonder if Bill Gates knows anything about hacking.. Would be interesting too see him bring Lulsec down and leave a message like "Nubs, I've been doin this shit 4 yearz. Don't screw with B-Gatez."
    i wouldn't be surprised if Gates could crack some major stuff lol. He might be a bit rusty and need to catch up a bit but i would say he could be quite potent if he turned hactivist (especially with the resources at his disposal). he could be like the V of the internet lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if Gates could crack some major stuff lol. He might be a bit rusty and need to catch up a bit but i would say he could be quite potent if he turned hactivist (especially with the resources at his disposal). he could be like the V of the internet lol.
    Why bother though, he's busy riding a yacht in his backyard pool with his billions of dollars
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    To be honest, I want to be a Lulzsec fanboy and I sort of am. I'm 50/50 on the whole matter. While they ARE helping security get tightened up for a lot of sites by showing the faults, they're causing way too much trouble. If they simply wanted to do that, they'd just give the information back to the people that own the sites (as proof they've hacked that site) and not put it out to the public. Instead, they're bringing down sites, giving out important information, and causing a lot of unnecessary trouble. I'll admit, it's pretty lulzy seeing all the commotion they're starting, but they're going to get way over their heads and something bad is going to happen.

They'll either get caught and have a miserable life ahead of them, or they're going to release something that really shouldn't be released and will cause some really nasty trouble for our government. I'm just waiting to see how this all ends tbh. Eventually they'll get bored and stop doing it, or will get way too close for comfort about being caught and give up. In the end, I really don't care. As long as they leave WoW alone it's none of my concern. I'm just here to enjoy the show like a lot of other people.
    They've already been discovered, it's all legalities at this point to get them arrested.